Carp Anglers Group Forums
Streamtripper

Pay Dirt

Last Friday we decided to roll the dice and attempt a day long session at our favourite spring location. The weather networks had various ideas what the day would be like so we decided to man-up and face the elements.

We arrived at our spot at 7:30 after an hours drive and immediately setup camp, especially the day tent as it was cloudy and looked like rain.

Water temp seemed cold but we saw some surfacing so we knew they were there, but would they bite?

We used strawberry flavoured maize and some home-made boilies to prime the swim. Honey cucc was used as hook bait on the hair.

It didn't take long at all before the action started. Julian was leaving me behind as he banked 3 fish before my first good run. The action never let up, we had 10 fish in before 10 am and it kept on going. Our previous record was 28 fish for this spot so we set our sights on breaking 28 before calling it a day.

We ended up breaking the record at 29 fish just before 6 pm......too tired to get to 30 ...but I guess its good to leave something to shoot for next time. I lost the competition 17-12....

The fish ranged from 10 lbs to 26 lbs, only two over 20 were caught but were all feisty and fighting well.

Here are some pics, we did have a double header and a near mishap with a new rod and reel (carp know when the bait runner is off or too tight).

It's time to get out there ...they are hungry...

post-6661-0-92322200-1432246059.jpg

post-6661-0-29260500-1432246093.jpg

post-6661-0-95630000-1432246117.jpg

post-6661-0-74425200-1432246142.jpg

Edited by Streamtripper

A 29 fish day, some real nice captures, Fins-UP ! :yes:

That is just terrible! :o Only 29 fish in one session. But, you can go back and try to make 30. :cycle:

What a day! That should keep you smiling for a while.

Thanks for sharing your day Streamtripper.

I always thought a natural wildlife area was sanctuary to the wildlife in that area. make sure you are fishing legally