Carp Anglers Group Forums

Just watched the weather. The prediction of 100+ degrees on Friday and close to that Saturday. Good call Frank! I will be back from Canada by 8/27 and should be able to make it. Sign me up. See you then and hopefully with fish and carper friendly temperatures. Later

8 hours ago, bailybird said:

Cory's in

8 hours ago, bailybird said:

Cory Jr  in

8 hours ago, CHIBIGTEE said:

Just watched the weather. The prediction of 100+ degrees on Friday and close to that Saturday. Good call Frank! I will be back from Canada by 8/27 and should be able to make it. Sign me up. See you then and hopefully with fish and carper friendly temperatures. Later

July 23 "Dog Days of Summer" Tournament re-scheduled to August 27!
The 8/27/16 event will be limited to 20 anglers!  First come, first served.
Please sign again on this thread to register for the August 27 tournament at Kewanee, IL.

Thanks, Cory, Cory, Jr., and Tracy!  Cory Bohmann, Cory Bohmann, Jr., and Tracy Jourdan are back in for August 27!

Anglers registered to attend August 27 "Dog Days of Summer" Tournament at Johnson-Sauk Trail Lake in Kewanee, IL:

1.  Frank Rink
2.  Dave Marceau
3.  Larry Seeman
4.  Grahame Johnston
5.  Chad Bettisch
6.  James Kraft
7.  Jim Snyder

8.   Paul Hennenfent
9.   Bobby Hennenfent
10.  Cory Bohmann
11.  Cory Bohmann, Jr.
12.  Tracy
Jourdan

8 spots remain!

55 minutes ago, getdanet said:

Please sign again on this thread to register for the August 27 tournament at Kewanee, IL.

Thank you, Fred, Eddie, and Robert!  Fred Rhodes, Eddie Cobb, and Robert Kraft are back in for August 27!

Anglers registered to attend August 27 "Dog Days of Summer" Tournament at Johnson-Sauk Trail Lake in Kewanee, IL:

1.  Frank Rink
2.  Dave Marceau
3.  Larry Seeman
4.  Grahame Johnston
5.  Chad Bettisch
6.  James Kraft
7.  Jim Snyder

8.   Paul Hennenfent
9.   Bobby Hennenfent
10.  Cory Bohmann
11.  Cory Bohmann, Jr.
12.  Tracy
Jourdan
13.  Fred Rhodes
14.  Eddie Cobb
15.  Robert Kraft

Just 5 spots remain!

Srdjan Gazivoda, Zeljko Gazdic, Tihomir Apcir, and Slavko Cuk  are back in for August 27.  Thank you, gentlemen!

1.  Frank Rink
2.  Dave Marceau
3.  Larry Seeman
4.  Grahame Johnston
5.  Chad Bettisch
6.  James Kraft
7.  Jim Snyder

8.   Paul Hennenfent
9.   Bobby Hennenfent
10.  Cory Bohmann
11.  Cory Bohmann, Jr.
12.  Tracy
Jourdan
13.  Fred Rhodes
14.  Eddie Cobb
15.  Robert Kraft
16.  Srdjan Gazivoda
17.  Zeljko Gazdic
18.  Tihomir Apcir
19.  Slavko Cuk

That didn't take long.  Just one opening remains.

1 hour ago, chris reitan said:

Hello Frank.  I will fish.

Thank you, Chris!  Chris Reitan is back in for August 27!

Registration for this event is now closed!  Here is the final list of anglers registered to attend August 27 "Dog Days of Summer" Tournament at Johnson-Sauk Trail Lake in Kewanee, IL:

1.  Frank Rink
2.  Dave Marceau
3.  Larry Seeman
4.  Grahame Johnston
5.  Chad Bettisch
6.  James Kraft
7.  Jim Snyder

8.   Paul Hennenfent
9.   Bobby Hennenfent
10.  Cory Bohmann
11.  Cory Bohmann, Jr.
12.  Tracy
Jourdan
13.  Fred Rhodes
14.  Eddie Cobb
15.  Robert Kraft
16.  Srdjan Gazivoda
17.  Zeljko Gazdic
18.  Tihomir Apcir
19.  Slavko Cuk
20.  Chris Reitan

That didn't take long.  Registration is closed.  We are full.  Thanks to all who signed up.  See you on August 27. --Frank

Well, nobody called from Kewanee last Saturday wondering when the tournament would be starting, so everyone, evidently, got the word that we would cancel due to heat.  I thought it interesting that prior to the cancellation I received more notes of concern about the fish as compared to the anglers and how they would handle the heat.  The forecast did come to fruition with heat indices of close to 110°, so I am glad we postponed for the sake of humans and fish.

