Carp Anglers Group Forums
FJR1

FULL! - Paul Wells Memorial Tournament - 11/28/15 - Joliet, IL

With any luck I will be able to sell 5 or 6 of my non-producing eggplants to come up with the entry fee for the 28th.

See you all then.

You better watch who buys those eggplants.

24137_horror_movie.jpg

We are two weeks out and the forecast might change, but right now Accuweather says Joliet will see a high of 34° and a low of 18° with partly cloudy skies on November 28. Better bundle up!
d224132cf0b69bbb5e4a4e24343e0e9f.jpg
View from Larry Seeman's favorite peg 5.

List of participating anglers for the "Paul Wells Memorial Thanksgiving" Big 4 Carp Tournament at Joliet, IL on Nov. 28.

1. Joe Kalina
2. Dennis Davis
3. Chuck Blomlie
4. Walter Wheeler
5. Mike Olinger
6. Chad Bettisch
7. Christine Stout
8. Tony Stout
9. Mark Pinner

10. Met Lika
11. Chuck Ferczok
12. Donald Tiske
13. Feucho Aguilita Gonzales
14. Michal Gliksman
15. Eddie Cobb
16. Fred Rhodes
17. Jim Rink
18. Frank Rink
19. Cory Bohmann
20. Luis Gonzalez
21. Larry Seeman

The Jefferson St. bridge is now open, so there will be no painting/sandblasting on Nov. 28. I'll check in the next couple of weeks to see if the barge remains in the area. Don't forget that, due to the 21 anglers entered, we are opening five more pegs on 11/28. That means that 21 anglers will have 35 pegs from which to choose!

Plenty of parking is available at pegs 24A/24B to accommodate those who choose 23, 24, 24A, 24B, 24C, 24D, and 24E.

joliet_east_pegs_police.jpg

If I had to choose the 21 best pegs for a Big 4 event today, here's my list, in numerical (not preference) order: 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24E, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30. Hopefully, this will help those fairly new to the venue, although I see only two on the list who have not fished one of our Joliet events in the past.

Good luck! --Frank

The barge at Jefferson St. is now gone, and they changed the "reserved parking" signs to " 2 hour parking".

If I may suggest, do not even pull into the police parking lot. We don't want any trouble out of Joliets finest.

The barge at Jefferson St. is now gone, and they changed the "reserved parking" signs to " 2 hour parking".

If I may suggest, do not even pull into the police parking lot. We don't want any trouble out of Joliets finest.

Thanks, Larry. I also stopped by the venue after church on Saturday and saw no barges nor any construction equipment near those east bank pegs. The river looked great and part of me was wishing the tournament had been held on this past weekend with the nice weather we experienced.

​The 2 hour parking signs at pegs 24A and 24B have been up all fall, and I don't anticipate a problem with parking on 11/28 as I rarely see anyone parked there on a weekend.

I paced off the new pegs (24A, B, C, D, E) and found that there will be 5 or 6 chain sections between each peg. That's plenty of room. You can probably fish from your car at A and B. C, D, and E are also fairly close to the lot.

We could actually add 8 pegs to that section, but I like to give participants a little elbow room.

Peg 24E is located well before we get to the police lot and it is on a public walkway, so there should be no problem. However, Larry is right. Do not park in the police lot. Park in the lot adjacent to pegs 24A and 24B.

joliet_east_pegs_police.jpg

The 11/28 Joliet forecast still calls for some cold temps with a high of 32°. But as Paul Pezalla says. "There is no inappropriate weather for carp fishing; only inappropriate clothing."

Good luck. --Frank

joliet_fall2013_paul_wells_banner.jpg

We are ten days away from the weekend after Thanksgiving and the November 28 Paul Wells Memorial Thanksgiving Carp Tournament.

This event will feature a Big 4 format with sidepots for most fish and big fish. Chad Bettisch has also donated a 3M products package for lowest total weight (2 fish minimum). Thanks, Chad!

Peg choice is at 6:30 a.m. sharp at pegs 6-7 (parking lot just to south of Jefferson St. Bridge on the west bank).

Fishing will be from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. with awards distributed at pegs 6-7 immediately after the event.

Three rods will be allowed (have a name and address label on your third rod). Make sure you have a long-handled net and an unhooking mat. An accurate scale is encouraged, but you can use scales of other anglers (be ready to walk to the nearest scale).

