Carp Anglers Group Forums
Shehbaz Khan

First carp!!! 30 inches 13.5 lbs! - Sudbury River, MA

Yesterday, June 20th, two weeks into my Carp fishing career without a single take, I finally got a one from a 30 inch, 13.51 pound common carp. I was fishing the in the Sudbury in a mucky area. The best part about it? I got the entire fight on my gopro! I couldn't get any proper photos but here is the video:

I haven't seen that much mud on a video in a while. Hopefully you pick up some carp care skills over time. Nice capture though.

First off, I really like your energy and enthusiasm. Secondly, I would like to offer some suggestions. First off, when fighting the fish place your right hand on the forearm grip (above the reel) this will give you much more control. Secondly, pump and wind. Most of your cranking on that reel was for nothing as you were not gaining on the fish at all. Lastly, carp care is an important aspect of what we do. Do a bit of research and I am sure you will find some good tips. 

Thanks for sharing your video and welcome to CAG. Tight lines! 

I think that's one of the funniest videos I have ever seen 

Love your enthusiasm!  I remember the insane sense of accomplishment i had at my first capture....  Thanks for sharing.  You really put a smile on my face!

Ten years from now you will watch this video and see all the things you could have done better...  and it will make you laugh all over again!

Keep posting and dont be afraid to reach out for helpful advice. :)

Rick

This fish (and yourself) got a really good mud bath... Very healthy (supposedly!). 

Congrats on the 1st catch, this is the hardest. Yeah, the Sudbury river is a bit tricky, not much access with proper depth and limited boat annoyance.