Carp Anglers Group Forums
FJR1

The format for this event has changed. It will now be a one-rod tournament with all pegs at the Jackson St. venue. Participant limit is 14! Please read the following revised guidelines!

joliet_2012_120112_banner.jpg

"Sam Snow Memorial Holiday Carp Tournament"
Saturday, December 12, 2015
Bicentennial Park - Joliet, IL

steelcity2008d.jpg

In memory and in honor of Sam Snow who passed away this past summer, our December "Let it Snow" event is now called the "Sam Snow Memorial Holiday Carp Tournament"!

1. This 12/12/15 Big 4 tournament will feature peg choices by participating anglers. At all sessions at 6:30 a.m. sharp, participating anglers will be part of a drawing to determine the order for peg choice. The order of this draw will be in the chronological order that anglers arrived at the venue.

The angler who draws the #1 chip will have first choice of pegs. The angler who draws the #2 chip will have second choice, and so on. Peg choices will be made in the order of chip numbers drawn. An angler will have a half-minute to make his peg choice.

Anglers arriving after 6:30 a.m. will draw, using the same format as the 6:30 a.m. draw, to determine choice of whatever pegs remain. There are no call-in peg choices, nor can someone choose for you in your absence. "You snooze, you lose."

This tournament has a maximum of 14 anglers using only one (1) rod each for fishing (only one line in the water per angler).

Fourteen pegs at Jackson Street will be available for your consideration. Pegs 1 and 2 are at the slip, north of the Jackson St. bridge. Pegs 3 though 8 are evenly spaced at the parking lot, south of the Jackson St. bridge. Pegs 9 though 14 are evenly spaced at the mulched area, south of the Jackson St. parking lot. Anglers choosing pegs 1 through 8 can park at their pegs. Anglers choosing pegs 9 though 14 can parallel park at the east side of the lot.
joliet_121215_sam_snow_pegs_jackson.jpg

Peg draw: 6:30 a.m. sharp at the Jackson St. venue (corner of W. Jackson St. and N. Joliet St., Joliet, IL). If possible, please arrive a few minutes early for fee payment, waiver signature, scorecard distribution, meet and greet, etc.

Tournament time: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (addresses shortened time of sunlight this time of year and allows time to return home for Saturday evening commitments).

Awards: Shortly after 3:30 p.m. at the Jackson St. venue.

4. At least four anglers must commit to a tournament to make it a GO.

5. All tournaments will be a Big 4 format.

6. Entry fee will be $30 and all fees will be returned to the prize package. There will be optional $5 winner-take-all sidepots for total # of carp and for big carp of the day.

There will be prizes for the top 14 finishers in this tournament. However, you must catch a fish to win a prize. If nobody catches fish or if fewer than three anglers catch fish, the un-won entry fees will be returned to non-winners in equal portions.

The prize package is as follows:

1st. First place finishers will receive cash - 50% of entry fees - and a medal.
2nd. Second place finishers will receive cash - 30% of entry fees - and a medal.
3rd. Third place finishers will receive cash - 20% of entry fees - and a medal.
Note: If finishers 1, 2, 3 prefer the Daiwa reel or rod or any other prize over the cash, the cash will then roll over to the next finisher in line.
4th through 12th place finishers will have their choice of the following:
Daiwa Opus Plus-type baitrunner reel (retails new for about $100).
12' Daiwa Maddragon carp rod (retails new for about $70)
Assortment of five, new inline or clipped carp leads of 3 ounces of more (5 leads retail new for about $12).
Big Bob's flavored corn.
Insulated beverage container(s).
Cap(s).
Koozie(s).

Medals will also be awarded to the top 3 finishers! No medals this time for sidepot winners (I need to order new medals for the next series).
joliet_medals_2015.jpg

7. Reminder! You may fish with only one rod and must cast accurately within your peg area!

8. If anyone can bring a grill and gas or charcoal, I will provide meats, buns, beans, potato salad, plates and forks for a quick lunch.

Good luck. Hope you can make it. Sign up on this thread. Thanks! —Dr. Frank Rink, Tournament organizer

Saturday, December 12, 2015 - Sam Snow Memorial Holiday Carp Tournament

Six anglers have already comitted to this event, so it is a GO!

