Carp Anglers Group Forums
redcoat

MA CAG Fish-In 11th April - any interest?

Fellow New England Carpers

I checked out the tidal Merrimack today and the water is still pretty frigid. However, the ice is now clearing on some of the ponds so it might be worthwhile trying next weekend (Saturday 11th April).

Post in this Topic or E-mail me at cagmasschair@gmail.com if you would be interested in participating and I will set something up.

Regards,

Iain

Won't know for sure for a few days, but my brother and I (and maybe my dad) probably can go next weekend. Haven't participated in a fish in yet, so I'd love to meet some new anglers and maybe catch some carp!

Franky

I am very interested to participate to a fish-in on March 11th, 2014. I am just not quite sure about the meeting time? :glare:

And in the title you said "March 11" by the way, not April.

Sorry Franky.......glad to see someone is more awake than me.

Iain

No problem Iain :)

Thinking of any particular venue? I suppose a lot still have thin ice covering them.

I'm in the Dominican till the 11th. Push it a day and I'm in!! Push it a week and I'll help pre-bait.

Ok, now that the time warp has been addressed, I would suggest we wait until the end of April, to get a better chance of land a fish...

Ok, now that the time warp has been addressed, I would suggest we wait until the end of April, to get a better chance of land a fish...

Hi Jerome

I agree that it might be a little premature.........but after the winter we just "enjoyed" I am personally pretty keen to get out and at least give it a try. If we blank we can just try again a couple of weeks later. :P

Iain

Iain,

I plan on going this weekend any way, so I am very interested to join you. Let us all know where.

Donnyboy

Can those of you who are planning to attend on Saturday but have not already confirmed please do so by Friday evening (either by PM or in this Thread) so I know how much coffee and donuts to purchase?

Thanks.

Iain

p.s. The first lot of bait went in last night. More tomorrow.

Won't be back in time. Is the venue secret I'd like to try it out Sunday?

Fresh snows and ice...I'm going to skip this Iain. Best of luck if you venture out!

No problem. Maybe see you next time?

Iain

OK.

I am heading out to throw more bait at dusk. Drive safe everybody and I'll see you in the morning. :)

Iain

Lefty,

I Will be heading back there Sunday morning for a few hours. Maybe we can meet. PM me if you don't know the location.

Donnyboy

I'll be there Sunday am. I've got the location.

Fun as always only 1 fish landed but cant beat bank time with great people. A few others went back today and laned 4 more.

Thanks to the intrepid crew who turned out on a sunny but chilly Saturday morning. In attendance were masscarpin101 (Franky), his dad and younger brother; Daphne and Bob from RI (and Bob even brought his wife); Corey; Donald and myself. It was tough going with a few fish bumping the lines but only one fully-fledged run which went to Donald and yielded a nice common just 12 ounces shy of 20 pounds.

Here are a few pics:

post-439-0-29054900-1428888676.jpg

Representing RI - Daphne & Bob!

post-439-0-65108900-1428888872.jpg

Franky trying to figure out where the carp are hiding......

post-439-0-69342400-1428888962.jpg

.......while his younger brother tries to tempt a bass.

post-439-0-31478300-1428889149.jpg

Finally a fish is hooked!

post-439-0-60079700-1428889319.jpg

....and it puts up quite a fight.

post-439-0-66869200-1428889419.jpg

Daphne does the business with the net.

post-439-0-60396800-1428889560.jpg

Big enough for two unhooking mats?

post-439-0-42313800-1428889654.jpg

Donald with his two prizes.......bottle of whisky generously donated by Bob.

post-439-0-90428600-1428889901.jpg

Corey and Bob pretending they aren't really trying to sneak a peek at the successful strategy as Don rebaits? :lol:

Thanks to all who turned out on a tough day. And to Lefty who couldn't make it on Saturday but certainly made up for it the following day.

I will let everyone know as soon as I have a free weekend for another gathering.........maybe I'll even persuade our esteemed CAG Treasurer to come out of retirement!!

Iain

Great turnout for sure. Gotta thank everyone for the bait they tossed . I'm sure that was responsible for my success Sunday. Thanks for getting the season off To a solid start Iain