Carp Anglers Group Forums
Jason DeFreitas

First Mirror Carp (Occoquan Rez)

Fished at Bull Run Marina this morning before work and got into two carp. A small 6lber and then this 11lber which ended up being my very first Mirror. Only been chasing carp for a few years, and only been trying for Mirrors since last summer. Was told Bull Run and/or the Occoquan Reservoir had em'. Sure enough. Great fight. Literally ran out of time, picked my rod up to close up shop for the morning and it took off. Haha. Never quit!

post-8993-0-59683300-1430155889_thumb.jp

I still remember my first Mirror, you'd thought I had hit the Lottery!

Nice looking Mirror way to go! :)

Yeah, I knew once I had it about 10 yards out and saw the lower body flash in the water. I was just saying to myself, "easy... easy... easy... don't come off... don't break off...". Hahaha. I was nervous. But, it stayed on the whole way.

I was happy. Was hoping my first would be a bit bigger, but hey I could have just not caught anything today. So, I'll take it. Hoping to get out one more day this week to my favorite spot that has better size than this place typically. If not, at least get out one night this week after work for a few hours. We will see.

Edited by Jason DeFreitas