Carp Anglers Group Forums
Tony Locke

beyond boilies, hair rigs, pop-ups!!

Tony, I had seen this before, but when carp anglers talk about "squid" they don't refer to the real thing, but about squid flavor.

If that is what you were referring to?

No ...getting a drone to go and put floating crust out where the carp are!

Not that I am serious...but the possibility of spotting and then getting a bait out where the carp are using a drone ...well I bet somebody has done it or will try it soon!

Amazing.  Maybe not so much for carp  but I've used kyacks, zodiacs, wind, strong tides to get baits 300 - 400 yards off shore. The idea of a drone taking it out in a matter of minutes without having to sweat or eat water is outstanding.  Leave it to a kid to think that up..........

I'm going to get a RC boat at some point. Will allow me to pinpoint drop my rig, guaranteed tangle free and steathly like, no loud noise of big weight with a giant ball of method hitting the water.

I tried using my drone with a pva string holding a bag.not a good idea. I was able dissolve the string and drop the bag but the leftover string caused a mess.  Lucky I was in 2 feet of water and hit the drone to drop on the bank.

By the way, I have a parrot bebop2 drone for sale :)

Is this any different than using a kite for fishing offshore?  I get two bass fishing magazines each month.  It is amazing to see the electronics used to find bass.  They scan up, down, sideways, GPS to locate structure and fish.  I'm surprised that they don't tell the weight so the angler can determine if it's worth catching.  I don't fish for bass anymore.  Carp are much bigger.

With my luck, the drone would fizzle out over the water.  Even if you could reel it in, electronics and water don't mix.  Especially if it's salt water.  Had the same experience- cell phone immersed in a swimming pool.  Me?  I'll stick to the old fashioned way of catching fish- TNT. :bonk:

Me too! Not sure why I set the boundaries I do, but to me this would be cheating...like using depth finders, fish locators. Maybe this is why I have yet to get a GA or TN carp over 25lb. BUT wouldn't it be great to use it to see if there were cruising big carp out there!

Don't own a drone nor do I plan to buy one.  However, I could see advantages to using one to carry and position baits at long distances (distance + accuracy).  PLUS an angler wouldn't need a pool-cue rod to get his bait out there.