Carp Anglers Group Forums

My FOX Warrior S rod BROKE!?!?! Anyone else?

Was just making a normal cast with a fox method feeder and not even a very big amount of mix stuck to it and the rod snapped right where the two pieces join together. I was shocked, then bummed, then mad! That's a $150 rod!

Anyone else have issues?

Rod was new this season too.

post-8946-0-16322600-1443745824_thumb.jp

Nope, I have had mine for two years now and no problems yet. I believe you might be able to get a new section for the area that broke. Check the Fox site.

The only time I have seen this happen to a rod spigot, is when an angler was casting from underneath a tree with a 2oz lead and caught his top section on a tree limb, the foward motion force and the arc of the rod under load caused the spigot to snap.

I myself have qty-3, 12ft 3lb/tc Fox warrior rods and have had them for more than 5 years and literally have put them through the test of carp fishing and have never let me down whatsoever, I can only say that there may of been an underlying issue, maybe a hairline Crack that was not visible within the material!

I have several Fox rods and have had zero issues. If it is a problem with the blank itself get in touch with the place you purchased it from and they can give you the options for a new section. I do know that they do separate butt and tip sections you can order as I am replacing a tip section myself (I broke it due to my stupidity, not the rods fault).

Yeah no I didn't overload it. I learned about method feeders from watching videos of people fishing with them. I've had a fish in and watched others fish with method feeders and packbaits so I know I was no where near overloaded.

Just heard from BCT and Fox is issuing a credit for my rod and BCT is ordering me a new one.

BCT and Fox will have me for a life long customer. BCT for amazing service after the sale and Fox for standing behind their product.