Carp Anglers Group Forums

2015 CCC Fundraiser Donation Challenge.

FJR1

someone should start a bragging thread ... so we can all shout/whine etc ..etc..

Do you really think we need yet another thread for more shouting and whining, Jaffar? :lol: Just kidding.

As far as bragging is concerned, 2012 CCC champion Larry Seeman will be at the event, 2013 CCC champion Phillip Davenport will be at the event, multiple Champion Rick Slinker will be at the event, 2014 CCC organizer and CAG President Bob Giordano will be at the event, long-time Chicago CCC organizer Dr. Paul Pezalla will be at the event, globe-trotting carper and long-time CCC participant David Moore will be at the event, and CAG Treasurer and long-time CCC participant Jerome Moisand will be at the event. My guess is that your 2015 CCC Champion will come out of that group of "Magnificent 7" anglers.

To make all this a bit more interesting, I'm willing to bet $100 that the CCC Champion (largest 4 carp by weight) will come out of the "Magnificent 7" group I just listed. If there are any takers, put up your $100. If I win the bet with my "Magnificent 7" (if 2015 CCC winner is Seeman, Davenport, Slinker, Giordano, Pezalla, Moore, or Moisand), you will donate a total of $100 to CAG (a tax-deductible donation). If the CCC champion will be from other than the "Magnificent 7" group (anyone from the entire group of 23+ remaining entrants), I will donate a total of $100 to CAG.

No matter what the outcome, CAG wins! I have 7 "horses." You have 23+ "horses." That's over 3 to 1 odds in your favor. Any takers? In fact, you can put your $100 on my "Magnificent 7" if you wish and we'd possibly have several bettors on each side of the contest. CAG will benefit no matter what the outcome.

Even if none of you have the "guts" to "put up or shut up" in this "wager/fundraiser," I will donate $100 to CAG if the winner is not one of my "Magnificent 7" (Seeman, Davenport, Slinker, Giordano, Pezalla, Moore, or Moisand).

You've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk? --Frank

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a great way to raise money for CAG. I will take the "Magnificent 7" for $100.00 donation for CAG.

Anything that tries to bring donations in for CAG, " I'm In"

Thanks, Larry. I have a double stake in this since Mr. Seeman has agreed to be my team-mate in Bill's CCC 2015 "Two-man Challenge."

Oh man, "wager/fundraiser", I'm dying over here.

I need a partner for the two man if anyone is interested, btw.

A similar fundraiser took place at the most recent Chicago CCC. It generated a nice set of donations for CAG. Even if no one else gets into this one, CAG is ahead at least $100 (keep this a secret, but I'll donate the amount whether or not one of the "Magnificent 7" wins. In fact, the donation will be sent today).

I am not entirely sure if your bet is based on seven pillars of wisdom, Frank, but this sure is very generous of you, and quite fun.

I agree.

Hence I shall donate $100 to CAG if anybody except Jerome wins the CCC! :jumpy:

Iain

That is a great way to raise money for CAG. I will take the "Magnificent 7" for $100.00 donation for CAG.

Anything that tries to bring donations in for CAG, " I'm In"

Thank you, Larry! :yourock:

I am not entirely sure if your bet is based on seven pillars of wisdom, Frank, but this sure is very generous of you, and quite fun.

I am confident that one from among the "Magnificent 7" will ride again! Thank you, Jerome! :yourock:

I agree.

Hence I shall donate $100 to CAG if anybody except Jerome wins the CCC! :jumpy:

Iain

Thank you, Iain! :yourock: . . . but I'm not sure Jerome agrees that you do. :lol:

We are at a potential payday of $300 for CAG! Thanks! Are there any more takers? You've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk? --Frank

Hence I shall donate $100 to CAG if anybody except Jerome wins the CCC!

Ok, so those are the EXACT terms of your commitment, right. This has nothing to do with the "Magnificent 7" wager, you do commit to give $100 to CAG if I do not win... Man, you're creating an interesting conflict of interest between Jerome the angler and Jerome the treasurer here... I think the treasurer will prevail... And I will let Dr Pezalla win, heck he deserves it after all the work he put in the CCC in the past.

I actually like Iain's format better. Since this is simply a CAG fundraiser in which no individual actually wins any cash, let's change this up a bit to say that your "bets" can be for any denomination and for (or against) any angler (including yourself) or group of anglers. It doesn't have to be $100. Wagers/donations can be for $1, $5, $20, $50, $100, or whatever you decide.

My money is on the "Magnificent 7" (Seeman, Davenport, Slinker, Giordano, Pezalla, Moore, or Moisand). Where is yours?

Your pledge/wager/donation is tax deductible and, I am sure, will be most appreciated by the Carp Anglers Group. --Frank

I don't know what all this fuss is about.

Since:

1. I have never fished a carp tournament before

2. I have never fished a designated peg

3. I am awesome

The probability of me winning this tournament is a 80%. If Jaffar fishes the tourny with me as a 2 man team, that goes up to 85%

How do I know all this? I bought a crystal ball (made in China) from Ebay. These things don't lie!!! :-)

about the bet - I gotta check with aniq .. we plan to fish team...

with Due respect to "Magnificent 7" .. I think this year you may see atleast 1 new unfamiliar face making top 3

I don't know what all this fuss is about.

Since:

1. I have never fished a carp tournament before

2. I have never fished a designated peg

3. I am awesome

The probability of me winning this tournament is a 80%. If Jaffar fishes the tourny with me as a 2 man team, that goes up to 85%

How do I know all this? I bought a crystal ball (made in China) from Ebay. These things don't lie!!! :-)

Aniq--I like your thinking and your chances. I'll donate an additional $20 if Aniq or Jaffar wins. Wagers look better if they are for anglers rather than against. :)

CCC Wager/donation recap so far. CAG wins!:

Frank R. - $100 to be paid/donated to CAG if one from the “Magnificent 7” (Seeman, Davenport, Slinker, Giordano, Pezalla, Moore, or Moisand) does not win (This is actually a bet in favor of the Mag 7).

Larry S. - $100 to be paid/donated ito CAG f one from the “Magnificent 7” (Seeman, Davenport, Slinker, Giordano, Pezalla, Moore, or Moisand) does not win (This is actually a bet in favor of the Mag 7).

Iain M. - $100 to be paid/donated to CAG if anyone except Jerome M. wins.

Frank R. - $20 to be paid/donated to CAG in honor of Jaffar or Aniq if either wins.

A great initiative, Frank.

If I were handicapping based on recent trends & observation, smart money might be on you..........

However, my history of betting on birds, football, grasshoppers, baseball, spiders, or any other stupid things one can bet on after a couple of beers probably disqualifies me from handicapping anything.

I think I will just avoid this whole mess and simply go ahead and donate.

A great initiative, Frank.

If I were handicapping based on recent trends & observation, smart money might be on you..........

However, my history of betting on birds, football, grasshoppers, baseball, spiders, or any other stupid things one can bet on after a couple of beers probably disqualifies me from handicapping anything.

I think I will just avoid this whole mess and simply go ahead and donate.

Very generous of you, Chris! Thank you! :yourock:

Uh, oh! I just remembered it was Phil Davies, not Phillip Davenport, who won the 2013 CCC. No matter. In doing a little research, I learned that Phil D. is an exceptional angler who has pulled in huge carp. My money is still on Phil Davenport and the rest of the "Magnificent 7"!

magseven Ccc