Carp Anglers Group Forums
ColleenZ

Fishing and drinking

Hey all,

I'm heading to Illinois this weekend and I'm taking some newbies out. They are the "what do you mean you fish for carp?" Type. I'm looking for a place that we can drink and have a good time even if we blank while fishing. Anywhere in Northern Illinois would work. Any recommendations? The places I'm finding have alcohol bans.

I am a paid member... it's just on hold for "manual approval" I'm sure there are places you can drink I just don't know the open container laws everywhere and forest preserves have alcohol bans, state parks have partial bans (allowed at the campground but not the beach).

Basically all city, county, forest preserve, and state parks does not allow alcohol. About the only places would be some back road along a river in no mans land. State park campgrounds does not allow alcohol anywhere. Some areas checks your cooler on the way in to places and they have no problem taking you to jail. Fish-On Bill

Drinking in a boat can be expensive here in TN. Tennessee has BUI (boating under the influence) laws and they are strictly enforced. One guy, several years ago, got vershnicken and ran his ski boat through the front of a house boat.

Why anyone would want to drink while they fish is beyond me... don't ya think Derek :party0012icon:

...W

There are places along the fox river you can fish that aren't really parks. I see people having beers there at times. Seems nobody bothers them about it.

I like having a picnic while I'm Carp fishing that sometimes involves nice French red & white wine with nice cheese, cold cuts of meat etc. Thats how I tempt the wife to come and join me on a sunny day. If the game warden comes up offer him a glass as well !

Why anyone would want to drink while they fish is beyond me... don't ya think Derek :party0012icon:

...W

You will never truly know how to fish until you learn to drink like a fish.