In light of that concern for carp, I am going to slightly tweak the rules for the August 27 event.  I ask that all tournament participants pull lines from 12:30 until 1:00 p.m.  It will be a good time for lunch and to take a break.  If you forget to pull lines at that time and catch a fish, it will not count.  During that break time, I will jump in my car and visit all anglers who are not within walking distance of my peg.  I will weigh any fish that you have in your keepsack, so you may release them and have an empty sack for the 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. portion of the tournament.  Thanks and best of luck. --Frank

LOL, Frank.  You must understand.  Dead fish equals 0 dollars.  Dead people equals big dollars.  I have yet to find a policy that pays out on losses resulting from dead fish.  

Jokes aside, rescheduling was the right thing to do. Both from the Osteichthyes and the Homo Saipan standpoint.  

Looking forward to a beautiful Saturday with peg draw temps ~60 and a high of ~80.  A much needed break in this heat for both man and fish

The 8/27/16 event will be limited to 22 anglers!  First come, first served.

Registration for this event is now closed!  Here is the final list of anglers registered to attend August 27 "Dog Days of Summer" Tournament at Johnson-Sauk Trail Lake in Kewanee, IL:

1.  Frank Rink
2.  Dave Marceau
3.  Larry Seeman
4.  Grahame Johnston
5.  Chad Bettisch
6.  James Kraft
7.  Jim Snyder

8.   Paul Hennenfent
9.   Bobby Hennenfent
10.  Cory Bohmann
11.  Cory Bohmann, Jr.
12.  Tracy
 Jourdan
13.  Fred Rhodes
14.  Eddie Cobb
15.  Robert Kraft
16.  Srdjan Gazivoda
17.  Zeljko Gazdic
18.  Tihomir Apcir
19.  Slavko Cuk
20.  Chris Reitan
21.  Paul Scott
22.  Tony Donato

That didn't take long.  Registration is closed.  We are full.  Thanks to all who signed up.  See you on August 27. --Frank

2 hours ago, CARPWACKER said:

Hey Frank I have to drop out for the 27th and let Paul Zucca-Scott take my place,Thanks

Thanks for the notice, Robert.  Sorry you can't make it.  Paul was already in as angler #21; and actually I'm concerned about the weeds at the lake, so we won't be adding another opening.  Take care. --Frank

Thank you to the Illinois anglers who attended CAG's annual CCC (CAG Carp Classic) in Kewaunee, Wisconsin last weekend.  Illinois had, by far, the most participants of all the states represented.  Thank you for your support of CAG!
ccc_2016_logo_a.jpg

During discussion at the CCC in Wisconsin, several of you still expressed concerns about bagging fish and waiting for me to weigh them during our August 27 event.  I hear you.  I am going to appeal to the honor and fair-play of all of you and go back to the witness system of weighing, so fish can be returned to the water almost immediately.  Or, I might ask for volunteers to serve as participating weigh stewards.  Please weigh accurately and make sure the record fairly reflects what you catch.  Thanks.
DOG_DAYS_banner_082716.jpg

Sign up for our September 24, 2016 ICFN “K-Town Fall 40’s Welcome to Fall” Big 4 Carp Tournament at Johnson-Sauk Trail Lake in Kewanee, IL will begin after the August 27 event.  The same rules and time-frame that will be used for August 27 will apply to September 24 other than the fact that the 9/24 event will be a Big 4 format.  At least four anglers will be needed to make that event a reality.  Thanks. --Frank

Here is the final list of anglers registered to attend the August 27 "Dog Days of Summer" Tournament at Johnson-Sauk Trail Lake in Kewanee, IL:

