Carp Anglers Group Forums
Buckeye Bob

Have you been following the ATC 2015 ?

It's been quite tournament, bad weather conditions and all. I'm not sure the final results are posted yet, but you can see them on the "Live Leaderboard" Lots of nice fish out the last couple days. http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php?/page/2015_austin_team_championship.html

Been very exciting following the event these past 2 days! Crap weather, lots of fish, lots if PB's and a lake record blue catfish...tight finish....awesome job all!!

Looks like the SoCal Carpers Won! Big congrats to Cristian and Cesar! It was really just a matter of time before this trophy was theirs. These guys were born to CPR carp! WTG.

Iv'e been following along with interest. Looks like it's been a fabulous tournament with lots of big carp caught. Very jealous of the guys fishing it. Wish Austin wasn't so far away. Great job guys!!!

I was in McAllen the week before. Next year I need to make the trip to McAllen coincide with the ATC in Austin.

As usual a big thanks to all the boys and girls of the Austin carp anglers for there relentless hard work and helping to make this tournament possible!

Fantastic tourney,,,,hats off to the ACA guys...having done this in the past I know the amount of work needed to make it happen, and happen BIG time it did,,,,to the best of my recollection no single digit fish were caught, many over the 30 mark, whopping Buffflao and a mega Blue Cat,,,44 pounds and a Lake record which we are going to make happen with the STATE as well as a Junior angling record,,,when these Michigan guys come to TEXAS all hell seems to break loose ! :) As always the Lake has a mind of it's own, and it's not easy to give them what they want, when they want it.... but these 19 teams sure as hell gave it a great showing, considering the weather ( and the weather was BRUTAL)

.......next year we do it again ! :)

Congrats to the winners and to all participants who braved the conditions! :yourock:

I have been penciling out some estimated costs for potentially making the trip to fish the ATC next year. I am guessing at least $2,000 for two of us to fly from Michigan to complete in the event including air fare, shipping equipment, food, lodging, etc. and roughly $1,000 to rent a vehicle and drive (I have free places to stay along the way).

Any ideas for making the trip on a bare bones budget?

Andy, Maybe when I was a little younger, but I'm not sure I can drive 21 hours straight. I have relatives along the way so hotel in route is not an issue. The more we've discussed it tonight I don't think it will be as expensive as I first thought. We would have to rent a vehicle though because I wouldn't trust our Explorer down there and back (175k miles on it).

After watching it the last couple of years, now I want to experience it up close.

That catfish would take a lot of hushpuppies and slaw! Again, my hat's off to those who organize and run the tourney. Congrats to all who fished the tourney. Maybe one of these days I can get down there. Looked at the map and it's all downhill for here.

that fish is a HOG..as far as the ATC tradition,,,,the ACA guys have kept it alive and well, and even added to it...I'm very PROUD of the new CAG blood...anyone that misses this event is nutz!!! you will never have a better time !!! I'm registering NEXT year NOW...got that Chad. and August, and Keith, and Kevin ?? :) so hold a space for me :) I also want to thank Augusts' wife, WHAT AN ORGANIZER !!lists up the KAZOO :) but it made it run smooth as glass...the only fly in the ointment was the weather , but what the heck, I didn't go to get a sunburn !!

Could someone direct me to the a thread announcing the winners or pictures of the event?

The link to the final leaderboard is in the first post of this thread. Great coverage on Facebook by CAG, ACA, ATC2015 and individual anglers. Seems to be the place to get best coverage nowadays. Here's a picture of winners. Top 3 teams were "brother teams", kind of cool.

post-4-0-93002500-1425348825_thumb.jpg