• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Willem (JD), September 19, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Willem (JD), September 19, 2015 - No reason given

I WILL BE THERE AND IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM MEET ME BEHIND HOTEL......,

I HAVE NO. PROBLEM MEETING YOU BEHINND THE MOTEL...HOPE YOU PREPARE TO BLEED

#### you pussy boy.....

Larry you are the a-hole.....

I promised I'd lay low for awhile, but this is ridiculous. You need to tone it back, Bill.

Willem--You might have another thread cleanup to do.

Posted · Hidden by Willem (JD), September 20, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Willem (JD), September 20, 2015 - No reason given

I promised I'd lay low for awhile, but this is ridiculous. You need to tone it back, Bill.

Willem--You might have another thread cleanup to do.

CAG only lost $300 in donations, no big deal.

To avoid any confusion My name Jaffar Syed .. For carp king just put Jaffar ..

Lol...

You do know Carp King is a different status the Carp Champion don't you?

And the Kings name is not placed on the trophy.

Just the North American Carp Champion's name is put on the trophy, I know this. LOL

Please, no drama over this! I’ve decided to continue the CCC/CAG donation fund raiser. It can be a fun, little tongue-in-cheek activity that financially benefits CAG. As a member of the Board of Directors of two different Educational Foundations and as president of a University of Illinois Alumni Association (all nonprofit organizations with tax-exempt status), I have been involved in these kinds of fundraisers for years, and never have we had tax-exempt problems with the IRS. In addition, CAG leadership has encouraged continuance of the activity and has assured me that it does not jeopardize CAG’s status as a non-profit organization.

This is not an affront on the work of the CCC organizers. Their work is greatly appreciated. This is simply a little fundraiser, that I have conducted before at a previous CCC, to financially aid the Carp Anglers Group.

At the very least, CAG gets $100 as I have already made my donation. There is potential for more donations for CAG's coffers.

So, my money is still on the Magnificent 7 (Seeman, Davenport, Pezalla, Giordano, Moisand, Slinker, and Moore), it’s on Aniq and Jaffar, and it’s on Cory Bohmann. I’ll lay down more pledges as we move into the final week before CCC. Your pledges can be made at any time. Good luck. —Frank

CCC 2015 donation recap so far. CAG wins!:

CAG receives all proceeds from this fundraiser. Your donation will be tax-deductible as a charitable contribution to a non-proft organization (CAG). You're making a tax-deductible donation to a great non-proft organization! Thank you for your consideration!

You've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Frank Rink - $100 to be donated to CAG if one from the “Magnificent 7” (Seeman, Davenport, Slinker, Giordano, Pezalla, Moore, or Moisand) does not win (This is intended to be in support of the Mag 7).

Larry Seeman - $100 to be donated to CAG if one from the “Magnificent 7” (Seeman, Davenport, Slinker, Giordano, Pezalla, Moore, or Moisand) does not win (This is intended to be in support of the Mag 7).

Iain Murray - $100 to be donated to CAG if anyone except Jerome M. wins.

Frank Rink - $20 to be donated to CAG in honor of Jaffar or Aniq if either wins.

Chris Reitan - Undisclosed donation made to CAG with no strings attached. Nice, Chris!

Aniq Sajjad - Undisclosed donation made to CAG if Aniq or Jaffar win.

Larry Seeman - $100 to be donated to CAG if anyone from outside of Illinois wins.

Frank Rink - $50 to be donated to CAG in honor of Cory Bohmann if Cory wins.

Thanks, so much. Your support of CAG is appreciated! :yourock:

gallery_1929_211_377599.jpg

Willem van Schalkwyk has been a mainstay on the CAG BoD and continues to amaze with his technology skills and leadership. I don't think he will be able to attend CCC 2015, but in his honor, I pledge $50 to CAG. This will be submitted at the conclusion of CCC 2015. --Frank Rink

post-3784-0-13157700-1383624830.jpg

CAG receives all proceeds from this fundraiser. Your donation will be tax-deductible as a charitable contribution to a non-proft organization (CAG). You're making a tax-deductible donation to a great non-proft organization! Thank you for your consideration!

Frank Rink - $100 to be donated to CAG if one from the “Magnificent 7” (Seeman, Davenport, Slinker, Giordano, Pezalla, Moore, or Moisand) does not win (This is intended to be in support of the Mag 7).

Larry Seeman - $100 to be donated to CAG if one from the “Magnificent 7” (Seeman, Davenport, Slinker, Giordano, Pezalla, Moore, or Moisand) does not win (This is intended to be in support of the Mag 7).

Iain Murray - $100 to be donated to CAG if anyone except Jerome M. wins.

Frank Rink - $50 to be donated to CAG in honor of Jaffar or Aniq if either wins (this pledge has been increased).

Chris Reitan - Undisclosed donation made to CAG with no strings attached. Nice, Chris!

Larry Seeman - $100 to be donated to CAG if anyone from outside of Illinois wins.

Frank Rink - $50 to be donated to CAG in honor of Willem van Schalkwyk and his generous work as Webmaster and Director.

I'll donate 50 dollars if anyone wins and beats all the euro guys using puffs.

Thanks, so much, Joshua. :yourock: Interesting pledge! The kayaking, flyfishing master backs the paylakers!

Iain Murray - $100 to be donated to CAG if anyone except Jerome M. wins (for anyone concerned about this, please know that Iain and Jerome are good friends :) ).

Frank Rink - $50 to be donated to CAG in honor of Jaffar or Aniq if either wins (this pledge has been increased).

Frank Rink - $50 to be donated to CAG in honor of Willem van Schalkwyk and his generous work as Webmaster and Director.