1.  Frank Rink
2.  Dave Marceau
3.  Larry Seeman
4.  Grahame Johnston
5.  Chad Bettisch
6.  James Kraft
7.  Jim Snyder

8.   Paul Hennenfent
9.   Bobby Hennenfent
10.  Cory Bohmann
11.  Cory Bohmann, Jr.
12.  Tracy
 Jourdan
13.  Fred Rhodes
14.  Eddie Cobb
15.  Tony Donato
16.  Srdjan Gazivoda
17.  Zeljko Gazdic
18.  Tihomir Apcir
19.  Slavko Cuk
20.  Chris Reitan
21.  Paul Scott

Registration is closed.  We are full.  Thanks to all who signed up.  See you on August 27. --Frank

For anyone wishing to participate in upcoming events, here's a list of tournaments for the remaining months of 2016.  Good luck to all!:
icfn_banner_wcff.jpg

August 27, 2016 Johnson-Sauk Trail Lake, Kewanee, IL) - Illinois Carp Fishing News (ICFN) “Dog Days of Summer” Big 3 Carp Tournament
dog_days_banner.jpg

September 24, 2016 (Johnson-Sauk Trail Lake, Kewanee, IL) - ICFN “K-Town Fall 40’s Welcome to Fall” Big 4 Carp Tournament
joliet_2012_092212_banner.jpg

October 15, 2016  (DesPlaines River, Joliet, IL) - ICFN “J-Town Fall 40’s Autumn Colors” Big 4 Carp Tournament
joliet_2012_101312_banner.jpg

November 12, 2016 (DesPlaines River, Joliet, IL) - ICFN “J-Town Fall 40’s Honor the Vets” Big 4 Carp Tournament
hono_vets_tournament_banner.jpg

November 26, 2016 (DesPlaines River, Joliet, IL) - ICFN “J-Town Fall 40’s Paul Wells Memorial Thanksgiving” Big 4 Carp Tournament
joliet_fall2013_paul_wells_banner.jpg

December 10, 2016 (DesPlaines River, Joliet, IL) - ICFN “J-Town Fall 40’s Sam Snow Memorial Holiday” Big 4 Carp Tournament
banner_sam_snow_memorial_carp.jpg

Note - Liability insurance has already been acquired for the 2016 Joliet events. IDNR Tournament approval will be acquired for any of the Illinois events that Larry Seeman or I host. City of Joliet approval has been acquired for any of the scheduled Joliet, IL tournaments/events.

Plus, don't forget to ring in 2017 right by participating in CAG's First Fishing Folly (FFF) on January 1, 2017 at venues across the world!
fff2017_logo.jpg

Frank you can just automatically  sign me up for each event. Looking forward  to them as usual. 

3 hours ago, Chad said:

Frank you can just automatically  sign me up for each event. Looking forward  to them as usual. 

Thanks, so much, Chad! :yourock:

That means there are two of us for each event, halfway to the four anglers that will be required to hold these tournaments.  Much appreciated. --Frank

Chad Bettisch is in for the August, September, October, November, and December 2016 "J-Town/K-Town" Tournaments!
11230586_904055769651849_1933398535166528521_n.jpg

dog_days_banner.jpg

I'm going to slightly tweak entry fees for 2016.  To give more anglers an opportunity to participate and to reduce the pressure to finish "in the money," all of my remaining 2016 events will feature an entry fee of $20.  Nobody is going to get rich or poor at these events, and it's more about the fishing anyway.  Payout will be 50%, 30%, 20% for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd if there are six or more anglers participating.  It will be 60%-40% for 1-2 if there are five or fewer anglers entered.

For those who want a little more skin in the game and because all of the 2016 events are Big 3 or Big 4 contests, I'll conduct, at each event, a $10 optional side-pot for most carp caught with a 60%-40% payout for places 1 and 2.  I've reduced my inventory of carp gear that I don't us, but I'll try to come up with a bait or tackle prize at each session for a contest category that I'll announce at peg draw or on the sign-up post. Good luck. --Frank

Due to overtime at work I have to bow out of this event. Massive overtime through Aug,  65 hr weeks. It sucks but the money is good! LOL

Sorry

8 hours ago, Blacksheep said:

Due to overtime at work I have to bow out of this event. Massive overtime through Aug,  65 hr weeks. It sucks but the money is good! LOL

Sorry

No problem, Larry.  Thank you for the advanced notice.  Stay cool out there.

