Carp Anglers Group Forums
(NY) AF Bob

2016 Kewaunne River WI CCC

4 hours ago, FJR1 said:

With a little over a week to go until the CAG Carp Classic in Kewaunee,  I'm asking if Lee, Jerome, AF Bob, Willem or someone in the know would please post a current list of those who will be attending CCC 2016?  I noticed provisions have been made for a tackle flea market, and I'm considering hauling stuff north if it stands any chance of changing hands.  Thanks, so much. --Frank
ccc_2016_logo_a.jpg

Frank I have extra room in my car to carry your goods, you don't happen to be selling a pod are you?

1 hour ago, Blacksheep said:

Frank I have extra room in my car to carry your goods, you don't happen to be selling a pod are you?

Thanks, Larry, but in perusing Jerome's list of those in attendance (thanks, Jerome, for posting the list), I noticed very few who might be in need of second-hand stuff; so, the Prius' squirrel-powered engine will be able to handle any gear I take.  The last pod I had available went to Chad B, but I noticed that skypod you were asking about on the B&S forum might be available :lol:.  See you at Kewaunee.  Best of luck to all. --Frank

4 hours ago, Jerome said:

Well, assuming I didn't miss something in those poorly formatted Paypal logs (grrr), here is the list of the folks who registered. A total of 20.

[...]

In addition, Tony and Christine Stout are coming, Bogdan (our CCC 2015 winner) told Bob he's coming, and Lee indicated that a few locals will sign-up at the event. Always hard to say how many people will sign up at the last minute, but I have to hope that we'll have at least 30 participants total.

PS. for those of you who don't know, our president (Bob Giordano) hurt his knee really bad, and has to see a surgeon on Aug 5th, so unfortunately he will not be able to attend.

Update: a few folks from Indiana will attend, and sign up at the event. Minimally Gilbert Huxley and a buddy, maybe more. 

I noticed the Facebook link to the Port o'Call does not work?

So here is the Address: 310 Milwaukee St, Kewaunee, WI 54216

Edited by Savayman

Total is getting close to 30... Updated list (folks registered on CAG Store):

Carver Hansen
Iain Sorrell
Chad Bettisch
Jaffar Hussain Syed
Phillip Davenport
Michal Gliksman
Jaroslaw Latka
Dave Moran
Richard Laubscher (x2)
Paul Scott
Robert Hall
Chris Reitan
Barry Howard
Dave Moore (x2)
Larry Seeman
Tony Donato
William Hodge
Dr. Francis Rink
Jerome Moisand

In addition, the following folks clearly indicated that they are coming and will register on-site:

Dave Hubbard
Gilbert Huxley + a few more folks from Indiana
Fred Rhodes
Eddie Cobb
Bogdan Bucur
Mihai Aciu
Paul Dinea
Ioan Iacob
Gruia Oltean

Two Questions:

1. As the CAG BOD have decreed this as a Buddy Weigh event, I'm wondering if Team Stout (Christine, Sydney, and Tony) and I can fish, too? I'm happy to be available to help with any problems or resolve any questions as guest official; if I don't get a call it would be fun to just pleasure fish? I'm sure Team Stout feel the same, and I'm sure none of us mind "being on call" if we are needed for advice/decisions, in our drawn Sections or other Sections. 

2. As there are so many Anglers not arriving until Saturday morning, I'm going to suggest I start the Peg Draw at 5:30am, in the order Anglers have signed up for the event (as posted by Jerome earlier). If everyone driving in on Saturday can arrive by 5:30am, and if Jerome & Tony take care of those Saturday sign-ups, we should have everyone drawn for their pegs by shortly after 6 and on their way to their pegs for the 7:00am start.

Draw Location is the Parking Lot opposite Lakehaven Hall, 96 Ellis St, Kewaunee, WI 54216, at 5:30am. This is also Section A, so some will have a VERY short drive to their pegs. 

Just a thought, have one weigh steward/ official per section. Which they can also fish in the CCC.

