Carp Anglers Group Forums
Lefty

Leftus from Gloucester

New member here from Gloucester. I've recently been bit by the big carp bug. I'm not really new to carp fishing as I've been targeting them in the late fall for around 4 years as a replacement for striped bass. A recent catch of a 24-6 lb common and a 26- 5 lber has me focused on nothing else.ive actually met Jerome a couple times in Arlington on the bank. I look forward to someday joining serious carpers. Pic of 24 -6 common post-8866-0-39622300-1417607783.jpg

Very nice catch! Glad to see that the bug is spreading!

Don't fight the feeling for catching carp, no matter what size. It is addictive and as mentioned, there is no cure. BTW, that is a nice fish in your photo.

Very nice fish........and that venue looks vaguely familiar! ;)

I hope to see you at one of the MA CAG Fish-Ins in spring 2015.

Iain

Iain

yeah no big secret there. That spot slowed down quite a bit. Been baiting it the last couple days gonna give it one more shot Sunday am. If you bait it I will come!!

Great fish. Welcome to the forum

cant wait to see what tou catch on sunday keep us posted thanks for joining CAG

Iain

Looks a bit like New England! :)

yeah no big secret there. That spot slowed down quite a bit. Been baiting it the last couple days gonna give it one more shot Sunday am. If you bait it I will come!!

It's a good lake if you can get on the fish, just a shame there's so much private property!! The fish are fairly unique as they have big heads and tend to be fairly short and stocky. Nice looking fish as well :)

It's a good lake if you can get on the fish, just a shame there's so much private property!! The fish are fairly unique as they have big heads and tend to be fairly short and stocky. Nice looking fish as well :)

I was on them for a month before the first cold snap. Very different fish from what I've gotten in the Mystic,Charles, and Other pond son the North Shore.I've been all over that spot with my kayak with ff/gps. There winter spot is inaccessible from shore. An kayakfishing in the winter isn't very pleasant!!! By the way I blanked there Sunday.

See if I can put up pictures. Okay here's a 13.9 I got Saturday at a different North shore pond.

post-8866-0-49892200-1418291648_thumb.jp