Here is the list of anglers registered to attend the August 27 "Dog Days of Summer" Tournament at Johnson-Sauk Trail Lake in Kewanee, IL:

1.  Frank Rink
2.  Dave Marceau
3.  Paul Scott
4.  Grahame Johnston
5.  Chad Bettisch
6.  James Kraft
7.  Jim Snyder

8.   Paul Hennenfent
9.   Bobby Hennenfent
10.  Cory Bohmann
11.  Cory Bohmann, Jr.
12.  Tracy
 Jourdan
13.  Fred Rhodes
14.  Eddie Cobb
15.  Tony Donato
16.  Srdjan Gazivoda
17.  Zeljko Gazdic
18.  Tihomir Apcir
19.  Slavko Cuk
20.  Chris Reitan

Thanks to all who signed up.  See you on August 27. --Frank
dog_days_banner.jpg

Free CAG Membership Offer

At CAG's yearly meeting, held on August 6, 2016 in Kewaunee, Wisconsin, some concern was expressed about membership numbers in the organizaton.  

To help address that concern and since Illinois is consistently among the leaders in the nation relative to CAG membership, I am making the following offer for any touraments I organize during the last five months of 2016:  I will award funds for a CAG membership to the angler who has never been a CAG member and who finishes first among that subset of anglers participating in any of my tournaments.  

The only condition is that I must see that you are a CAG member within one month of the funds being awarded.  If the top finishing angler is not interested in CAG membership, the $25 membership fee will be awarded to the next placing individual.

This offer begins with the August 27 event at Johnson - Sauk Trail Lake and concludes with the December 10 Sam Snow Memorial Tournament in Joliet.  Good luck. --Frank

CAGlogo.jpg

sauk_venue_a_080913.jpg

The weather has finally returned from hot and humid to sunny but pleasant, and Saturday will be no exception as we are five days from the August 27 "Dog Days of Summer" event at Kewanee's Sauk Trail State Park.
DOG_DAYS_banner_082716.jpg

Here are a few reminders (and changes from the originally planned event):

1.  The field is full.  Here is the list of anglers registered to attend the August 27 "Dog Days of Summer" Tournament at Johnson-Sauk Trail Lake in Kewanee, IL:

1.  Frank Rink
2.  Dave Marceau
3.  Paul Scott
4.  Grahame Johnston
5.  Chad Bettisch
6.  James Kraft
7.  Jim Snyder

8.   Paul Hennenfent
9.   Bobby Hennenfent
10.  Cory Bohmann
11.  Cory Bohmann, Jr.
12.  Tracy
 Jourdan
13.  Fred Rhodes
14.  Eddie Cobb
15.  Tony Donato
16.  Srdjan Gazivoda
17.  Zeljko Gazdic
18.  Tihomir Apcir
19.  Slavko Cuk
20.  Chris Reitan

2.  Fish may be weighed via the buddy system or by designated weigh officials (to be determined at peg draw).

3.  $20 entry fee with a Big 3 event payout of 50%-30%-20% and medals to the top 3 anglers.

4.  $10 optional competition for most carp caught.  60%-40% payout and medals for top two anglers in this category.

5.  Special category contest to be announced at peg draw.  Prize will be a medal and a small bait/tackle item.

6.  $25 for CAG membership to the top placing angler who has never been a CAG member.

7.  Draw will be for order of peg choice (draw order determined by who arrives first and so on).  The entire lake is open, but you must be at least 10 paces away from another competitor.

8.  You may move to another location at anytime during the event.  One move is allowed.  You must still be 10 paces away from another competitor.

9.  Peg choice is at 6:15 a.m. sharp at the parking lot designated in the original post.

10.  Fishing is from 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.

11.  You must play your own fish.  Anyone may net your carp.

12.  A site waiver and an Illinois tournament series waiver must be signed prior to peg choice.

13.  Two rods are allowed.  Chumming may not begin until 7:00 a.m.

14.  Practice safe handling practices with wet weigh slings and soft unhooking mats/sites.  Fish must be released in good shape to count.

15.  Accuweather is calling for a high of 80° and slight SSE winds.  The low will be 63°

Thanks to all who signed up.  See you on August 27.  Good luck! --Frank
dog_days_banner.jpg