Carp Anglers Group Forums
FJR1

FFF 2015 - Winners, Awards, and $

FFF 2015 - Sometimes the weather and the fish win

Sometimes, many times, Mother Nature simply does not cooperate when it comes to carping events scheduled for specific dates. A nation-wide cold front on January 1, 2015 created a double-edged sword for the 60 anglers who registered for CAG’s FFF 2015: The conditions made it just too cold, too icy, or too snowy for many anglers to safely get to and utilize their venues, and, for most who were able to get out on January 1, the carp were tight-lipped and difficult to catch. The biggest winners of FFF 2105 were the weather and the fish.

In total, only eight anglers reported catches on January 1, 2015. All eight anglers, of course, won Lucky 13 prizes for being among the first 13 anglers to capture a carp during FFF 2015.

Thirty-three carp weighing 315 pounds were submitted for FFF 2015, averaging nine pounds, nine ounces.

Six North/Phone Zone anglers submitted 30 catches and two South/Warm Zone participants swept their region’s awards with three valuable carp on the board.

One, magic 16-6 mirror submitted by Evan Cartabiano took the South’s Monster Award, First Fish Award (12:09 a.m.), and Scubadoc Award, while taking second in the South’s Baby Award and Emperor Award competitions. Evan’s 16-6 also won the scale donated by Adam Cieplik for the national big carp caught during FFF 2015. FFF 2015 prizes don't make people rich, but Evan’s lone mirror garnered $105 and a new scale for placing 1st or 2nd in six different contest categories!
fff2015_evan_1606_mirror_1209.jpg

Chris Broadbent, who fished with Evan, recorded two mirrors resulting in first place in the South’s Emperor competition (24-11) and Baby competition (11-4), while placing second in the Monster (13-7), First Fish (12:26 a.m.), and Scubadoc (13-7) competitions.
fff2015_broadbent_1307.jpg

Rick Alexander and Matt Latzo fished together and landed 16 fish (eight each) to dominate the North.

Rick Alexander’s 15-4 won the North’s Monster Award and also anchored his 93+ pound bag of carp for the top Emperor Award.
fff2015_alexander_1504.jpg

Matt Latzo's eight fish resulted in second place finishes in the North’s Monster (13-7) and Emperor (79-4) competitions.
fff2015_latzo_1307.jpg

Dave Pickering caught the North’s only mirrors. In fact, he caught two, plus a common. His 8-0 mirror won the Scubadoc Award for largest mirror in the North.
fff2015_pickering_0800_mirror.jpg

Joey Sitarski pulled in a 1-7 to win the Baby Award in the North and the new scale donated by Adam Cieplik for small carp nationally.
fff2015_sitarski_0107.jpg

Jim and Frank Rink caught ten fish between them (five each) at the frigid DesPlaines River in Illinois.

Jim Rink won third place in the North’s Emperor competition (41-15), third in the Baby competition (4-13), and was fourth in the First Fish competition (2:44 a.m.) to round out the four who achieved FFF 2015 Hall of Fame designation (capture a fish by 6:00 a.m.).
fff2015_jimrink_0910_244am.jpg

Frank Rink’s 3-10 took second in the North’s Baby Award contest, and Frank placed third in the North’s Monster competition with an 11-11 that was also the third fish caught chronologically (12: 48 a.m.) during FFF 2015.
fff2015_frankrink_1111_1248am.jpg

Certificates were awarded to Robert White and Frank Rink for Sunrise photos.
post-8630-0-86068600-1420142200_thumb.jp
fff2015_sunrise_frankrink_a.jpg

Several awards went unclaimed, including all of the Prince awards for carpers 17 years old and under. FFF mainstays such as the Gordon family gave it their best, but it wasn't in the cards this year.

For FFF 2016, more states will move to the South Zone to even out the competition a bit. This year there were three times more North Zone anglers than South Zone participants.

Here’s to a better catch rate for the remainder of 2015 and to a banner day on January 1, 2016 for FFF 2016! Special thanks to CAG for sponsoring/funding the event and to Adam Cieplik for his donation of scales. Huge thanks to all who registered, to all who participated, and to all who had intentions to get out, catch some fish, and win some FFF prizes. Sometimes, the best intentions go unfulfilled. Better luck next year.—Dr. Frank Rink, FFF 2015 Coordinator

rule.jpg

The FFF First Carp Awards, Hall of Fame Awards, and Lucky 13 Awards

Here are our FFF 2015 First Carp, Hall of Fame, and Lucky 13 Award Winners.