35 pegs will be available and will be chosen in the order of numbers drawn during a blind draw.

There will be prizes for the top 12 finishers in the tournament. The prize package is as follows:

1st. First place finisher will receive cash - 50% of entry fees - and a medal.
2nd. Second place finisher will receive cash - 30% of entry fees - and a medal.
3rd. Third place finisher will receive cash - 20% of entry fees - and a medal.
Note: If finishers 1, 2, 3 prefer the Daiwa reel or rod or any other prize over the cash, the cash will then roll over to the next finisher in line.
4th through 12th place finishers will have their choice of the following:
Daiwa Opus Plus-type baitrunner reel (retails new for about $100).
12' Daiwa Maddragon carp rod (retails new for about $70)
Assortment of five, new inline or clipped carp leads of 3 ounces of more (5 leads retail new for about $12).
Big Bob's flavored corn.
Insulated beverage container(s).
Cap(s).
Koozie(s).

Medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers and, also, to the big fish winner and number of fish winner!
joliet_medals_2015.jpg

The weather will be challenging with a high in the 30's. Be prepared. Good luck. --Frank

List of participating anglers for the "Paul Wells Memorial Thanksgiving" Big 4 Carp Tournament at Joliet, IL on Nov. 28.

1. Joe Kalina
2. Dennis Davis
3. Chuck Blomlie
4. Walter Wheeler
5. Mike Olinger
6. Chad Bettisch
7. Christine Stout
8. Tony Stout
9. Mark Pinner

10. Met Lika
11. Chuck Ferczok
12. Donald Tiske
14. Michal Gliksman
15. Eddie Cobb
16. Fred Rhodes
17. Jim Rink
18. Frank Rink
19. Cory Bohmann
20. Luis Gonzalez
21. Larry Seeman

Hi Frank. What's the entry fee?

Michal--As Met indicated, the entry fee is $30 with optional sidepots of $5 for big carp and $5 for total number of fish. --Frank

Frank,

Can you add Ioan 'Jacob' Icob to the list please..thanks

Thanks, Tony! Yes, absolutely.

Ioan "Jacob" Iacob is in. Thanks, Jacob! :yourock:

turkey_2011_jacob_11plus.jpg

We are now full!

Here is the final list of participating anglers for the "Paul Wells Memorial Thanksgiving" Big 4 Carp Tournament at Joliet, IL on Nov. 28, 2015:

1. Joe Kalina

2. Dennis Davis

3. Chuck Blomlie

4. Walter Wheeler

5. Mike Olinger

6. Chad Bettisch

7. Christine Stout

8. Tony Stout

9. Mark Pinner

10. Met Lika

11. Chuck Ferczok

12. Donald Tiske

14. Michal Gliksman

15. Eddie Cobb

16. Fred Rhodes

17. Jim Rink

18. Frank Rink

19. Cory Bohmann

20. Luis Gonzalez

21. Larry Seeman

22. Ioan "Jacob" Iacob

We are full! Anglers are reminded to be at pegs 6-7 at 6:30 a.m. sharp on November 28. Thanks!

The forecast for 11/28 has improved somewhat with a high of 42° (instead of 32°).

Click here for detailed rules!

Click here for information about available pegs!

joliet_fall2013_paul_wells_banner.jpg

Latest forecast for 11/28/15 - A high of 40° and mostly sunny skies. I don't want to scare anyone away, but flooding rains on Thursday and Friday in the DesPlaines River basin in the north, west, and south suburbs will result in a fast current and may make fishing very difficult on Saturday. If you don't show, I understand. If you aren't attending, I would appreciate some advanced notice if possible for pegging purposes. Thanks. --Frank

Frank, I regretfully have to pull out of the tournament. I wish all of you a happy holiday season and look forward to seeing you all come spring.

Frank, I regretfully have to pull out of the tournament. I wish all of you a happy holiday season and look forward to seeing you all come spring.

Not a problem, Joe. Thanks for the notice. Happy holidays to you and yours!

