Carp Anglers Group Forums

POOR SERVICE FROM CARP KIT

This fiasco started over a year ago. I bought a set of 4 Fox alarms from Simon, and later bought an additional alarm from BCT. After several months of use, one of the alarms stopped working. I contacted Fox and they told me to contact the seller. I emailed Simon and he told me to send him the alarm for repair. He told me he sent it to a "friend" to fix and sent it back to me. It was still not working, so I emailed him again about the problem. Since I did not send in the warranty card for the alarm I thought there might be a problem, but Simon said he would take care of it. That was a year ago and I still have not received the replacement alarm. Along the way, Simon told me to take the alarm to an electrician to have it fixed, because it is only made in china. The man is full of excuses! I have been calling him and emailing him for over a year(I have all of his email responses) and now he is not responding to my inquiries. He even had the nerve to tell me to contact him in the future! During the year, I contacted Fox and they told me that I didn't have to send in the warranty card, just show date and proof of purchase to receive the warranty. But with all of Simon's B.S., the alarm went out of warranty I told Simon of this and it still didn't get me a new alarm. In the interim, the alarm I bought from BCT went bad. I contacted Dave and he told me to send the alarm in to Fox with the receipt from BCT. I did this, and got a new alarm within 2 weeks. I SUGGEST THAT IF YOU PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM CARP KIT AND SIMON, YOU BETTER HOPE THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE THE WARRANTY, BECAUSE CARP KIT CUSTOMER SERVICE STINKS! Simon should have known that the warranty card was not needed to obtain service, but since his "friend" tried to fix the alarm, it probably voided the warranty. By the way I told Simon that I was going to contact CAG about this and have yet to hear from him. BUYER BEWARE WHEN DEALING WITH CARP KIT. In retrospect, I don't expect to see a new alarm from Simon. I am going to contact Fox about Carp Kit's poor customer service of their products. ON THE OTHER HAND, BIG CARP TACKLE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GREAT!

To add insult to injury, Simon had the gonads to tell me that he has to pay for the alarm because I didn't turn in a warranty card. I have had no problems with BCT, Wackerbaits, and Resistance Tackle over the years. I would stay away from Carp Kit and all of Simon's B.S.

I'm surprised Fox didn't have you send it to them as soon as you told them you were having trouble with the retailer then replace it and deal with Carp Kit themselves, they've been really good to me in the past.

I think when Simon had his "friend" try to fix it negated the warranty. That is why I haven't gotten a new alarm from Carp Kit. Simon doesn't appear to worry about customer satisfaction which is worrisome because I paid over $1000.00 for the alarms.

I contacted Fox and they told me to contact the seller

I contacted Dave and he told me to send the alarm in to Fox with the receipt fox

shouldn't you be pi$$ed at fox? they gave you the runaround the first time. Unless you have your facts messed up. Clearly they would have been able to warranty the first alarm with nothing but a receipt.

I emailed Fox first and they told me to go thru the vendor where I bought the alarm. At that time there was no discussion about sending in a warranty card. You won't believe all of the "I will take care of this for you" emails from Simon, so I believed he would take care of the problem. You are right on the fact that I should have contacted Fox, after the runaround from Carp Kit, but I trusted he would make good on his word. My mistake.

shouldn't you be pi$$ed at fox? they gave you the runaround the first time. Unless you have your facts messed up. Clearly they would have been able to warranty the first alarm with nothing but a receipt.

It is common practice for the manufacturer to have the customer go through the vendor. If the vendor does not help you then you contact the manufacturer directly. Fox have an excellent customer service department and stand behind their products but as soon as someone else tried to 'fix' the alarm the warranty was void so I'm surprised this was the course of action taken.

Dave does a great job at BCT. The problem I am running into right now is getting Fox to reply to Dave about a swap on my pod. I had an issue with my Eclipse. Dave contacted them about it, and they said it was covered under warranty, and would honor it but the Eclipse was discountinued and they didn't have any stock, so wanted to know if there was another pod I wanted to swap it out for. This was back in August and Dave cannot get Fox to reply now. Really starting to piss me off. Likely the last Fox product I purchase because of this, even if they do man up and swap out the pod.

Just to let you know, Simon has always been awesome with anything I've ordered, so I am going to go with this being a isolated issue. He's been always responsive to any issues or questions I have or had. Had some polo shirts I ordered being crazy tight, according to UK standards Im a 3-4 XL as opposed to the standard 2XLs I usually ordered, no issues, he's getting me replacement in monster size from boys at Korda and sending a non defective Trakker polo when they both come in.

Regards,

Joe Kalina

There is a big difference between a $20..00 shirt and a $300.00 bite alarm. I have been waiting over 13 months for the replacement alarm. I hope you don't have to wait that long for your shirt! Simon keeps telling me "it's on the way".

I know big difference in money, my point was he was always responsive when I had issues. I feel for you, I've had similar a issue from a UK company with a 400. purchase and the worst thing imaginable to me is not getting a response for days to email and then the response I got was one sentence.

I have to agree with Joe Kalina on Simon being very responsive to any inquiry I have had in the past. I've had nothing but good experiences with him with an exception of one small hiccup, which was made right straight away. I hope your issue is resolved, I've gotten the run around before from a UK company and it's not fun to deal with. Hang in there!

Simon and Carp Kit screwed me on two fronts. Not sending the alarm back to Fox for repair or replacement, and having a "friend" try and fix the alarm. Either way, I am out over $300.00. Still waiting from a response from Simon!