Carp Anglers Group Forums
vali pavaloaia

Can Am 2016

Ok ,time to start again. Can Am 2016 will be  on Long Sault , or the Bird Sanctuary 5-7 August . Peg draw will be evening 4 August , location to be announced . Bob please ,start the SUA and Canada registaration list .

RULES:

Basic rules are the same as in the past. One member from Team USA and one member from team Canada will be pegged together. They will net each others fish, check weight of each others fish and update each others score sheet.

The Can Am will start Friday 5 August at 7 Am. and will end  7 August 12 noon .

Point system:

Carp under 10 lbs - 1 point

Carp 10 to 19 lbs - 2 points

Carp 20 to 29 lbs - 5 points

Carp 30 - 39 lbs - 10 points

Carp 40 and over - 15 points

Mirror Carp - add 1 extra point

Koi - add 2 extra points

The team with the highest total points wins the event and gets to keep the trophy until the next year!

Actual fishing rules / as per Ontario Law:

- One (1) rod & one (1) hook

- Spod rods and marker floats are allowed

Pre-baiting your swim will be permitted after 18:00hrs (6pm) Thursday night.

Fish on can be played outside of your peg zone but out of respect please make every effort to keep them inside your own zone and land them!

I'm in.

Thanks Vali for coordinating this fabulous event.

Won't be missing it this year.  On medication with good results.

Question for Bob:  "Do participants need to be registered members of Carp Anglers Group (CAG)?"

Vali did you have sticky fingers when you wrote:

"start the SUA and Canada registaration list"

USA not SUA

:bonk:

Question:

Last time with had section "A" and "E" I believe, and section "A" was a very shallow bay.  Is this section still considered or is there another one more appropriate for carpers to enjoy the competition and have an interested event?

Also, will the Park's people prepared the pegs sites or leave it unattended (i.e., neglected) like last time?  If so, I would recommend participants bring the necessary tools to make casting easier (if this is allowed).

Just my two cents.

;)

2 hours ago, LeGrand said:

I'm in.

Thanks Vali for coordinating this fabulous event.

Won't be missing it this year.  On medication with good results.

Question for Bob:  "Do participants need to be registered members of Carp Anglers Group (CAG)?"

Vali did you have sticky fingers when you wrote:

"start the SUA and Canada registaration list"

USA not SUA

:bonk:I see that just after posting  :) , I can t fix it , do not have a option for this .

2 hours ago, LeGrand said:

Question:

Last time with had section "A" and "E" I believe, and section "A" was a very shallow bay.  Is this section still considered or is there another one more appropriate for carpers to enjoy the competition and have an interested event?

Also, will the Park's people prepared the pegs sites or leave it unattended (i.e., neglected) like last time?  If so, I would recommend participants bring the necessary tools to make casting easier (if this is allowed).

Just my two cents.

;)

I will try to make it in Long Sault , just if we have problems, will move it to Bird Sanctuary on the same spot like last time .

Vali, 

Count me in buddy!

Booking the entire week off right now so that work doesn't get in the way like last time.

I'll try to get a discussion going with park management so that all parties all fully prepared for the tournament unless you prefer handling that yourself.

Michel, nice to see you doing better this year!

Im in!  USA, USA, USA

Hi Bob ,please put this names on the Canada team .Thank you .

1- Vali Pavaloaia
2- Len Perdic
3- Shawn Izmagik
4- Martin Lavigne
5- Michel Dumont
6- Louis-Philip Joseph Lortie
7- Mikey Eholzer
8-Sarah Graves
9- Randy Estabrooks
10- Andrzej Tyminiewski
11-Carp Kit -SIMON STEWART
12- Todd Beckstead
13-Dominic Pageau
14-Didier Dubois
15-Justin Lamare

Vali, I believe from this link that the CCC is proposed for Wisconsin and in August, but no specific date in August yet confirmed.

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php?/topic/56568-2016-ccc-date-change/#comment-721686

My search found this from AF Bob, but yesterday a final decision was to be made, since other events in August in Wisconsin:

... We would like feed back, both pro and con on hosting the 2016 CCC on or about Aug 6, 2016. The BOD will review all comments and than we will vote on the possible month change! We would also like to hear from any other members  that may want to host this outstanding event

I'm in BOB , Adrian Bogdan(Team USA).

Edited by Romania

I have to confirm I can get time off but can you put me in for Canada been a while since I fished this and I have a monkey to get off my back for 2010

Ok I had booked the week off work and the Boss (the girlfriend has given me the green light) so would like to fish this event.

CANADA

1- Vali Pavaloaia
2- Len Perdic
3- Shawn Izmagik
4- Martin Lavigne
5- Michel Dumont
6- Louis-Philip Joseph Lortie
7- Mikey Eholzer
8-Sarah Graves
9- Randy Estabrooks
10- Andrzej Tyminiewski
11-Carp Kit -SIMON STEWART
12- Todd Beckstead
13-Dominic Pageau
14-Didier Dubois
15-Justin Lamare
16-Jason Morton
17-Jesse Gallant
18-Phil Tabry
19-Andrew Walker
20-Roger Holton
21-Nick Tietjen
22-Willow

Love
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

Comment

The park manager in Long Sault give us a very good deal for the CanAm - 50 dollars for the 3 days . The deal is seal ,5-7 August in Long Sault - the best carp fishing in the world .

Things are progressing well Vali. Bravo.

For the 4th gathering, let us know as when and where specifically.

The peg draw will take place Thursday 4 August 7 pm.  at O Neill s pub ,is on the opposite site of the gas station in Long Sault , was before The Grumpyes.

Hi guys ,the Can Am is just a few weeks from now ,please let me know how is coming 100 % .the camping fee is 50 dollars ,I have to pay for it and do not want to loose money .I will collect from everybody on the peg draw .Thank you .