Here is the list of anglers for the "Paul Wells Memorial Thanksgiving" Big 4 Carp Tournament at Joliet, IL on Nov. 28, 2015:

Dennis Davis

Chuck Blomlie

Walter Wheeler

Mike Olinger

Chad Bettisch

Christine Stout

Tony Stout

Mark Pinner

Met Lika

Chuck Ferczok

Donald Tiske

Feucho Aguilita Gonzales

Michal Gliksman

Eddie Cobb

Fred Rhodes

Jim Rink

Frank Rink

Cory Bohmann

Luis Gonzalez

Larry Seeman

Ioan "Jacob" Iacob

Anglers are reminded to be at pegs 6-7 at 6:30 a.m. sharp on November 28. Thanks! Good luck!

All 21 participants in the November 28 Paul Wells Memorial Thanksgiving Carp Tournament will go home with a little something for their efforts:

Note: If finishers 1, 2, 3 prefer the Daiwa reel or rod or any other prize over the cash, the cash will then roll over to the next finisher in line.

4th through last place finishers will have their choice of the following:

Daiwa Regal Plus baitrunner reel (used but in excellent shape - retails new for about $100).

12' Daiwa Maddragon carp rod (used but in excellent shape - retails new for about $70)

Five, new inline or clipped carp leads of 3 ounces of more
Five, inline spring feeders

Big Bob's flavored corn

Insulated beverage container

Two
Caps
Two Caps
Two Caps

Two Beverage Koozies
Pack of PVA bags
Pack of PVA bags
Pack of PVA bags
Container of glugged artificial corn
Pack of anti-tangle sleeves

Pack of 3M products to angler with lowest total weight (2 fish minimum), courtesy of Chad Bettisch. Thank you, Chad! :yourock:

“First Fish Surprise Bucket” for catching the first carp of the day, courtesy of Larry Seeman. Thank you, Larry! :yourock:

Brand new $100 bill to the angler catching the first mirror carp of the day, courtesy of Larry Seeman. Thank you, Larry! :yourock:

Medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers and to the big fish winner and # of fish winner!
joliet_medals_2015.jpg

Accuweather says Joliet will see a high of 42° on Saturday with variable cloudiness. I'm still wondering about how the heavy rains on Thursday and Friday will affect water clarity and current, but we can't control that. We shall see. Good luck! Peg choice is at 6:30 a.m. at pegs 6-7. - Frank

Larry Seeman will also be donating a brand new just printed 100.00 bill to who ever catches the first mirror carp on Saturday. GOOD LUCK!

post-4854-0-14245900-1448451290.jpg

All 21 participants in the November 28 Paul Wells Memorial Thanksgiving Carp Tournament will go home with a little something for their efforts:

Daiwa Regal Plus baitrunner reel (used but in excellent shape - retails new for about $100).

12' Daiwa Maddragon carp rod (used but in excellent shape - retails new for about $70)

Big Bob's flavored corn

Two Caps

Two Caps

Two Caps

Two Beverage Koozies

Pack of PVA bags

Pack of PVA bags

Pack of PVA bags

Pack of 3M products to angler with lowest total weight (2 fish minimum), courtesy of Chad Bettisch. Thank you, Chad! :yourock:

Medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers and to the big fish winner and # of fish winner!

joliet_medals_2015.jpg

Accuweather says Joliet will see a high of 42° on Saturday with variable cloudiness. I'm still wondering about how the heavy rains on Thursday and Friday will affect water clarity and current, but we can't control that. We shall see. Good luck! Peg choice is at 6:30 a.m. at pegs 6-7. - Frank

WHAT? My surprise bucket not worthy of being mentioned? LOL.

Larry Seeman will also be donating a brand new just printed 100.00 bill to who ever catches the first mirror carp on Saturday. GOOD LUCK!

Wow! Very generous, Larry! Thank you! :yourock:

Benjamin.jpg

WHAT? My surprise bucket not worthy of being mentioned? LOL.

Sorry! Forgot about that. Prize list has been revised:

Big Bob's flavored corn

Two Caps

Two Caps

Two Caps

Two Beverage Koozies

Pack of PVA bags

Pack of PVA bags

Pack of PVA bags

“First Fish Surprise Bucket” for catching the first carp of the day, courtesy of Larry Seeman. Thank you, Larry! :yourock:

Brand new $100 bill to the angler catching the first mirror carp of the day, courtesy of Larry Seeman. Thank you, Larry! :yourock:

joliet_medals_2015.jpg