Carp Anglers Group Forums

13lb 5ozs, at Riverside Park, near Mt. Vernon, VA. One of my good buddies/favorite fishing partners has used this spot to catch 50 - 80lb blue cats and 20+lb carp for years. This is my biggest in the spot thus far (2 seasons).

10 minutes before I left I had a run that pointed my pole out to the river and within 15 - 20 seconds had me down to 40 - 50 yards on my spool. I was being lazy at the time on the picnic bench and by the time I got to it I barely had time to get situated. I tightened the drag, got the hook set (thought) and then had him on for 15 seconds or so. Tried turning him once and the hook just popped out, came unbuttoned. Felt like the biggest fish I've ever had on... definitely a bummer. Hopefully make up for it tonight though.

Know this one isn't huge by any means, but it's my first this size fought, landed, netted and snapping a pic with all on my own. Was difficult, but I kept composure and made it happen.

post-8993-0-30542300-1431696498_thumb.jp

This is my favorite carp spot to date, so I will certainly be heading back. It's about a 30 minute drive from my house usually without traffic. Probably be back sometime next week or weekend, hopefully.

Good Job on the PB! Nice to have a spot like that close to home. I kinda think you will be spending more time there!

Nice story. Now you're truly motivated!

Congrats Jason! Welcome to the addiction... ENJOY!