Carp Anglers Group Forums

☆Preliminary Updates for the 2015 Dixon Carp Derby ☆

Guest THE BIG WORM

Guest THE BIG WORM

Still waiting to finalize some details but wanted to give folks a heads up for next August's DIXON CARP DERBY

Tentative dates: (Planned)

Saturday and Sunday

August 22nd and 23rd, 2015

*** Will know end of November ***

Format will remain the same as last year with the follow classes/prizes.

Grand Champion

(largest carp of the event)

Advanced Division

(Top three, of anglers best three carp)

Adult Division

(Top 20 Amature anglers single Largest carp)

Boys / Girls Divisions

(Top 5 boy/girl anglers single Largest carp)

Notes: There is a request proposed to add funding to the Advanced Division to guarentee the purse to be higher than the amature division, the vote will be later this month. The City and Tourism received alot of positive feedback from the change, and we're impressed with how well things ran. I want to thank those who fished the Advanced division, and I hope that Dixon helps to encourage participation in all the Divisions.

I will post up dates as they happen....

Larry

Guest THE BIG WORM

REQUESTS TO RETAILERS, CLUBS, MANUFACTURERS,

VENDORS, GUIDES, LEAGUES, and PPROMOTERS

Looking for help, for stewards, prizes, vendors, and folks willing to share and help amature anglers learn about carp fishing at a fun and open minded casual event.

The Dixon Carp Derby is Illinois/Midwests Largest Catch and Release Carp Fishing Event with exposure on Radio, news print, in magazine adds, on the DNR website and travel Illinois Web sites as well and a great place to let people see you and learn about your ideas......

To find out more contact me at carpfishingnow@yahoo.com

LARRY

Planning early this year. Don't know yet if I will be able to make it. Depends on how the next couple weeks go.

It's a different style of tournament. Pays out the top 20 over the two days. No pegs, just pick a spot. It's fun though and I've never even fished it just a steward.

• 1 month later...

Larry, thank you so much for putting on the Dixon Carp Derby. Everyone had so much fun; this was a great event. Although we were all fishing a real carp tournament, it felt more like a Fish-in. It was so cool to be fishing side-by-side with both local amateurs, and my professional carp fishing friends. You did a great job of organizing the event, and the fishing was awesome. Everyone was catching fish and getting runs. I must have landed over 40 carp during the two day event, and what an incredible variety of different types of carp. I caught Kio, common, mirror, and goldfish/carp hybrids. I wish I could figure out how to post photos on here to show everyone some of the fish I caught. I loved the tournament format, and the event was a lot of fun. God permitting, I will be back in 2015, to defend my Title as the 2014 Dixon Carp Derby Advanced Angler Division Champion. Maybe this time, I will be the Grand Champion, I just missed it by a few ounces. And even if I do not win any money, it certainly will be worth the five hour drive to fish the Rock River and take part in this tournament. Thanks again!

Happy Holidays,

Paul Scott

You guys can go to the Central Illinois Fishing Group on Facebook to check out the photos. There is also an article posted on there about the event.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest THE BIG WORM

Not as yet.

The Tourism Office started to relocate in October to a new location and they said the details may be delayed to the begining of February.....also trying to coordinate it with Venitian Night and that is run by another group, so hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

• 1 month later...
Guest THE BIG WORM

In conjunction with the Downtown Business District's Venitian Night we have a date.

2015 DIXON CARP DERBY official dates.....

August 22nd. & 23rd. 2015

Saturday & Sunday

We will still have early registration on Friday the 21st.

Rules and Classes to be determined yet, we are still awaiting approval on the Prize increases.

MORE TO COME!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...

Due to numerous requests by Loyal CAG members and those I consider friends asking for updates I have re-opened this thread and should have finalized info after the weekend.

With the change in administration in Dixon there will be some prize total changes as the event gets moved trys to become more self supporting, but the format with last year's added Advanced Division will remain.....

I'm looking forward to posting the updates next week.

Larry

Larry, If I can do anything as far as being your eyes and ears in Dixon please let me know. 815-213-2129

Thanks Jim. I'll take you up on that.

The Park District is working on some posters and I could use help propping them off around town. I'll know in a couple days when the'll be ready.

• Jerome unlocked this topic