Carp Anglers Group Forums
ctdaniels37

We now own a piece of Carp fishing heaven!

So its been a month since we made the offer and it was accepted. I didn't want to say anything until we actually closed I was afraid it would jinx us.

My gal and I are now proud owners of a lakeside house! A lake with carp in it as well as the other usual suspects for Central Minnesota.

Yes gents I can walk out the back door and go fishing!

The whole reason we moved to MN was to help and care for my fiance's aging parents. So this will be a getaway home until either my future in laws pass on or move to more advanced care. There are some fixer upper issues to deal with, some beatification issues inside and out as well. But nothing that prevents usage of the house. Just wish list things which we can take our time addressing as we can.

Biggest issue right off is to rehab then get in the water the ginormous dock. Thing has to be 40' long.

Its on Lake Marion which is 1\2 way between Litchfield where we live and New Ulm where I work. We our on the point with the best fishing hole right in front of our place.

After we attend to some things I will be for sure hosting a fish in. Folks will be welcome to stay the whole weekend and I hope it will be just one of many such gatherings.

Pics in next post.

Love it! Any idea about the potential of this lake? Carp-wise, I mean...

If you look at the DNR lake survey looks like some good size ones. Neighbor said they caught a mid twenties a while back.

The rod and gun club on the lake installed and runs an aeration system to prevent winter fish kill.

I won't have a chance to fish until next week.

Are you aware that I am up for adoption? I am already potty trained. :D Plus..........I have my own carping gear.

Congrats, don't wear yourself out walking to the shoreline, lol

Met a bunch of the neighbors today really nice people. Was assured there's plenty of Carp even with them culling 8000 lbs out of the lake a couple years ago.

Seems the side effect on these lakes when they take carp out like that the remaining carp get bigger.

That's a nice find. The best part is that your motive is caring for the elders; good man!

That is a beautiful place! I would love to wake up to that lake every single day.

If I had a home on a lake that had carp in it, I would be out there literally almost every single day. cut down some trees, make a sick swim, and put up my bivvy.

I don't need to cut down any trees. The waterline is tree free. Don't need to create a swim. We are at the end of a point and the hotspot of the lake is the end of the point ;)

I have a tree that fell in the water I gotta remove and I have a 4' x 48' dock I need to do some repairs on then figure out how to get it in the water.

Work and horrible weather has prevented any fishing time. But I am off sat, sun, Mon, Tues this weekend.

Gotta rip all the carpet out of the cabin, replace the toilet and the kitchen and bathroom faucets. AND pull out the old fridge and bring in the new one we bought. Oh and mow the lawn lol.

But I will be fishing a couple of those days off. I'll have more pics and hopefully some ones with fish come the weekend.

there are tons of carp in lakes and rivers in mn - check the link below .... looking at this in been there last month - caught 1 catfish in 6hr session . I still belive they are there Im gonna go there again sometime for longer session ...

http://www.cannonfalls.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=18164

They killed them. I assume they threw them in a farmers field.

On the other side of the lake my neighbors say there is a reknowned carp hater. It was he who instigated and carried the trapping of the 8000 pounds of carp.