Carp Anglers Group Forums
Arvand

Petition

Signed. Good luck with this.

I signed it a little while ago. Way too few signatures though. Too bad.

I signed it a little while ago. Way too few signatures though. Too bad.

Signed, checked back today to see if it had at least reached 200 but unfortunately hasn't. Hopefully it can get some more attention after the holidays.

Signed as well. Might get more response if it advocated two rods for everyone and not specific to carp anglers.

Would it be possible to solicit signatures at a tackle shop or sporting goods store? They would benefit from the change, I'm sure. Good luck!

Could we do like my father said they did in Chicago? Vote early and vote often! :Laughter:

Unfortunately the petition has only got 163 signatures till date! Can't understand why people aren't supporting this petition. It tells you a whole lot about the mixed type of anglers we have & the way the Canadian society think! I have seen comments like "if I don't need 2 rods fly fishing then no one should be able to use 2 rods" or "more snagging on the tribs" or even " our fisheries could be hurt just by having an additional rod" . Really lost for words here. Even no support by carp anglers!

I wonder how many people aren't signing because they don't want to have to include their email address because of their concern for spam and viruses?

Thanks for your efforts with this, Arvand.

Reword the petition?- "Two rods with catch and release only. One rod for keep and cook only."

This is exactly what I suggested a few years ago on a Canadian forum, but somebody rightfully pointed out that it would be pretty hard to enforce for wardens. I can see the point.

If there are fish in the basket, bag or stringer, that is catch and cook. But I can see your point, Jerome. Thanks.