Carp Anglers Group Forums
Jerome

CCC 2016 Results

Section winners (big 4): Bogdan Bucur, Fred Rhodes, Frank Rink

First fish, Total-weight: Frank Rink

Carp King (big fish): Fred Rhodes

Carp Princess (junior, big fish): Sydney Stout

North America Carp Champion (big 4): Tony Stout

Many thanks to coordinators (Lee Young, Tony Stout) and helpers (Lee's wife, Frank Rink, Bill Hodge).

Many thanks to sponsors: BCT, Carp Kit, K-1 Bait, Marukyu, Saxon Tackle, Trilogy, Wackerbait, WCB.

And to the Kewaunee Chamber of Commerce, and the operators of the Port O'Call restaurant. 

Thank you for a lively update, Frank. And for your help with the t-shirts, we sold them all!

VP Iain was taking pics during the awards ceremony, I hope he'll post some here. 

Thank you, Jerome, for the results.

Thank you, CAG, for providing the opportunity to participate in yet another enjoyable CCC, this time in picturesque Kewaunee, Wisconsin.

It’s always great to see members of the CAG Board of Directors attend the event, so kudos and thanks to Jerome Moisand, Iain Sorrell, Barry Howard, and Tony Stout for your attendance.  Thank you, also, for the concise and open annual plenary meeting.

Huge thanks to tournament organizers Lee Young, Patty Young, Tony Stout, Christine Stout, Jerome Moisand, and crew for the information, communication, and efforts with a well-run event.

Big thanks to our generous CAG sponsors for your continual support of CAG activities and donations to the CCC prize list:  Big Carp Tackle (David M., Zach T.), K-1 Baits (Mihai A.,Bogdan B., Paul D., Ioan “Jacob” J.), Saxon Tackle (Iain S.)., World Classic Baits (Ernest K, Magda L.), Trilogy baits (Rob P.), Carp Kit International (Simon S.), Wacker Baits (Munenori K.), and anyone else I may have missed during the announcement of sponsors (sometimes it’s hard for me to understand everything Jerome is saying :P). 
iain_ridge_monkey.jpg 

Thanks, also, to the Port o Call restaurant for the use of their facility and to the City of Kewaunee for its hospitality!
lighthouse_kewaunee_a_051516.jpg

Thanks to Jerome Moisand, Bob Giordano and others for quickly putting together the CCC coins and tee-shirts and to Barry Howard and Bob Allen for hauling all that stuff to the CCC!
CCC_Coin_heads.jpg
ccc_coin_tails.jpg
ccc_shirt_back.jpg

Hearty congratulations to two most deserving anglers, Tony Stout (2016 North American Carp Champion/Big 4 winner at 45+) and Fred Rhodes (2016 Carp King/Big Fish at 17+).  It’s always a pleasure fishing with both of you!

Congrats to winners Bogdan Bucur (section), Sydney Wade (jr. big fish at 15+), and Fred Rhodes (section) (all very deserving anglers).

Thanks to the 35+ participating anglers for your loyalty to CAG and for your attendance.  It’s always great fishing with you.

I don’t think the Kewaunee venue came close to showing its true potential at this year’s CCC, as I believe the bigger fish were back to Lake Michigan and the river fish were in some kind of transition due to water temperature issues.  However, fish were still caught.  

I had the good fortune to draw a very lucky peg this year and win a few prizes for first fish (7:29 a.m.), high total weight (78-9), and second place in the Big 4 event (42-12).   Thanks to peg-mates Dave Hubbard and Chad Bettisch for your generosity.  Thanks, also, to CAG for putting together some nice trophies and prizes.
trophies.jpg

This marks the third time I've had a Big 4 second-place finish at a CAG CCC, having been beaten by Larry Seeman at Chicago in 2012, Phil Davenport at Indianapolis in 2014, and Tony Stout at Kewaunee in 2016.  In addition, we all tied for second with 0 to Bogdan Bucur and his 37+ CCC record catch at Galesburg in 2015.  I'm not complaining about the bridesmaid finishes, though, as I’m happy to concede to and congratulate all four of those outstanding North American Carp Champions.

Thanks, again, for a fun weekend.  I hope CAG continues this enjoyable tradition!  —Frank Rink
frank_9+_090516.jpg
frank_1203_081516.jpg

1 hour ago, FJR1 said:

Thank you, Jerome, for the results.

Thank you, CAG, for providing the opportunity to participate in yet another enjoyable CCC, this time in picturesque Kewaunee, Wisconsin.

It’s always great to see members of the CAG Board of Directors attend the event, so kudos and thanks to Jerome Moisand, Iain Sorrell, Barry Howard, and Tony Stout for your attendance.  Thank you, also, for the concise and open annual plenary meeting.

Huge thanks to tournament organizers Lee Young, Patty Young, Tony Stout, Christine Stout, Jerome Moisand, and crew for the information, communication, and efforts with a well-run event.