Joshua Bennett - $50 to be donated to CAG if someone "on the puff" beats the euro-style carpers and wins CCC 2015.

I will be donating yet another $100 if the 2015 Carp King resides in any other state than Illinois. :P

Wow! Most impressive, Larry! :yourock: On behalf of CAG, I thank you!

It's hard to remember from year to year, but for those, like me, who forgot, the Carp King is the angler catching the biggest carp at the event. The CCC winner (North American Carp Champion), like Larry was in 2012, is for top total weight of your Big 4 at the event.

1. Frank Rink - $100 to be donated to CAG if one from the “Magnificent 7” (Seeman, Davenport, Slinker, Giordano, Pezalla, Moore, or Moisand) does not win (This is intended to be in support of the Mag 7 and this donation has already been made no matter what happens).

2. Larry Seeman - $100 to be donated to CAG if one from the “Magnificent 7” (Seeman, Davenport, Slinker, Giordano, Pezalla, Moore, or Moisand) does not win (This is intended to be in support of the Mag 7).

3. Iain Murray - $100 to be donated to CAG if anyone except Jerome M. wins (for anyone concerned about this, please know that Iain and Jerome are good friends :) ).

4. Frank Rink - $50 to be donated to CAG in honor of Jaffar or Aniq if either wins (this pledge has been increased).

5. Chris Reitan - Undisclosed donation made to CAG with no strings attached. Nice, Chris!

6. Aniq Sajjad - Undisclosed donation made to CAG if Aniq or Jaffar win.

7. Larry Seeman - $100 to be donated to CAG if anyone from outside of Illinois wins.

8. Frank Rink - $50 to be donated to CAG in honor of Cory Bohmann if Cory wins.

9 Frank Rink - $50 to be donated to CAG in honor of Willem van Schalkwyk and his generous work as Webmaster and Director.

10. Joshua Bennett - $50 to be donated to CAG if someone "on the puff" beats the euro-style carpers and wins CCC 2015.

11. Larry Seeman - $100 to be donated to CAG if anyone from outside of Illinois becomes 2015 Carp King (Big carp of the event).

That's 11 pledges with the potential to generate a few tax-deductible dollars for our organization. Thanks, so much. Your support of CAG is appreciated! :yourock:

Make sure all of that cash gets reported. THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE IS WATCHING............

Just t make it clear to anybody that didn't actually READ the thread. NONE of the cash is going to individuals. ALL money pledged goes directly to CAG as a donation.

It is 100% legal for CAG to receive donations.

So it's great that the IRS "is watching", that way they will see that we have great members donating to the club.

The question of 1099's came up as well. For those that didn't know, a 1099 is only needed if the value is $600+

If any angler receives more that $600 in a year from multiple events, it's that person's responsibility to report their "earnings" to the IRS.

Now let's place our focus on the event and the success thereof now that we all know that nobody is breaking any rules ;)

Just t make it clear to anybody that didn't actually READ the thread. NONE of the cash is going to individuals. ALL money pledged goes directly to CAG as a donation.

It is 100% legal for CAG to receive donations.

So it's great that the IRS "is watching", that way they will see that we have great members donating to the club.

The question of 1099's came up as well. For those that didn't know, a 1099 is only needed if the value is $600+

If any angler receives more that $600 in a year from multiple events, it's that person's responsibility to report their "earnings" to the IRS.

Now let's place our focus on the event and the success thereof now that we all know that nobody is breaking any rules ;)

+1

Yes, Willem is 100% correct. It's the side pots that we have to be careful about, those have to remain private matters. The rest is fully legit, no sweat. And hey, as treasurer, fundraisers are always welcome! :glare:

Overall, let's just focus on having a great event, this is what truly counts. The work of all volunteers is greatly appreciated. It is certainly a challenging and demanding task.

Yes, Willem is 100% correct. It's the side pots that we have to be careful about, those have to remain private matters. The rest is fully legit, no sweat. And hey, as treasurer, fundraisers are always welcome! :glare:

Overall, let's just focus on having a great event, this is what truly counts. The work of all volunteers is greatly appreciated. It is certainly a challenging and demanding task.

+1 . . . but Jerome presents quite the dilemma for me. Jerome Moisand is on my "Magnificent 7" for which I've pledged/donated $100 to CAG. On the other hand, Iain is pledging $100 if anybody BUT Jerome wins. Hmmmm? Maybe CAG would be the recipient of another "Benjamin" if you just fished with one rod, Jerome. Agreed?

On the other hand, Larry Seeman is pledging $200 if the North American Carp Champ and the Carp King come from out of state, so Jerome from Massachusetts could generate that by catching a huge fish to serve as a foundation for a huge Big 4. Maybe CAG would be the recipient of another two "Benjamins" if you just put on a "master class" on catching big, winning carp, Jerome. Agreed?

Thanks, CAG leadership, for reiterating the fact that this little fundraiser has no legal issues, whatsoever. :yourock:

magseven Ccc

Let me practice how to isolate a part of a quote, as this seems such a useful and constructive skill nowadays. :glare:

+1 . . . but Jerome presents quite the dilemma for me. Jerome Moisand is on my "Magnificent 7" for which I've pledged/donated $100 to CAG. On the other hand, Iain is pledging $100 if anybody BUT Jerome wins. Hmmmm? Maybe CAG would be the recipient of another "Benjamin" if you just fished with one rod, Jerome. Agreed?

You kidding me? No way I'll fish with a single rod... I'm driving all the way from MA, I'll come with all my gear! Told you, my plan is to let Dr Pezalla win and take 2nd place... But still, you guessed right, and I certainly DO plan to beat Iain at the Big-4, I actually have quite a fancy plan to achieve my goal... This will be for October, though.