Click on the certificate to access its full size. Feel free to save and print your certificate for your personal use, or just take a look at it and know that CAG and I appreciate your involvement in the FFF 2015 event. Also, be prepared to PM me your Paypal address or mailing address, so I may send you your cash prizes. Congratulations! --Frank Rink, FFF 2015 Coordinator

1. Evan Cartabiano - 12:09 a.m. - $25 and Hall of Fame Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_evan_hof.jp

2. Christopher Broadbent - 12:26 a.m. - $15 and Hall of Fame Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_hof_broadbe

3. Frank Rink - 12:48 a.m. - $10 and Hall of Fame Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_hof_frank.j

4. Jim Rink - 2:44 a.m. - $10 and Hall of Fame Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_jim_hof.jpg

5. Rick Alexander - 9:00 a.m. - $10 and Lucky 13 Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_13_rick.jpg

6. Matt Latzo - 9:05 a.m. - $10 and Lucky 13 Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_13_matt.jpg

7. Dave Pickering - 10:30 a.m. - $10 and or Lucky 13 Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_13_dave.jpg

8. Joey Sitarski - 12:35 p.m. - $10 and Lucky 13 Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_13_joey.jpg

Click here to access photos of every carp captured in FFF 2015!

rule.jpg

The FFF 2014 Monster Award:

Biggest carp caught during the FFF. The required picture of the angler holding the fish plus accompanying data (time, weight, angler’s name) must be submitted. Winners from each Zone will receive $25 for first, $15 for second, $10 for third, and a certificate.

Click on the certificate to access its full size. Feel free to save and print your certificate for your personal use, or just take a look at it and know that CAG and I appreciate your involvement in the FFF 2015 event. Also, be prepared to PM me your Paypal address or mailing address, so I may send you your cash prizes. Congratulations! --Frank Rink, FFF 2015 Coordinator

Here are our FFF 2015 Monster Award Winners:

South/Warm Zone
1. Evan Cartabiano - 16-6 - $25 and Monster Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_monster_eva

2. Christopher Broadbent - 13-7 - $15 and Monster Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_monster_chr

North/Phone Zone
1. Rick Alexander - 15-4 - $25 and Monster Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_monster_ric

2. Matt Latzo - 13-7 - $15 and Monster Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_monster_mat

3. Frank Rink - 11-11 - $10 and Monster Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_monster_fra

rule.jpg

The FFF Baby Award:

Smallest carp caught during the FFF. The required picture of the angler holding the fish plus accompanying data (time, weight, angler’s name) must be submitted. Winners from each Zone will receive $25 for first, $15 for second, $10 for third, and a certificate.

Here are our FFF 2015 Baby Award Winners:

South/Warm Zone
1. Christopher Broadbent - 11-4 - $25 and Baby Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_baby_chris.

2. Evan Cartabiano - 16-6 - $15 and Baby Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_baby_evan.j

North/Phone Zone
1. Joey Sitarski - 1-7 - $25 and Baby Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_baby_joey.j

2. Frank Rink - 3-10 - $15 and Baby Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_baby_frank.

3. Jim Rink - 4-13 - $10 and Baby Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_baby_jim.jp

rule.jpg

The FFF Emperor Award:

Total weight of all carp caught by the angler. The required pictures of the angler holding every fish plus accompanying data (time, weight, angler’s name) must be submitted. Winners from each Zone will receive $25 for first, $15 for second, $10 for third, and a certificate.

Here are our FFF 2014 Emperor Award Winners:

South/Warm Zone
1. Christopher Broadbent - 24-11 - 2 fish - $25 and Emperor Award Certificate

FFF2015_certificate_template_emperor_chr

2. Evan Cartabiano - 16-1 - 1 fish - $15 and Emperor Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_emperor_eva

North/Phone Zone
1. Rick Alexander - 93-3 - 8 fish - $25 and Emperor Award Certificate

FFF2015_certificate_template_emperor_ric

2. Matt Latzo - 79-4 - 8 fish - $15 and Emperor Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_emperor_mat

3. Jim Rink - 41-15 - 5 fish - $10 and Emperor Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_emperor_jim

rule.jpg

The FFF Prince Award:

Total weight of all carp caught by the angler who is 17 years old or younger. Note, however, that juniors are eligible for all other awards. For example, if a junior wins the Emperor Award, then the Prince Award will be given to the second place junior and so on. The required pictures of the junior angler holding every fish plus accompanying data (time, weight, angler’s name) must be submitted. Winners from each Zone will receive $25 for first, $15 for second, $10 for third, and a certificate.

There were no FFF 2015 Prince Award Winners.

rule.jpg

The FFF Scubadoc Mirror Award:

Biggest mirror (or leather) carp caught during the FFF (in honor of Dr. Neil Stern). The required picture of the angler holding the fish plus accompanying data (time, weight, angler’s name) must be submitted. Winners from each Zone will receive $25 for first, $15 for second, $10 for third, and a certificate.

