Carp Anglers Group Forums
Blacksheep

3rd Annual "5 Bridges" Carp Fishing Tournament 2015

Details will be in your leaflet that you will receive in the morning but, D'Arcy GMC- Buick dealer in Joliet very graciously donated

a $500.00 check for prizes, lunch ect. YES $500.00!!!!

I would recommend all of you looking them up on facebook and thank them either Sunday or Monday. "D'Arcy GMC"

Dam..D'Arcy . That's unheard of. Great to see a local business helping out in such a big way. I will definitely keep them in mind in the future.

Huge thanks to Larry Seeman for running an always enjoyabe and well organized (with lunch) "5 Bridges" Tournament. We also couldn't ask for a better day weatherwise. Some moss/weedgrowth issues, especially when the current picked up made it a challenging day, but most of us caught fish. Well done!

Thanks Larry for Organizing this event , It was good to meet you all . you did great organizing - assembling anglers ,lunch and sponsors with $$$ for the event . I will be back someday for my first fish in chicago.

another note on fishing experience - almost everyone caught fish except me and may be few others... I left a little early as i lost hope towards end of the event . the peg 25 i was fishing started out good .. I had 1 take in first two hours i guess around 9.30 or so i was little away from rod and by time i took the rod it was gone . then on rest of the day was weed/moss snags I was stuggling to get a bite . we met a lunch some advice from few folks to fish little bit near to bridge . but didnt worked i was reeling in moss/sticks etc...

Switched to popup's with short length - long length .. same again all i was reeling in was green :( .. I fished method & single Boile/popup but cant beat the moss - I think it needed more of skill which i was short off .. this is the reason i don't fish lakes hear (weed's) ..I didnt had the rig solution to use in such conditions...

On other side of river - Larry was almost hauling fish .. :) Congrats to winner - I left early i guess larry/frank would had won ...

Can someone post the final standing pls...?

Larry...I just looked through the prize bucket for first fish...finally looking at the bottom of the bucket. There were five susan b anthony dollar coins in the bucket. WOW...thank you!!!

Thank you, Larry, for running another great 5 bridges event, and being so generous with prizes, lunch and your grand hospitality. Thank you, my brother Frank, for letting me win the first fish bucket prize. Larry actually caught the first fish...Frank caught the second fish...and I caught the third fish of the day. Larry didn't take the first fish prize...Frank said he wouldn't take the first fish prize if he placed in the top three. He finished first.

Jim Rink

Had a great time I fished next to Larry. I landed 1 carp and lost 1 at the net. Weather and current was fantastic. Thanks D'Arcy GMC for your generous donation to this event. Fish-Ob Bill