Carp Anglers Group Forums
ciprian muresan

New MI member

Hi guys

My name is Chip, I am a new member, long time angler, and I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I am originally from Europe but I've been living in Michigan for 10 years now. I always fished for carp, like most of the Europeans do, and I am very happy to see this growing as a sport here in the US. I am also blown away by how many Americans get the hang of it, I never thought carp fishing will catch here lol. And let me tell all of you, carp fishng in the US is extraordinary at the moment for the simple reason that very few people go for the carp here. You have no idea how crowded and overfished are the lakes in europe and how hard is to hook a carp, So, this is carp paradise lol

Anyways, I tried to fish lately in a bunch of lakes around my home, in Novi. Kensington-very weedy, even with a chod rig it's still a mess, Bloomer Park-weedy, and the public fishing space on the shore is very small and full of idiots launching boats, Belleville-only fished for an hour or so, we got caught by a storm, Ford Lake in Ypsi-my favorite so far, excellent catches up to 22 pouns, most in the 10-15 pounds zone. I also had the pleasure of meeting Mr Brian Pearcy at Ford Lake couple of days ago, when I helped him taking a picture of his first mirror. It was a pleasure

So I am looking for more places to fish around where I live, I am also open to meeting new people on the lakes and share info about carp fishing. If I'm not working, I am fishing, so anytime you are looking for a fishing partner, send me a message lol

Thanks everyone

Chip

iqPmK20.jpg

Hey Chip welcome to the forum! There are tons of great people here in Michigan. Im from over in Allen Park and do the occasional bit of fishing at ford, but currently in the fall most of my fishing is off of lake erie. Look forward to fishing with you some time! By the way check out milford lake above kent lake in the spring, a good few mirrors can be found there.

Hey Chip welcome to the forum! There are tons of great people here in Michigan. Im from over in Allen Park and do the occasional bit of fishing at ford, but currently in the fall most of my fishing is off of lake erie. Look forward to fishing with you some time! By the way check out milford lake above kent lake in the spring, a good few mirrors can be found there.

Milford lake is on my list. I never had time to go there. any specific spot on the lake ? Thanks

If you know where the beach is on the opposite bank of the dam, fish to the right of the beach in between the couple bushes over there.

If you know where the beach is on the opposite bank of the dam, fish to the right of the beach in between the couple bushes over there.

I'll find it. Thanks for the info. Is it like a park, or just a lake with public access?

Just a lake with public access not really a park, you have to park in the YMCA parking lot or near the ball diamonds over there and take the walking trail down to the beach. I would suggest parking in the YMCA lot though as they have a paved trail all the way to the spot, its much easier.

You will have fun dealing with all the kayakers and canoes lol. Thats the one bad thing about carping in the US is rude boaters and such.

Just a lake with public access not really a park, you have to park in the YMCA parking lot or near the ball diamonds over there and take the walking trail down to the beach. I would suggest parking in the YMCA lot though as they have a paved trail all the way to the spot, its much easier.

You will have fun dealing with all the kayakers and canoes lol. Thats the one bad thing about carping in the US is rude boaters and such.

Don't even start me on the boats issue here in the US because it will make my blood boil. Especially those who don't even fish from the boat, just disturbing the wildlife with their stupid skyjets and powerboats. Back in Europe if there's fish in the water and fishermen on the shore, the boats are illegal, or only the ones with no engine are allowed for baiting. And if you have the balls to break those rules over there, 10-15 fishermen will wait for you back on the shore and you better be Mike Tyson, otherwise you will get some bruises. Carp fishing is a religion over there LOL. At Ford Lake they finnaly put signs last week saying "NO SWIMMING, SHORE FISHING ONLY !!!". It's a mess

Don't even start me on the boats issue here in the US because it will make my blood boil. Especially those who don't even fish from the boat, just disturbing the wildlife with their stupid skyjets and powerboats. Back in Europe if there's fish in the water and fishermen on the shore, the boats are illegal, or only the ones with no engine are allowed for baiting. And if you have the balls to break those rules over there, 10-15 fishermen will wait for you back on the shore and you be be Mike Tyson, otherwise you will get some bruises. Carp fishing is a religion over there LOL. At Ford Lake they finnaly put signs last week saying "NO SWIMMING, SHORE FISHING ONLY !!!". It's a mess

Not much you can do here besides argue with them and put up with it. Ive been spooled a couple times with boats coming in too close and picking up my lines at ford lake. LOL thats rough! There are some things that i envy of UK fishing such as no boats and loads of mirrors but I love the big wild waters we have here and big wild carp that come with it!

