Carp Anglers Group Forums

NACA Special Edition, for the BOD

Mario Kok

Guys, I think we started a well received project last year with the printed NACA, Special Edition. I understand there might even be some volunteers again to contribute in the costs. Is anyone working on this? I think the members would be more than grateful for the 2015 Special Edition!

:)

Raises hand :)

Mario,

My goal is to put out 4 NACA quarterly's each year via the online Magazine and 1 Special Edition (Printed) each year. I believe Andy has a better deal for more pages at the same cost. My main concern would be that printed magazine is of a high quality and the content is outstanding and not just stuff we throw together. I would like it to have a Theme and something which the members can keep and re-read with useful information.

Not sure when we want to aim for but I would think a summer 2015 release would be ideal. I would like to try and stick to the following timeline next year for the online version:

Q1 - March 1st

Q2 - June 1st

Q3 - September 1st

Q4 - November 1st

We could aim to put the printed version at any point in between. I am happy to gather all the content as usual and edit the magazine, just let me know what the general consensus is.

That's disappointing. I think everyone would have been more than happy with 3 digital copies and one printed version. I know it’s a lot of work. Been there, done that. But having sponsors available and no one doing the work is a tough one. Huge missed oportunity in my opinion.

Mario,

I'm happy to do 3 online and 1 printed. It really makes no difference to me as the work load is pretty much the same. I'm unsure as to sponsors and if they are available to finance an edition in the near future? I am not in the loop regarding finances and from my initial conversations I was under the impression that the BOD did not want to spend money on NACA ie. they want it to be self funding.

I could hold off on Q4 and gather content for a printed edition (64 pages??). This could be done over the next couple of months and I can then put out 2015 Q1 in March, Q2 in June, Q3 in September and the printed Edition around Christmas time each year?

Let me know what everyone thinks.

Dean

I believe last years Special Edition came out as the a beefed-up "collectors" or special Quarterly edition (kinda like a year-end Annual), and was delivered in the off season winter months (I think around or right after the Holidays in January/e Feb?) when most anglers are stuck inside. It made a superb antidote for cabin fever and I'm sure fueled more than one dream for spring. There was an extended period for content submission, took a lot of extra work and is not something that can be thrown together haphazardly or without much forethought and organization. Folks are out and about working, fishing, vacationing, traveling, yard working and what not (and the growing season for us commercial guys) in summer and I feel something published during that period would tend to be tossed into the mail/magazine pile, possibly overlooked and give the membership less bang for the buck of resources invested. Having the printed Annual in winter also makes copies available for late winter/ e spring fish-ins and sporting-shows where a CAG table may be set up...it just covered so many bases. I don't know how much BOD forethought and planning went into that extraordinary Annual edition but since we're getting into winter now and if there is not time to give it the planning time deserved it might be better to skip this year. If that would be the case yes, an opportunity missed, but would give time for planning next year.