Carp Anglers Group Forums
MOON

Corn goo liquid

Looks like a good stuff for mixing pack baits & boiled corn, very strong corn scent with UV glow cote !!!

post-5580-0-43231100-1449269550_thumb.jp

I too saw this product in the hunting section of my locals Dick's Sporting Goods store and thought the same as you.......

Hmmmmm..... I wonder. ???? I hope to hear a review from you once you try it. Thanks

I too saw this product in the hunting section of my locals Dick's Sporting Goods store and thought the same as you.......

Hmmmmm..... I wonder. ???? I hope to hear a review from you once you try it. Thanks

Yes from Dick's Sporting goods ✌️

Bought one more thing ?

post-5580-0-35105000-1449290569_thumb.jp

That's how corn liquid looks like with panko breadcrumb ?

post-5580-0-34227700-1449290751_thumb.jp

This definitely looked interesting, so I researched it on the Dick's Sporting Goods website. It's sold as a deer attractant for hunters.

But for anyone interested in using it as a carp bait flavor, below are the "product info" and "features" as they appear on the DSG website:

PRODUCT INFO:

Sweet Corn Crush™ Juiced is a simple and powerful deer attractant that creates an instant mineral lick. This liquid gel attractant pours on the ground or on a stump and soaks in quickly. The intense aroma brings in deer for up to 3 weeks, and the sweet corn flavor provides a sugary and salty treat for your game. Wildgame Innovations® Sweet Corn Crush Juiced Deer Attractant is Glo-Cote UV enhanced and comes in a pourable 1-gal. bottle.

FEATURES:

• Liquid deer attractant
  • Sweet corn flavored mineral mixture
  • Minerals soak into trail or stump quickly
  • Emits an intense aroma for up to 3 weeks
  • Glo-Cote UV enhanced
  • Ideal for placing in front of a trail camera
  • Easy pour 1 gal. bottle
  • Model: FG-00411
  • Wildgame Innovations

From the above info, it appears that it has a very strong corn scent, plus salt and sweetener (maybe it's just the natural sugar from processing the corn, or maybe there's some added sugar?). You might keep in mind that many bait recipes (especially pack baits) use agged salt and sugar. If using this as flavor, you might need to adjust the amount of salt & sugar you add (depending on how much of the flavor you use).

It appears that it's only available in 1-gallon jugs (price $11.99). Considering that most bait flavors are sold in 6 ounce bottles, and that we seldom use more than a couple capfuls when making bait, a whole gallon is probably a lot more than most of us will ever need. Unless you plan to use it yourself for deer hunting, you might want to divvy it up with a few other guys.

I had another thought. IF the scent proves to be even somewhat as long-lasting in the water as it's claimed to be on land, it might be useful for long-term baiting programs, especially for those swims you're baiting that you can only get to once every few days.

This sounds promising in several ways. PLEASE, let us know if you try it.

I just thought of another positive of using these products....... If you're a hunter, there is a decent chance that while you are waiting for carp to bite in your swim, an 8point might pay you a visit. lol Now wouldn't that be funny.....?

Todd, I have a friend who goes to Minnesota in the early fall for what he calls, "Cast and Blast." It is a combination of grouse hunting and trout fishing. Might have the same with carp and deer. Was deer hunting yesterday and found a couple of places that warrant trying when the water levels go down. We have had a lot of rain and the TVA lakes are almost up to summer pool level. Chickamauga Dam is running over twice the capacity and currents are very swift. Told needmotime2fish you would need a concrete block to get the bait to the bottom. Also, a rod with a TC of 150!

The places are in the backcountry so it would be a "bare bones" trip- just what I can carry and leave the wittle wed wagon at home. OK, I'll post pictures when the time comes.

John, your "Cast and Blast" comment brings back some old memories.

A long time ago when I was in my late teens and living in southern PA :Old: we fished for suckers and carp in the Conococheague Creek, not too many miles upstream from where it flows into the Potomac River at Williamsport, MD. We often saw deer along the creek, and occasionally even saw them in the creek, swimming. In the fall, we usually carried a shotgun because of all the small game. I remember one time when my Dad shot a ringneck pheasant that flew by while he was waiting for a bite.

I suspect that with a little "baiting" in the right places with the Sweet Corn Crush liquid, a guy could attract both deer AND carp, and just might need John's "red wagon" to haul a buck back to the car!

Baiting is a no-no. IF you put out any kind of attractant, it has to be cleaned up two weeks before hunting season opens. I have heard of guys who went dove hunting and the field was baited, without them knowing it. The conservation officers look at it as being an accomplice.

Ok...I admit....This

stuff sounded so good...I had to get it.

I just bought a gallon day before yesterday. I do not know when I will get to use it. Weather is not looking so great fro the next few days.

"The plan" is to cook up a big batch of field corn aqnd then 'glug" it with this while it is still hot and fresh from the pressure cooker.

That is my thought mso far. I have about 5 pounds of already cooked field corn n the basement fermenting....last time out I just decided to loosen the lid and let it go...it's been in the basement a week,

The next 2 batches I plan to cook up will be one with anise seed pressure cooked in

and the second will be a pepper special....someone gave me a hot sauce for Christmas that is off the chain....I figure that ought to be interesting cooked into a bait. This one rates as 6 million scovile units....suggests a tiny-tiny spoon (furnished) per gallon.

I'm not boiling corn for chumming till spring and for chumming i always boil corn night before ... So i haven't tried it yet with corn i add this liquid in handful of boiled corn just to add in breadcrumb & it's seems to me that it preserves the corn, in winter i use cattle cubes for chumming ? don't heat up this thing it's not molasses !!!

post-5580-0-45371400-1452036495_thumb.jp