Carp Anglers Group Forums

2016 CCC

(NY) AF Bob

We are looking for volunteers/groups to host the 2016 CCC. We have big plans to grow this event. Please contact me if you would like information.

Thanks

AF Bob

I would love to help host it in MN with help from a few friends..but my concern is the NO CHUMMING and 1 ROD policies might turn people away :-(.There are plenty of carp here...

Like I said on another thread, Jason at Baldwinsville/WCC is open to the idea..

Even if not the CCC it would be awesome to even come up with a new CAG Tournament for that location maybe in the summer or something along those lines.

Yep...I floated the idea and Jason responded very positively...Wisconsin would be great as well! It might not be a bad idea to plan ahead for a couple of years? Dates set etc? Just a thought...

Planning CCC dates and venues 2 years out would be nice. Both WI and Bville are also great places to have it.

I think it's a great idea to have multiple years planned out and the spots discussed would be good draws for members...but I think that one of the problems that has plagued the CCC IS that once an event has happened at one location.....moving it to a new location the following year causes all that ground work and effort to become lost and lost making the event perpetually labor intensive....also, it can mean that it can be years between when an event is local for some making it cost to much for the average angler to attend.

The idea of having the CCC at locations that current "Major Events" happen is great for the purpose of people being aware and confident in the location making them more likely to attend.....but the reality is having the CCC at those locations in its current form would require the local promoter putting on two major events which truly is a big added burden to those already doing alot.....the other issue is that with some of these places are "seasonaly productive" and can handle large group with good fish only for a few months out of the year....and not always in the fall.

Given that there are now a fair number of repeating major events through CAG, Wild Carp, WCC, CarpTS, ICN, CFN, Michigan, HOOSIERS, and etc if seems that it would be in the best interest of the anglers, CAG, the independent promoters to try to work towards having a major events every 3 to 4 weeks apart all season from March till the end in early November and to make sure that all regions are included and all styles/formats have an event featured during the coarse of the year so as to involve everyone and all clubs, so that we showcase every style from: Euro Tournaments, Paylake events, Local Derbys, Major Fish-in/Socials, to Discovery Events. CAG had its biggest growth and most strength when we all worked together, and that there was variety for all skill levels and history has shown there is only going to be a few folks willing to sacrifice their time to put on events of others.

The CCC could then be rotated or moved to piggyback events that where already happening....making it easier to pull off while actually creating that bond between CAG and those who drive the sport and industry. I would also suggest that NEW EVENTS/LOCATION should be given preference to have the CCC as the exposure to new places, events and anglers will be what feeds CAG going forward until there is a full yearly schedule at which point the CCC could be requested by those wanting to do a little more......that of course would require that the CCC be able to have a flexible schedule ....but that technical issue seems do-able.

For anyone who has been running an event for a number of years.....it does get easier year after year to repeat an existing event, and it is more likely that someone who "Births" an event to repeat that event rather then having them run a second event event at another time in the years is really just to much to ask someone and to do. The other issue is that we all want to fish events ourselves, by only having to work on our local one once a year it would free us up all up to fish the others.....this is the only way a true tournament circut can be built from the ground up with the folks and resources that are apart of the sport now. Free time for all of us is limited and very precious, only having to do one event a year will make folks more likely to step up.

Just my two-cents.....

Thanks (I think? LOL) to all those who "voted" for me to host something in WI. It's good to know that my efforts to help the North American C&R Carp Tournament Angling Community, the WI CC Organizers, and Two Rivers Business Association are appreciated.

I agree with much of what has been said in this forum, and I believe that there are a few misconceptions about fishing tournament organization still circulating here (just my perspective, so I may of course be wrong; I often am!). Unfortunately, any one of those misconceptions can seriously and adversely affect an event, to the point that it becomes uneconomic to run.

I would be happy to provide some free consulting to the CAG Board (I have 25+ years experience in successful fishing event conceptualization, initiation, planning, execution, and closing, up to and including FIPSed World Championships), if needed.

Good points made by Larry. I think running the CCC at a location for a 2-3 year period would be much better. Maybe identify 3-4 locations that are good options and then just rotate so non of the previous years work is lost. This is how many of the World Carp Tournaments are run. If you want to introduce a new location its then relatively easy as you usually have a 2 year lead time period.

I think venues such as the St. Lawrence, Seneca, Two Rivers, Lake Michigan, DC Tidal Bowl etc. would be great as they are well known, relatively easy to get to, have a history of producing fish and have had tournaments run on them in the past.

I do echo Jerome's sentiments though; we need an Events Coordinator to oversee all of this.

• 2 weeks later...

I also echo all these sentiments for adding and running more events. All really good points. But, the key here is that we DESPERATELY need an events coordinator, a big job that requires a big commitment. Anyone out there interested......