Carp Anglers Group Forums

Happiness is:

1. Spending time with the grandsons before school takes up a lot of their time plus their school sports.

2. Watching them react to the twitching rod tip and a buzzing alarm.

3. Watching them listen how to play the fish and get it to the net.

4. Hearing them say that they want to fish again this Friday after school.

What more could a grandfather want? I had to help Brody as a 12 ft. Euro rod is a bit for him to handle. Brody got the second fish, a common, but lost it. The score for the day was: Me- common; Cooper- Buffalo; Brody- Buffalo.

I spodded with raspberry cracked corn and discovered that I left the rubber rice packbait at home. Just before we left, I remembered that I had put a bucket of mixed grits and creamed corn in the van but it was up front and not with the rest of the carping gear. Brody commented that we didn't need it! Hookbait was canned sweetcorn soaked in raspberry flavoring. When I spodded, I kept it in a small space and I think that it kept the carp close to the hookbaits. I also baited one rod at first with a CC Moore Live Action boilie; when I reeled in the line it was gone. Turtle? First picture is Cooper's buff and the other is Brody's buff. You can say that is their first buff and their PB buff.

Edit: We were going to wait a while so Brody could get a fish before we left. I was planning on leaving about 11:30. At 11:20, Brody got the run! Sounds like needmotime2fish as he always waits until the last minute. :Old:

post-769-0-89132100-1438806974_thumb.jpg

post-769-0-58184900-1438807082_thumb.jpg

Fishing, Family, Fun - says it all for me !

Fins-UP!

John

Gotta' love the smiles on the boys' faces.

As for "waiting until the last minute", I say, "better late than not at all". LOL

Yep, right now I am boiling water for some more raspberry cracked corn. Got the rice ready- remembered it! Will get everything else squared away tomorrow. Thanks for looking, guys.