Carp Anglers Group Forums

InFisherman Master angler Award

A great way to promote carp fishing. InFisherman was very key in getting CAG kickstarted, Doug Stange. They've even published articles written by CAG members. Another place to post your prize catch...and get great national circulation. Notice on their site...SELECTIVE Harvest. catch and release anglers can submit twice. Catch n keep only once.

http://www.in-fisherman.com/master-angler/

Edited by Buckeye Bob

Doug Stange from In Fisherman weighed heavily in my carp fishing start with the Cabela Predator rods for carp. Superb rods especially bang for the buck. I still pick up In Fisherman Catfish Annuals.

When back in august after just arriving in Minnesota a month earlier while checking out a lake I saw a giant half decomposed carp (30lbs at least) in the tall grass by the boat landing. My mind immediately remembered an episode of in fisherman I saw on TV as a younger man back in Maine. In it Stange was catching giant carp in Minnesota. I immediately got home jumped on the internet and learned some rudimentary ways to catch them. Then asked some locals where there were lakes with carp. Was carp fishing the next day.

Honestly I was so stoked to move to Minnesota (lived in new England for 45 years) because of watching and reading In Fisherman. I tell people it was because of the economy and the job market here but honestly it was because of the fishing ;)

I remember in the mid 90's, I taped a infisherman episode where bob roberts and pete clapperton were carp fishing and I believe doug stange was the host. I remember bob roberts showing a bucket of maize and him flavoring it with tutti frutti flavor. I think lol. This was a long time ago. I did happen to find this picture. its very small though.

in-fisherman_zpshfluilqj.jpg

it was a great show indeed. BTW, Doug taped a show, or was in the process of taping a show, with the late Richard Sommervlle, around the time he was diagnosed with cancer. Wonder if it ever aired? Carp n Buffalo in Texas.

it was a great show indeed. BTW, Doug taped a show, or was in the process of taping a show, with the late Richard Sommervlle, around the time he was diagnosed with cancer. Wonder if it ever aired? Carp n Buffalo in Texas.

Yep it aired, I caught a re-run of it a few months back. At the end of the segment there was a note about Richard's passing. It looks like the segment was at the end of episode 6 of the 2014 season last year, but they don't show the entire show on the In-fisherman website, just one segment of the episode and they don't have the buffalo segment there. But ya can see a short clip from the segment (as well as a carp clip) here in this segment from a later episode around the 4 min. mark:

http://bcove.me/ns2x10op