If needed I will help being a weigh steward and will not fish if need be. ---Larry

9 hours ago, Lee Young said:

Two Questions:

1. As the CAG BOD have decreed this as a Buddy Weigh event, I'm wondering if Team Stout (Christine, Sydney, and Tony) and I can fish, too? I'm happy to be available to help with any problems or resolve any questions as guest official; if I don't get a call it would be fun to just pleasure fish? I'm sure Team Stout feel the same, and I'm sure none of us mind "being on call" if we are needed for advice/decisions, in our drawn Sections or other Sections. 

2. As there are so many Anglers not arriving until Saturday morning, I'm going to suggest I start the Peg Draw at 5:30am, in the order Anglers have signed up for the event (as posted by Jerome earlier). If everyone driving in on Saturday can arrive by 5:30am, and if Jerome & Tony take care of those Saturday sign-ups, we should have everyone drawn for their pegs by shortly after 6 and on their way to their pegs for the 7:00am start.

Draw Location is the Parking Lot opposite Lakehaven Hall, 96 Ellis St, Kewaunee, WI 54216, at 5:30am. This is also Section A, so some will have a VERY short drive to their pegs. 

1.  The more the merrier.  It would be great if Lee, Sydney, Christine, and Tony could fish with the rest of us.  I do agree with Larry, though, to, perhaps, assign volunteer weigh "officials" to sections.  I'd be happy to volunteer if needed.

2.  Good idea for the draw order and a nice time saver.  I always wondered why draw order was such a big deal for some, especially since, statistically, there is no advantage to being first, last, or in-between when drawing pegs.

Thanks Frank & Larry, I definitely will be a "Buddy Weigh Volunteer" for those in my Section. If you two and me are all drawn in 3 different sections, that leaves only 1 other section needing a Volunteer; with Team Stout also volunteering to help, we should be in good shape with a few more Volunteers, with the option of neighboring Anglers to also weigh and record.

6 hours ago, Lee Young said:

Thanks Frank & Larry, I definitely will be a "Buddy Weigh Volunteer" for those in my Section. If you two and me are all drawn in 3 different sections, that leaves only 1 other section needing a Volunteer; with Team Stout also volunteering to help, we should be in good shape with a few more Volunteers, with the option of neighboring Anglers to also weigh and record.

I can act as "Buddy Weigh Volunteer" to gather score sheets at the end, and sort out any issue that may arise in my section. I do plan to fish (and also win!). So I expect neighboring anglers to weigh and record. If the venue delivers a lot of fish, this is by far the most efficient way to proceed. We did that at the ATC for ages, never had an issue.

PS. any participant who desires to fish has to register (click here), no exception. Not too late to do so... 

16 minutes ago, chris reitan said:

LOL, Larry.  If Jerome is settling for second, guess you are ok with third?

You can both tie for the second place, fine with me.

(and yes, Chris, I received your order for the t-shirts - which are in my car)

3 hours ago, Jerome said:

I can act as "Buddy Weigh Volunteer" to gather score sheets at the end, and sort out any issue that may arise in my section. I do plan to fish (and also win!). So I expect neighboring anglers to weigh and record. If the venue delivers a lot of fish, this is by far the most efficient way to proceed. We did that at the ATC for ages, never had an issue.

PS. any participant who desires to fish has to register (click here), no exception. Not too late to do so... 

I tried to register' but then I got dumped in PayPal No Man's Land... So, two questions:

1. I was intending to pay my $50 cash on Friday evening, if there is space available (as I don't have access to the list I have no way of knowing when I peg out on Friday afternoon how many people will actually show up on Friday night & Saturday morning). So, I may have to drop out if there aren't enough pegs for any unexpected arrivals? For example, I read earlier in the week that soemeone was showing up with "a couple of friends"... Do I allocate 2, 3, or more pegs for this group? If the "friends" can just show up on the day, without registering, apparently there already are exceptions being allowed, for some? 

2. What about the folks who want to sign up for CAG and the CCC (there's at least one that I know of); they can't register either? Will they now not be able to fish, because they couldn't register?

I'm just trying to be a good guest official; I don't want to put in too many pegs or not enough, as I'd like to make the event as fair as possible for each angler... Hard to complete this task with this objective when I'm still in the dark on exactly how many entrants are allowed. I can just place 40 pegs, but if only 33 or 34 show up, that's statistically likely to leave some anglers a long walk from a "buddy weigher", or one of the sections with a lot fewer anglers and thereby an advantage for the few pegged there? 

