Carp Anglers Group Forums
Mark Watson

Carp Fishing Podcast

Hi Mark, great to see you on the CAG forums - welcome to CAG !

The first episode was good, listening to you and Jamie talking was like almost being there, on the bankside, reminiscing. The interview with Kevin Nash, as always, love hearing Kevin talk, his perspective and stories are entertaining and informative. I'm looking forwards to your Ali Hamidi segment next time out.

Tight-Lines, and keep up the great work !

John

CarpQuest

Here's CC2 with Ali who gives us a great interview.

https://soundcloud.com/carp-cast/the-carp-cast-ft-ali-hamidi

I've been browsing this site a bit and I think we need to get a U.S. carper on sooner or later:-)

Mark, love the new podcasts. I've sent you a PM with some information if you are looking to get US carpers on it the future. It would also be great to get an interview with yourself for our magazine (NACA) highlighting this new format.

Mark,.ep2, another great listen - thanks for putting these together !

Mark, love the new podcasts. I've sent you a PM with some information if you are looking to get US carpers on it the future. It would also be great to get an interview with yourself for our magazine (NACA) highlighting this new format.

I'd love to do something with your magazine :-)

Just listening to episode 3 now Mark, was great to hear the American carp scene mentioned and look forwards to seeing your article in NACA, when it comes out...

Tight-Lines,

John

Edited by JohnFinney

Episode 4 is now available, this week, with Mark Pitchers - looking forwards to a listen later this afternoon !

https://soundcloud.com/carp-cast/the-carp-cast-4-ft-mark

Another mention for the US, with the Arizona 40 mentioned. The podcast will be featured in the next NACA so I encourage everyone to listen and support the podcast and like and share it.

Another great episode Mark and thanks for the shout out on the USA carp scene and the Arizona 40 by Bryce Gabriel. Oh what irony, Bryce's girlfriend, Kristine Vogel, topped his capture a week later with a stunning 40 lb 5 oz common. You go Girl - showing the lads how it's done ! :yes:

HI, sorry about the gap between podcasts but CC5 is now online. We are now going to try our best to release an episode every other Friday. We are also very close to getting on iTunes, just waiting on them now to review our content :-)

https://soundcloud.com/carp-cast/the-carp-cast-5-ft-iain

I'm also going to be in New York in a week or 2 doing the tourist thing, any suggestions on how i can squeeze some carpiness in?

Mark,

If you are downtown New York a couple of the lakes in Central Park that have carp. The first one you enter from Downtown has a few koi's in it and if you go up to the bigger pools at the top of the park there are plenty of fish. I think you can only use certain baits, according to the park website, but a stalking rod and a loaf of bread should do the trick.

If you want a session for bigger fish, we have plenty of CAG members who live in New York who I'm sure would help out. Good luck.

Thanks brooksey, we'll be having a look round Central Park but I wont be doing any fishing. Will certainly be looking for them though ;-)

Mark, I'll be going for a weekend in the summer with the wife. Hope I can sneak a rod into the car!!!

The magazine with your article will be live in the next week or so, I'll send the links across once we post them. Thanks again for your time.

Episode 7 is now available, special guest Simon Crow, another great listen !

Episode 8 is now available, special guest Mark Holmes - they just keep getting better !

Hi Mark, I've listened to, and enjoyed most of the first 8. Particularly likely the Hughes and Holmes sessions.

Much to learn there, even for a very old school carper. Some even translates to our fishing over here!!

Hope you get the support to continue for a long time.

A not to miss episode, that will feature our very own, Dean Brookes, Iain Sorrell and David Moore, CarpCast, Ep 13 - should be out in a few weeks !

Fins-up Guys !