Carp Anglers Group Forums
Chance636

Caught my first carp today

It all started a few months ago when I came across a video of Austin catching some carp at pointe mouille. After doing some research and buying and some pre tied hooks and a sbomb, I hit banks with many failed attempts. After talking with Austin at sterling state park I found these forums and have learned a ton, It still took several weeks to land my first carp after some hook pulls and the carp getting off within feet of shore. Today was my lucky day! I'm definetly addicted!

Thanks Austin for all the help, and Brian for all the tips, and Bill for selling me some awesome poles. The bait runners made a huge difference. no way I could've caught anything without their help.

Not sure on the wait but I'd say atleast 10 pounds

post-8821-0-94561500-1413072127_thumb.jp

This one was the biggest fish I've ever caught I say 15+ pounds

post-8821-0-69892700-1413072242_thumb.jp

post-8821-0-75731300-1413072340_thumb.jp

Awesome job, congrats! I am actually going to be there tomorrow with some of my friends. Again great job!

Thanks guys! I had about 5 runs total the first one I had right at shore but he got off as I was trying to net him myself. And two others got off right away.

Good job. Carp fishing is very addicting if you get into it. The day before my session I can't sleep at night and I'm in my garage for hrs looking everything over and making bait. It's an obsession.

Congrats chance! Those are some very healthy and thick fish, well done! The start of a life long obsession lol

Thanks guys! Yeah Austin the biggest one I caught was very thick and I didn't even know he was on the line, the line was pulling to the left but it never pulled hard enough for my alarms to beep. I thought maybe a turtle had grabbed the line.

WTG! Glad to have you on the forum and congrats on the first of many more carp! Had guy at church ask when I was going carping. Told him Wednesday and Thursday, weather permitting.

Congratulations! Welcome to the club....(aka carp addict support group) ;) They're some respectable fish... You learn fast! you have a great mentor!