We will have to do some fishing sometime, I will let you know if I'm ever out in that area. Or if you ever want to come over here and fish erie for a session your more than welcomed to!

Not much you can do here besides argue with them and put up with it. Ive been spooled a couple times with boats coming in too close and picking up my lines at ford lake. LOL thats rough! There are some things that i envy of UK fishing such as no boats and loads of mirrors but I love the big wild waters we have here and big wild carp that come with it!

We will have to do some fishing sometime, I will let you know if I'm ever out in that area. Or if you ever want to come over here and fish erie for a session your more than welcomed to!

There is nothing you can do. The boat industry is a multi trillion dollar giant and nobody is going to mess with them. I understand people love boats and everything but they could have a little respect. But, at the end of the day, like you said it and I said it, this is still a carping paradise for now. Imagine 10 millions americans will switch tomorrow from bass fishing to carp fishing, what will happen? you will need to be on the lake at 2 am to find a spot to fish lol. Hell yeah I'll go fishing with you or anybody passioned abot carp. Anytime, anywhere !!!

Welcome to the forum! I am Austin's brother, hopefully we will see you on the bank soon!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here in the USA. I look forward to learning from your experiences in Europe.

Carp fishing will take off when we have pro anglers can make millions from it.

There is nothing you can do. The boat industry is a multi trillion dollar giant and nobody is going to mess with them. I understand people love boats and everything but they could have a little respect. But, at the end of the day, like you said it and I said it, this is still a carping paradise for now. Imagine 10 millions americans will switch tomorrow from bass fishing to carp fishing, what will happen? you will need to be on the lake at 2 am to find a spot to fish lol. Hell yeah I'll go fishing with you or anybody passioned abot carp. Anytime, anywhere !!!

Haha very true! Awesome sounds great!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here in the USA. I look forward to learning from your experiences in Europe.

Carp fishing will take off when we have pro anglers can make millions from it.

Not much of what I learned in Europe applies here. Lakes are different, baits are different, even fish are different. Like I said, carp fishing at the moment here in the US is like carp fishing was in the UK in the 70-80's. Not a lot of people fishing, not a lot of skills and super tech gear required. Which is very good in my opinion. Europe lakes are highly overfished and they have been like this for decades. You have to be a top angler there to catch a 22 pounder. Here, if you go to Ford Lake with a can of corn and a 20$ Walmart rod you have huge chances of hooking a big monster. Not sure if you will get it out of the water with that rod LOL but my point is you can hook it. Funniest thing ever, in England they know almost every fish in any lake by name. I am not kidding, google it. They meet and say to each other "Hey, I caught Mary the 30 pounder last week ! - Oh, I caught her last year". The carp fishing tackle industry is a multi million pounds industry there, if not billions, the number of fishermen catching carp is huge.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure I'll see you at Ford again sometime. I'm sorry we didn't get to talk more on Monday. Lots of bites made it difficult. :yes:

Thanks for snapping that picture of the mirror for me.

Chip are you the same chip that landed all the fish for me a few weeks ago? You saved my day! I Finally got a landing net ! From resistance tackle.. and some 12' rods and baitrunner reels from Andy. Chip I plan on going out to Ford Lake next Friday Oct 3rd if you (or anybody else ) are up for it!

Here's an example of what I was talking about earlier in the thread, it's an article in England about a Korda guy who caught a 40 pound mirror on Brazil nuts. Check out the end of the article and notice how he knows the fish by name. Ridiculous LMAO

u2GKiaL.png