Carp Anglers Group Forums
FJR1

Sign Up - "Spring Ahead - Dennis Davis Memorial" Carp Tournament - 3/12/16 - Joliet, IL

jolietwinter2016banner.jpg

"Spring Ahead -  Dennis Davis Memorial" Total Weight Carp Tournament
Saturday, March 12, 2016 
Joliet, IL

banner_davis_memorial_spring.jpg

In memory of Dennis Davis, one of our Joliet carp anglers who passed away in early March, we are renaming our March 12, 2016 "Is Winter Over" event to the "Spring Ahead - Dennis Davis Memorial Carp Tournament."  

This is not a newly scheduled event, but a renaming of the originally scheduled March 12, 2016 tournament, with a couple minor changes:
1.  It will be relatively warm all week prior to March 12, so the tournament will be a total weight event rather than a Big 3 event.

2.  We will meet, before and after the event, at the Jackson Street parking lot, but all Joliet pegs will be available to participants. 

In addition, the tournament will feature a $20 entry fee with the usual 100% payback to the winners (This series is more about getting off the winter couch than it is about competition).

Sign up on this thread if interested in participating in the March 12 "Spring Ahead - Dennis Davis Memorial Carp Tournament."  Thanks for your consideration!

Major guidelines follow.

1. This March 12, 2016 "Spring Ahead - Dennis Davis Memorial Total Weight Carp Tournament" will feature peg choices by participating anglers. At all sessions at 6:30 a.m. sharp, participating anglers will be part of a drawing to determine the order for peg choice. The order of this draw will be in the chronological order that anglers arrived at the venue.

The angler who draws the #1 chip will have first choice of pegs. The angler who draws the #2 chip will have second choice, and so on. Peg choices will be made in the order of chip numbers drawn. An angler will have a half-minute to make his peg choice.

Anglers arriving after 6:30 a.m. will draw, using the same format as the 6:30 a.m. draw, to determine choice of whatever pegs remain. There are no call-in peg choices, nor can someone choose for you in your absence. "You snooze, you lose."

Twenty four pegs around Bicentennial park and 14 pegs at Jackson Street will be available for your consideration. 
joliet_fall2012_pegs_24.jpg
joliet_winter2016_pegs.jpg

Peg draw:  6:30 a.m. sharp at the Jackson St. venue (corner of W. Jackson St. and N. Joliet St., Joliet, IL). If possible, please arrive a few minutes early for fee payment, waiver signature, scorecard distribution, meet and greet, etc.

2.  Tournament time: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (addresses shortened time of sunlight this time of year and allows time to return home for Saturday evening commitments).

3.  Awards:  Shortly after 3:30 p.m. at the Jackson St. venue.

4. At least two anglers must commit to a tournament to make it a GO.

5. This tournament will be a total weight format. 

6. Entry fee will be $20 and all fees will be returned to the prize package. There are no official side-pots unless a participant wants to put something together.

The prize package is as follows:

1st - First place finisher will receive cash - 50% of entry fees - and a medal.
2nd - Second place finisher will receive cash - 30% of entry fees - and a medal.
3rd - Third place finisher will receive cash - 20% of entry fees - and a medal.

If there are eight or more participants, Larry Seeman will dionate a first-fish bucket of prizes.

If there are fewer than six participants, the top two will receive cash in a 60% - 40% split.

Medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers! 
joliet_medals_2015.jpg

7. Three rods will be allowed. Make sure you mark your third rod with your name and address.

8. You may move to an unoccupied peg at 11:30 a.m. should you wish to do so. 

9. Liability insurance has been acquired for the event, and approval has been granted by the City of Joliet and the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. 

10. The usual carp safety guidelines and rules apply to this series. 

Good luck. Hope you can make it. Sign up on this thread. Thanks! —Dr. Frank Rink, Tournament organizer

Anglers signed up so far:
Jameson Jagielski
Cory Bohmann
Chad Bettisch
Larry Seeman
Tihomir Apcir
Sdrjan Gazivoda
Zeljko Gazdic
Alex Jesovic
Chrisine Stout
Tony Stout

Frank Rink

dd_1706.jpg
joliet071214_dd_0609.jpg
Rest in peace, Dennis.  It was a pleasure fishing with you!  We are better people for having known you!

On March 8, 2016 at 0:20 PM, CARPWACKER said:

Please Sign-Up Fred and Cobb for Saturday,Thanks

Thanks, Robert!

Fred Rhodes ad Eddie Cobb are in for 3/12/16.  Thank you, gentlemen! :yourock:

ottawa2010_fred.jpg
joliet_121215_eddie_peg2.jpg

13 anglers signed up so far:
Jameson Jagielski
Cory Bohmann
Chad Bettisch
Larry Seeman
Tihomir Apcir
Sdrjan Gazivoda
Zeljko Gazdic
Alex Jesovic
Chrisine Stout
Tony Stout
Fred Rhodes
Eddie Cobb

Frank Rink

Wish I could join you guys, especially in remembrance of Dennis. Hope Dennis blesses the waters of Joliet for a "super bite" tomorrow!

I'll be in Oxford, Ohio at Miami University, as this is one of the six university tours we've planned for Kassidy. One of these weekends, I hope, I will fish again LOL! ??????

On March 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Joe Kalina said:

Wish I could join you guys, especially in remembrance of Dennis. Hope Dennis blesses the waters of Joliet for a "super bite" tomorrow!

I'll be in Oxford, Ohio at Miami University, as this is one of the six university tours we've planned for Kassidy. One of these weekends, I hope, I will fish again LOL! ??????

Thank you, Joe.  Good luck!

A few reminders for tomorrow:

1.  The rain held off this week and tomorrow's forecast is good until late afternoon, at which time we may see a shower or two.  

2.  Peg choice is at 6:30 a.m. at the Jackson Street venue.  Please get there a little earlier to take care of fees ($20), sign waivers, ask questions, etc.

3.  All 38 Joliet area pegs will be available.  i will mark all pegs prior to the tournament.

4.  Three rods are allowed.

5.  You may move to an unoccupied peg at 11:30 a.m. should you wish to do so.  An unused peg between you and another angler is not required.

6.  Fishing is frsom 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  You may wish to bring food and drink for yourself as there will be no break in the tournament.

7.  We will meet at Jackson St. shortly after 3:30 for awards.  This is a total weight event. Entry fees will be awarded at a 50%, 30%, 20% rate for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.  There may be some other prizes donated by generous participants.

8.  2015 Illinois licenses are fine through mid-April.  Don't forget a soft unhooking mat, a longhandled net, and an accurate scale, since some of us may be weighing on the honor system.

9.  If possible, please take photos of your catches and forward them to me within 24 hours.

10.  Good luck!  It should be a nice day.  I hope the carp cooperate. --Frank

"Spring Ahead -  Dennis Davis Memorial" Total Weight Carp Tournament
Saturday, March 12, 2016 
Joliet, IL

banner_davis_memorial_spring.jpg

13 anglers signed up so far:
Jameson Jagielski
Cory Bohmann
Chad Bettisch
Larry Seeman
Tihomir Apcir
Sdrjan Gazivoda
Zeljko Gazdic
Alex Jesovic
Chrisine Stout
Tony Stout
Fred Rhodes
Eddie Cobb

Frank Rink

I say that you Larry are the carp whisper. I don't know of anyone else  that can command a carp to jump out of the water for them like you do. It's great that someone got a rare pic of this phenomenon of fish jumping  up into your arms.... good job sir.