Lee, about your questions:

1. I published the list of registered attendees and unregistered/expected attendees on this post, with all the information I had. If you sign up (and/or Tony and crew), then this obviously adds more people. I just heard from Gilbert Huxley, he's coming but didn't find any buddy so far. You know everything I know, let's just be a bit flexible here.

2. As previously mentioned, I will take care of last-minute registrations (and yes, new CAG memberships), people just have to find me on Friday evening during the meet & greet.  If a couple of folks show up very last minute on Saturday morning, I'll be there early before the peg draw as you suggested. No clue why you had a Paypal issue, this usually works fine, but just pay me cash on Friday, and we'll be all set.

3. Yes, it would seem cautious to make more pegs than known attendees. If we have less participants, let's just drop some pegs in a roughly equal manner at the end of each section for the draw. Keep it simple!

2 hours ago, Jerome said:

Lee, about your questions:

1. I published the list of registered attendees and unregistered/expected attendees on this post, with all the information I had. If you sign up (and/or Tony and crew), then this obviously adds more people. I just heard from Gilbert Huxley, he's coming but didn't find any buddy so far. You know everything I know, let's just be a bit flexible here.

2. As previously mentioned, I will take care of last-minute registrations (and yes, new CAG memberships), people just have to find me on Friday evening during the meet & greet.  If a couple of folks show up very last minute on Saturday morning, I'll be there early before the peg draw as you suggested. No clue why you had a Paypal issue, this usually works fine, but just pay me cash on Friday, and we'll be all set.

3. Yes, it would seem cautious to make more pegs than known attendees. If we have less participants, let's just drop some pegs in a roughly equal manner at the end of each section for the draw. Keep it simple!

Thanks Jerome, and yes, I can run with the list you have quoted. I'm going to add a few extra pegs for A and D sections, so I can if necessary pull a few out early Saturday morning when we all have a clearer picture on how many anglers are actually attending. 

Frank, I'd appreciate (as a fellow tournament organizer) you double-checking that peg removal process with me at 5:30am on Saturday morning, please? I'd rather not make a mistake because I'm not totally awake at that time... And have a redraw situation on my hands... ;o)

I have several of the CAG Reuben Heaton scales with me.

We usually do a member scale calibration on the Friday evening to ensure there are no issues.

1 hour ago, Lee Young said:

Frank, I'd appreciate (as a fellow tournament organizer) you double-checking that peg removal process with me at 5:30am on Saturday morning, please? I'd rather not make a mistake because I'm not totally awake at that time... And have a redraw situation on my hands... ;o)

Lee-- Happy to help out where I can.  I'll be there. --Frank

Just a quick update, no additional information received about registered or would-be attendee. So let's run with what we have, and do minor adjustments as needs be.

As a side note, I stopped by the Port O'Call today, and confirmed dinner for Saturday for roughly 30 people (expected participants + volunteers). 

on my way from Alabama. driving straight to Kewaunee> just registered myself>

Here's the Map of the 2016 CCC Sections & Pegs. There may be subtle changes depending upon (a) how many Anglers actually show up, (b) any changes in forecast Saturday wind direction this afternoon, and (c) if I decide to squeeze a couple more pegs into deeper or shallower sections (depending upon size & numbers of fish I see while pegging out).

Last Reminders:

1. Travel Safe, and don't forget carp mat, scales, sling & tripod/monopod... and some rods, reels, and rigs might be useful, too?

2. Remember the 5 Gallon Pail Rule - whatever you want to throw in must fit inside a 5 Gallon Pail... after all, you want to CATCH the fish, not FEED them! :o)

3. 5:00pm at the Port o' Call, right on the haborside at beautiful downtown Kewaunee... a.k.a. Section A, Pegs 8, 9 & 10.

2016 Kewaunee CAG CCC Sections and Pegs - Final 08052016.jpg

enjoy yourself don't let some rules stop you if you already have reservations.... no one owns a body of water there's no reason you cant just fish next to a friend if your friend allows you to i would think. At the end be courteous to other anglers around you. 

everyone else good luck  enjoy yourselfs good luck i hope you all haul!!!! 

Me and my brother would've gone BUT we have to work this weekend:angry::angry::angry::angry: