Carp Anglers Group Forums
MeshuggahCarp

Holloway Reservoir

Does anyone know of any good bank fishing spots at Holloway Reservoir besides the docks on the edge of town? There has to be somewhere else... Going up there next weekend and just wanted something out of the norm. I appreciate any help! By the way, where the hell are all of the Michigan anglers? This part of the forum has been dead...

I just rejoined this morning. It's been years since I've been on here. Unfortunately I'm new to michigan so I can't really help with locations.

Well, welcome (again)! I appreciate the response at least. I don't know if I'm cursed on this forum or what but I haven't been getting much help when it comes to the Michigan part lol. You just move here?

I've been in Michigan for about 4 years now. But I just bought a house in Lansing so I'm officially a michigander now. I hadn't gone carp fishing in about 6 years but I took a trip up to the St. Lawrence this weekend and reminded me why I used to love it.

Never fished there,but have fished a few places on Mott lake and multiple places on the Flint river below Mott lake. Excellent fishing, largest known caught amongst the carp anglers was a 38+ lber by DrewDaddy.

Most of the Michigan guys are now on Facebook instead of the forum.

Our group is most active February through June, then it get real quite.....

I'm Andy Sprinkle BTW, always here to help answer any questions.

Tight lines,

Andy

I just read an article about the reservoir and how 800 tons of fish were removed in 71'. There has to be some big ones in there by now.

Edited by Dave Ash

Yes, the chemical "reclamation" did nothing in the long haul, which is great. If anything, ultimately, it allowed for greater numbers of larger Carp. The DNR really needs to understand that the turbidity of that body of water (as well as many others) is primarily caused by human activity (boating, jet skis, agricultural runoff, etc.). If you've ever watched a Carp feed on a silt bottom before in clear water, you'll see that it doesn't take long for the silt to settle back down.

I recently visited this great venue a couple of weeks ago. Between my father and I we caught about 35 in 10 hrs.; the largest being 25 lbs. However, there are definitely ALOT bigger ones in there. If anybody goes out there, try soaking your hookbaits in Feedstim XP. They were hitting so hard that the bobbin would fly off the line! Gotta love fall Carping! We simply went right off the dock and were having success in the shallows by day and more into the channel around dusk.