Carp Anglers Group Forums

I was co-marshall with Bob in an area I never fished before. Today, we fished from 7am to 8pm (just a short break at noon) with a group of 9 juniors. We got a lot of runs, we lost a lot of fish (really tough weeds plus a few bad rigs), and ended the day with 16 fish landed up to 19 pounds. And probably lost as many... Not too bad for August fishing!

Ok, I can't remember how to include a slideshow... Click on the link!

https://picasaweb.google.com/110734305772226771642/JuniorWaddington2015?authkey=Gv1sRgCPTA1sLZoKKK5wE&feat=directlink&noredirect=1

What a great day looks like everyone had a blast its always fun seeing the young ones land carp.

Looks brilliant Jerome, think Bob needs some lessons from the kids on how to hold 'the trophy pose' though - he's mostly carp cuddling!

Nice going. There's some future carp fishermen! Thanks for the photos and for volunteering.

Great pictures Jerome! I hope to make it up that way next year for the tournament next year.

Well done to everyone that took part and helped out make this a great event for the juniors !

:swimminfish:

Great pictures Jérome. Thanks for sharing.

I added pictures of day 2 in the same photo-album. Today, we avoided the deadly weed bed, got less takes, but most fish were landed. Biggest fish of the tournament (caught elsewhere) were in the 26lb range.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110734305772226771642/JuniorWaddington2015?authkey=Gv1sRgCPTA1sLZoKKK5wE&feat=directlink&noredirect=1

Amazing work from Jo-Ann and Bob running this great tournament, and many thanks to the sponsors who provided generous donations.

As a reminder, all junior participants this year will get the opportunity to become CAG members for one year, for free.

Congratulations on a great event, well done to all

Did anyone take pictures from the rest of the locations that were on the river????

Did anyone take pictures from the rest of the locations that were on the river????

Well, Ed, I was expecting to get a lot of pictures from YOU! :glare:

All right, here are more pictures I gathered from a couple of folks:

https://picasaweb.google.com/110734305772226771642/JuniorWaddington2015Misc?authkey=Gv1sRgCN2kpKGv3relqQE&feat=directlink&noredirect=1

I guess Jerome besides the netting, baiting, bait making, question answering, casting, cooking, organizing, explaining rigging etc. I should have taken photos. I'll add that to my duties next year..............................................

The gathering of photos was all I was inquiring. They were great.....................

I was just teasing you, Ed... Been as busy as you were, I know the feeling...

Great pictures and great fish! Thanks for the report and pictures. Must be nice to have all that bank space.

Just a note Barry Howard the new CAG store manager had a nice table set up for CAG merchandise. He is my buddy and I did help, but he has put a lot of time and effort in building up the CAG inventory. Getting the CAG name out there and showing our colors is great to promote CAG and it's values. It was a lot of time and effort on Barry's' part. In Sept. he's heading out to the CCC to fish and offer more great CAG goods How about a job well done for Barry !!!!!!!!!

Thank you Barry from all CAG members.

Just a note Barry Howard the new CAG store manager had a nice table set up for CAG merchandise. He is my buddy and I did help, but he has put a lot of time and effort in building up the CAG inventory. Getting the CAG name out there and showing our colors is great to promote CAG and it's values. It was a lot of time and effort on Barry's' part. In Sept. he's heading out to the CCC to fish and offer more great CAG goods How about a job well done for Barry !!!!!!!!!

Plus he made good money for CAG selling those goods... Well done.

Jerome if you ever need an extra hand I'd be more than happy to help.

Jerome if you ever need an extra hand I'd be more than happy to help.

Ok, you don't have to say that twice, you're hired for next year's junior tournament! Most likely scheduled at a similar date. Do take pictures... :glare:

(seriously, this is a blast, very well worth the hours of driving, so mark your calendar, and plan to stay a couple of days AFTER the tournament to fish on your own - no shortage of local guys willing to help visitors)

PS. you're also hired for our local junior event (end of June, Spy Pond) if you're willing.

Edited by Jerome

Would love to I grew up next to a trout pond 14yrs and younger I would go a lot of times with no intent on fishing just helping other kids catch a bunch.