Carp Anglers Group Forums
Arvand

Incredibly aggresive run!

That is one angry carp. Didn't like being hooked. Had friend lose his Father's Day present over the transom of the boat when a catfish or something big took it Bye-bye. First time he used it! Thanks for the video. Rated: G for great!

This has happened to me quite a few times! Back before my friends and I were savvy to all this great Carp fishing gear that's available, we used to either hold the pole or rest the lower rod guide on a cinder block or rock. Here's the catch...We didn't even have baitrunners. This resulted in a spectacular display of fast twitch muscle reflexes and sometimes swimming capability! Now, being properly geared up we don't see this happen nearly as often but I've had screaming runs that fling the bobbin right off and a couple tip the Nash Pocket Pod. This is exactly why I went with the Solar Stainless Worldwide Pod.

What a run!! Have to show this to some others who have asked "how hard can a carp actually take he bait???" Great vid.