Here are our FFF 2015 Scubadoc Mirror Award Winners:

North/Phone Zone
1. Dave Pickering- 8-0 - $25 and Scubadoc Mirror Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_scubadoc_da

South/Warm Zone

1. Evan Cartabiano - 16-6 - $25 and Scubadoc Mirror Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_scubadoc_ev

2. Christopher Broadbent - 13-7 - $15 and Scubadoc Mirror Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_scubadoc_ch

rule.jpg

The FFF 2015 Jerome Adventure Tale Award.

Many of you have submitted interesting FFF summaries with accompanying photos in the past. In honor of Jerome Moisand's quick wit, photography skills, way with words, and dedication to CAG and FFF, we are adding an award category for the best written summaries with photographs of your 2014 FFF adventure. Those will be judged by a panel consisting of Bob Giordano, Adam Cieplik, Jerome Moisand, and myself. The winner will receive $25 and a certificate. The second place winner will receive $15 and a certificate. The third place winner will receive $10 and a certificate.

Here are our FFF 2015 Jerome Adventure Tale Award Winners:

1. Evan Cartabiano - $25 and FFF 2014 Jerome Adventure Tale Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_jerome_evan

2. Robert White - $15 and
FFF 2014 Jerome Adventure Tale Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_jerome_robe

3. Todd Richer - $10 and
FFF 2014 Jerome Adventure Tale Award Award Certificate

FFF2015_certificate_template_jerome_todd

rule.jpg

The FFF 2015 Sunrise Award Click here for Post #2 on this thread where award certificates for the Sunrise Award are posted.

There were some great shots posted! Downloadable certificates are available on Post #2 of this thread for each and every photographer who posted a sunrise photo from 1/1/15. This category does not currently feature a competition, so all photographers receive a certificate. Thanks and congrats to Robert White and Frank Rink.

ROBERT WHITE, JR. - RI (VENUE IN MA)
FRANK RINK (IL)

Click here to see all the FFF 2015 Sunrise Photo entries!

rule.jpg

Sunrise Award Certificates

Here are certificates for download awarded to the FFF 2015 participants who submitted sunrise entries.

Click on the certificate to access its full size. Feel free to save and print your certificate for your personal use, or just take a look at it and know that CAG and I appreciate your involvement in the FFF 2015 Sunrise Photo activity. Congratulations! --Frank Rink, FFF 2015 Coordinator

Click here to review full sized FFF 2015 sunrise photos.

fff2015_robert_white_sunrise.jpg

2015_rink_sunrise.jpg

I am still waiting for one more judge to submit his ratings for the FFF 2015 Jerome Adventure Tale Award, but all other FFF 2015 results have been finalized and are detailed above in Post #1. Thanks to all who had any part in FFF 2015. I hope you will consider participation on January 1, 2016. --Frank Rink, FFF 2015 Coordinator

First Fishing Folly or the FFF.

Thanks CAG!!! THANKS Frank Rink!!! Great job for all those that braved the elements and wet a line.

I can't say it better than the Mad Chummer - "Thanks CAG!!! THANKS Frank Rink!!!".

Seems like a lot of people had a great time in spite of the weather in some places. The certificates are outstanding! Thanks to all who helped organize and work the FFF.

I'm like the Cubs and the World Series- there's always next year!

I know it has been said before but, Mr.Rink , Once Again, You have done "one hellava good job" with this FFF tournament. Your level of organization and attention to detail was/is quite impressive. Your update posts were extreamly prompt and detailed. Im sure I speak for everybody involved in the FFF and Cag when I say Thank You Sir! Well done!!

Frank, thanks for a SUPER job on the FFF this year. The contest was very well run, totally organized and constantly up to date. The certificates and prizes were outstanding.

And, I do want to congratulate all who got out to fish, even those who caught nothing. It's tough fishing at this time of year and many put in an outstanding effort. Really shows the dedication of carp fishermen in the CAG!

Thanks, all, for the kind words. It's my pleasure working with such a dedicated, hard core group of anglers, and it's always an enjoyable challenge to catch something in the conditions that usually accompany Jan. 1.--Frank

Judging of the FFF 2015 Jerome Adventure Tale entries is final. Thanks to Jerome Moisand, Adam Cieplik, and Bob Giordano for their willingness to serve as judges.

Here are our FFF 2015 Jerome Adventure Tale Award Winners:

1. Evan Cartabiano - $25 and FFF 2014 Jerome Adventure Tale Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_jerome_evan

2. Robert White - $15 and
FFF 2014 Jerome Adventure Tale Award Certificate
FFF2015_certificate_template_jerome_robe

3. Todd Richer - $10 and
FFF 2014 Jerome Adventure Tale Award Award Certificate

FFF2015_certificate_template_jerome_todd

That concludes FFF 2015. Big thanks to all who had any involvement in the endeavor. --Frank Rink