Carp Anglers Group Forums
kenneth taylor

Hooks hair rig or no hair rig

Usually the hair rig will outperform the single hook. With that said a picture of your hair rig may help to determine if anything can be adjusted to help you out. There may be something small to tweak that can make a huge difference in the mechanics of it. Welcome to the forum by the way.

Let's see a picture of your hair rig setup. Some go crazy but mine are really simple and work. No need to overdo it.

there are moments in carp fishing when a guy with 3-4k in gear, 10-20 years of angling experience, pre baited spot, using the most expensive carp bait and carp tackle on the market, catches one fish per day in a spot where next to him someone with a 3 foot, 10$ walmart rod, with corn straight on the hook, bread on the feeder, catches 25 fish all day. It's frustrating and embarrassing but, it's carp fishing. It happens more often than you think. Don't ask me how I know LOL

Ok guys I'll try to figure out how to post pics as for the non-hair hook was octopus circle the size 6 it seamed like everything that touched that hook was caught And guys thanks for the feed back I caught 4 carp 5-8plbs range

Ok guys I'll try to figure out how to post pics

Go to www.imgur.com, upload your picture, after you finish the upload, on the right side of the screen you have a bunch of links, choose "BBCode (message boards & forums)" link, copy that and paste it here.

Nothing wrong with sweet corn on the hook and the pack guys haul fish all day without hair rigs.

If the carp are not hook shy and you can hit those bites then I would rather fish a baited hook.

That said let's see if we can help with your hair rig set up.

there are moments in carp fishing when a guy with 3-4k in gear, 10-20 years of angling experience, pre baited spot, using the most expensive carp bait and carp tackle on the market, catches one fish per day in a spot where next to him someone with a 3 foot, 10$ walmart rod, with corn straight on the hook, bread on the feeder, catches 25 fish all day. It's frustrating and embarrassing but, it's carp fishing. It happens more often than you think. Don't ask me how I know LOL

Very true. The days that I take my light tackle to a lake I end up catching more carp. I remember taking my float fishing setup to a lake near by. I was using corn meal dough that I learned to make in Italy. 32 carp were caught that day on one rod. I wasn't even there for two hrs. Hauling isn't even the word

blahahhah that's more like work Obsessed Carper but your both right it does seem that I get more carp when I use 4-6lbs test on my ultra-lite rods just worry about getting spooled out with a good one

Don't get it twisted though. The 4 to 6 lb test can only take you so far and your limited to fish certain waters and baits IMO with a simple approach. It's hard to explain. Once you master both techniques you will see what I mean. Thine and place for certain things.

I came from a match fishing background. My father was a top trout, tench, barbel angler in Italy so I learned to fish light line and very very tiny hooks. It only took me so far with carp fishing.

Do what you enjoy!

There is a reason (beyond tartiness) for the euro gear; it really is superior for bank fishing, but needs to be adjusted according to conditions. Ditto with the paylaker setups. Well developed for it's purpose.

Don't get stuck on just one thing or another. I still enjoy light gear in clear areas.

that's a sweet rig sir ill give it a try thank you sir for the info its cool to see guys come and give out the info that we do has I learn more ill give more anyway thanks sir