Here is the list of anglers, so far, for the "Sam Snow Memorial Holiday" Big 4 Carp Tournament at Joliet, IL on December 12, 2015:

Dennis Davis
Mike Olinger
Chad Bettisch
Tony Stout

Chuck Ferczok
Frank Rink

Anglers are reminded to be at the Jackson St. venue at 6:30 a.m. sharp on Dec. 12. Thanks! Good luck!

Pencil me in 90% sure.

Will do, Larry. Thanks! :yourock:

Here is the list of anglers, so far, for the "Sam Snow Memorial Holiday" Big 4 Carp Tournament at Joliet, IL on December 12, 2015:

Larry Seeman (90% sure)

Dennis Davis

Mike Olinger

Chad Bettisch

Tony Stout

Chuck Ferczok

Frank Rink

Anglers are reminded to be at the Jackson St. venue at 6:30 a.m. sharp on December 12. Thanks! Good luck!

Feucho Gonzalez is in (I think he's in, but he also signed up for 11/28). Thanks, Feucho! :yourock:

Feucho Gonzalez
Larry Seeman (90% sure)
Dennis Davis
Mike Olinger
Chad Bettisch
Tony Stout

Chuck Ferczok
Frank Rink

Anglers are reminded to be at the Jackson St. venue at 6:30 a.m. sharp on December 12 for peg choice.

We are 12 days out, so forecasts are iffy. Accuweather says a high of 41, cloudy, and a possible afternoon shower. Fortunately, the five days prior to the event should have consistent weather with highs in the low 40's and no rain. Water conditions should be decent.

Solunar tables show December 12 as one of the better fishing days of the month in Joliet with the day's best fishing times at 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. I'll go out on a limb and predict more fish will be caught on 12/12/15 than were caught at the 11/28/15 event :P . We shall see.

Thanks! Good luck!

Cory Bohmann is in. Thanks, Cory! :yourock:

Cory Bohmann
Feucho Gonzalez
Larry Seeman (90% sure)
Dennis Davis
Mike Olinger
Chad Bettisch
Tony Stout

Chuck Ferczok
Frank Rink

Anglers are reminded to be at the Jackson St. venue at 6:30 a.m. sharp on December 12 for peg choice. Who will get the Jackson pegs?

We are 12 days out, so forecasts are iffy. Accuweather says a high of 41, cloudy, and a possible afternoon shower. Fortunately, the five days prior to the event should have consistent weather with highs in the low 40's and no rain. Water conditions should be decent.

Solunar tables show December 12 as one of the better fishing days of the month in Joliet with the day's best fishing times at 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. I'll go out on a limb and predict more fish will be caught on 12/12/15 than were caught at the 11/28/15 event :P . We shall see.

Thanks! Good luck!

Chad Bettisch had an interesting idea last Saturday. Due to the weather and the holidays, the December event is usually attended by fewer than usual anglers. In light of the better bite at Jackson, Chad suggested having all anglers at the Jackson venue, and limiting rods to one per angler.

I'm actually thinking of placing two pegs at the slip, six in the parking lot, and six in the mulch if 14 or fewer anglers sign up.

Stay tuned. Nine have signed up so far. --Frank

The more I think about it, the more I like Chad's idea. The December 12, 2015 Sam Snow Memorial Holiday Tournament format will change as follows. If you prefer not to participate under this format, please let me know asap, so I can be accurate and timely in admitting additional anglers.

1. The 12/12/15 Sam Snow Memorial tournament will be limited to 14 anglers.

2. Peg choice: 6:30 a.m. sharp at the Jackson St. venue (corner of W. Jackson St. and N. Joliet St., Joliet, IL). If possible, please arrive a few minutes early for fee payment, waiver signature, scorecard distribution, meet and greet, etc.

3. All pegs are at the Jackson St. venue. Pegs will be numbered 1 through 14 (1 and 2 at the slip; 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 in the parking lot; 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 in the mulch).

joliet_121215_sam_snow_pegs_jackson.jpg

4. Anglers are limited to one rod in the water at a time for this event.

5. Peg choice parameters remain the same.

6. Big 4 entry and prizes as well as $5 big fish sidepot and $5 number of fish sidepot remain the same.

7. Fish will be weighed at peg 7 using the same scale and tripod.

8. Awards will be distributed shortly after 3:30 at the Jackson St. pegs.

9. All other J-Town Fall 40's Series rules remain as always.

If anyone can bring a grill and charcoal, I will provide meats, buns, beans, potato salad, plates and forks for a quick lunch.

