Carp Anglers Group Forums
Arvand

Not many posts from Ontario?

Sad to see a once happening forum in such a sorry state! I recall a time when there were daily posts & stories from fellow anglers! Sad to see this all gone. Don't know why this happened?? Would urge all fellow anglers to start repeating the old days of story sharing. Lets get this forum happening!

Didn't there used to be a couple regulars on here from the Ontario area? I think one was named Shawn and the other Tony... I see Shawn still occasionally posts YouTube videos on Carp fishing but I'm guessing he's no longer a member here??

Shawn left other anglers im not sure why they dont post they are still around. A little bit of discussion between them kept them all coming back. not sure what to think about all the other anglers it just stopped

Ya, it's interesting. When I joined several years ago, this was a very active place. I learned a ton and met lots of good anglers online and on the bank.

It's hard to say why some folks disappear but I think it's probably a combination of things. Priority and life changes could be a couple of reasons. Also, the novelty of posting reports perhaps wears off for some, etc.

I think, too, the pendulum swings and there was a time when carp fishing seemed to be really taking off in popularity. Now, I think we've hit a bit of a plateau and it's only a matter of time for the pendulum to swing the other way.

I, too, don't post as much as I used too, and I will try to change that because it certainly was a fun thing to do, exchanging photos and ideas with online friends and fisherman. To be honest, my fishing results this year were rather disappointing and there were a lot of fishless trips and my pride wouldn't let me report on those sessions( lol ).

I do know one thing. There are a lot of really excellent carp fisherman in da Hammer and surrounding area, and it's been a real pleasure meeting many of you. I'm always in awe of the knowledge and expertise that carpers( far younger than me )have acquired and put to use on the bank. The inactivity on the board in no way reflects the number of dedicated carpers here, so perhaps in time, the post count will grow and this board will again become the place it once was.

Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with a few members in 2016...It's been a long while :)

The last few years I haven't been able to get out much for carp, but I do plan to get out more this season. I'm Looking forward to doing a lot more shopping at CarpKit too for some new toys :D