I think this could be a fun event. We shall see. Thanks to Chad Bettisch for originating the idea! --Frank

Cory Bohmann
Feucho Gonzalez
Larry Seeman (90% sure)
Dennis Davis
Mike Olinger
Chad Bettisch
Tony Stout

Chuck Ferczok
Frank Rink

Five openings remain!

More details here!

This one looks like a great one to bring the grill, dont know why we didnt think of it before.

Actually, we did - a couple times.

joliet_winter2014_larry_boo_lunch_030814

March 2014

joliet_winter2014_steaks_020814.jpg

February 2014

Hello Frank. I will fish.

Thanks, Chris. :yourock:

Here is the list of anglers, so far, for the "Sam Snow Memorial Holiday" Big 4 Carp Tournament at Joliet, IL on December 12, 2015. Don't forget that this is a one-rod tournament.

Chris Reitan

Cory Bohmann

Feucho Gonzalez

Larry Seeman (90% sure)

Dennis Davis

Mike Olinger

Chad Bettisch

Tony Stout

Chuck Ferczok

Frank Rink

Only four openings remain!

More details here!

Actually, we did - a couple times.

joliet_winter2014_larry_boo_lunch_030814

No, I mean the big grill. Since we will all be fishing closer together I will be furnishing the grill, food, beverages and of course a surprise bucket.

No, I mean the big grill. Since we will all be fishing closer together I will be furnishing the grill, food, beverages and of course a surprise bucket.

Thanks, Larry. That's very generous, but I was planning on bringing the food, or I can split it with you.

attachicon.gifBBQ-Grilling.jpgYou do enough for these events, please let me handle it.

Im all in, unless the water is worst than this last Saturday.

Thanks, so much, Larry. I appreciate your work with the Joliet events. OK. You can do the meal, but I'm covering your entry fees. :yourock:

I will have another 3M package for the smallest carp.

Thanks, Chad! Much appreciated. :yourock:

morning all. please sign eddy and fred up for the tournment. thanks.

Will do. Thanks, Fred and Eddie! :yourock:

Although this is a tournament, it will certainly have a social/fish-in component as all anglers will be in close proximity to one another. In addition, Larry Seeman is generously grilling a great lunch. It's a nice way to end this year's series, no matter what the catch results are!

Twelve are in. Only two slots remain.

Here is the list of anglers, so far, for the "Sam Snow Memorial Holiday" Big 4 Carp Tournament at Joliet, IL on December 12, 2015. Don't forget that this is a one-rod tournament.

Eddie Cobb

Fred Rhodes

Chris Reitan

Cory Bohmann

Feucho Gonzalez

Larry Seeman

Dennis Davis

Mike Olinger

Chad Bettisch

Tony Stout

Chuck Ferczok

Frank Rink

Only two openings remain!

More details here!

"Sam Snow Memorial Holiday Carp Tournament"

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Jackson Street Venue - Joliet, IL

Filled up fast! :bigsmile:

Yes, that's a decent response for a mid-December carp tournament in northern Illinois. Just two openings remain, and if no one else signs up, we can spread the Jackson St. pegs that much farther apart. :yes:

El Nino will keep December highs in the mid to high 40's for the next 10 days. Accuweather is still calling for a slight chance of drizzle on Saturday, December 12, but that's still a week and a half away, so we shall see. Weather.com says we will see a high in the 50's!

Thanks to all who signed up; thanks to Larry Seeman who will provide another Surprise Bucket for first fish; thanks to Chad Bettisch who will provide a 3M package for small fish; and thanks to Larry Seeman who will cook and provide lunch.

The event will also give some of us a nice preview of what to expect on January 1 for FFF 2016!

Good luck!

Eddie Cobb

Fred Rhodes

Chris Reitan

Cory Bohmann

Feucho Gonzalez

Larry Seeman

Dennis Davis

Mike Olinger

Chad Bettisch

Tony Stout

Chuck Ferczok

Frank Rink