Big thanks to our generous CAG sponsors for your continual support of CAG activities and donations to the CCC prize list:  Big Carp Tackle (David M., Zach T.), K-1 Baits (Mihai A.,Bogdan B., Paul D., Ioan “Jacob” J.), Saxon Tackle (Iain S.)., World Classic Baits (Ernest K, Magda L.), Trilogy baits (Rob P.), Carp Kit International (Simon S.), Wacker Baits (Munenori K.), and anyone else I may have missed during the announcement of sponsors (sometimes it’s hard for me to understand everything Jerome is saying :P). 
iain_ridge_monkey.jpg 

Thanks, also, to the Port o Call restaurant for the use of their facility and to the City of Kewaunee for its hospitality!
lighthouse_kewaunee_a_051516.jpg

Thanks to Jerome Moisand, Bob Giordano and others for quickly putting together the CCC coins and tee-shirts and to Barry Howard and Bob Allen for hauling all that stuff to the CCC!
CCC_Coin_heads.jpg
ccc_coin_tails.jpg
ccc_shirt_back.jpg

Hearty congratulations to two most deserving anglers, Tony Stout (2016 North American Carp Champion/Big 4 winner at 45+) and Fred Rhodes (2016 Carp King/Big Fish at 17+).  It’s always a pleasure fishing with both of you!

Congrats to winners Bogdan Bucur (section), Sydney Wade (jr. big fish at 15+), and Fred Rhodes (section) (all very deserving anglers).

Thanks to the 35+ participating anglers for your loyalty to CAG and for your attendance.  It’s always great fishing with you.

I don’t think the Kewaunee venue came close to showing its true potential at this year’s CCC, as I believe the bigger fish were back to Lake Michigan and the river fish were in some kind of transition due to water temperature issues.  However, fish were still caught.  

I had the good fortune to draw a very lucky peg this year and win a few prizes for first fish (7:29 a.m.), high total weight (78-9), and second place in the Big 4 event (42-12).   Thanks to peg-mates Dave Hubbard and Chad Bettisch for your generosity.  Thanks, also, to CAG for putting together some nice trophies and prizes.
trophies.jpg

This marks the third time I've had a Big 4 second-place finish at a CAG CCC, having been beaten by Larry Seeman at Chicago in 2012, Phil Davenport at Indianapolis in 2014, and Tony Stout at Kewaunee in 2016.  In addition, we all tied for second with 0 to Bogdan Bucur and his 37+ CCC record catch at Galesburg in 2015.  I'm not complaining about the bridesmaid finishes, though, as I’m happy to concede to and congratulate all four of those outstanding North American Carp Champions.

Thanks, again, for a fun weekend.  I hope CAG continues this enjoyable tradition!  —Frank Rink
frank_9+_090516.jpg
frank_1203_081516.jpg

may be next year frank - u be no more 2nd place finisher...

BTW what was the biggest fish caught or Winning total weight?

2 minutes ago, Jaffar Syed said:

BTW what was the biggest fish caught or Winning total weight?

Fred's winning fish was 17-2lb. And Sydney wasn't far behind, at 15-12lb.

There are MUCH bigger fish in those waters from Wisconsin, but they were apparently wise enough to not show up during the event... A couple of 40s were caught a few weeks ago near the pegs where Tony and Sydney were fishing. I'd venture to bet that those wise biggies had a blast on free food last night! 

thank you everyone, thank you lee young for hosting this years ccc. the last time i even placed was in 1997. but it was worth the wait and suprise and snapped 15 foot float rod, ha ha.....fred

Great event and thanks to all those who helped support and make it happen.

I drove 1100 miles each way and blanked... but can't wait to go back!

2 hours ago, Savayman said:

Great event and thanks to all those who helped support and make it happen.

I drove 1100 miles each way and blanked... but can't wait to go back!

Many thanks for doing so, Iain. Your help and leadership were much appreciated. Oh, and translation skills too... How do you say 'belt buckle' again? ;-)

I fished a couple of days before and after the event in five different locations, and although I had some pretty good days (and a couple of bad ones), all fish were small. Seems that the biggies went to the main lake. I was impressed to meet numerous people on the bank who either fish for carp, or knew what I was doing. Carp fishing in Wisconsin definitely seems much more developed than in most places. I'd love to come back in the fall.

Jerome & Iain, you are welcome back in the Fall, or whenever your travels take you across that MI, MN, or IL Border... Into Carp Paradise. 

I'm not sure how many good fish were enjoying themselves in that 70 plus degree jacuzzi we fished on Saturday, but here's a fine fish that my "underworked netsman" Alex caught on Sunday morning.

image.jpg

I blanked in the classic but, I was fortunate  enough to land a few on Sunday in Sheboygan. So, at least my 1st trip to fish in Wisconsin at landed me a 20# plus fish. 

2016-08-10 02.52.03.jpg

Here are the prizes as awarded.

If the winners indicated with a * will please PM me their email address I will forward you the appropriate tackle / bait voucher.

Section winners (big 4):

*Bogdan Bucur: Carp Kit $75 & Wacker $25

*Fred Rhodes: K-1 $75 & Marukyu $25

* Frank Rink: Trilogy $75 & Wacker $25

First fish Marukyu $25 & Total-weight: * Frank Rink: World Classic Bait $75 & RidgeMonkey Toaster Grill (received)

Carp King (big fish): * Fred Rhodes: Wacker $25

Carp Princess (junior, big fish): * Sydney Stout: Wacker $25

North America Carp Champion (big 4): Tony Stout  BCT Products (Value $130) & RidgeMonkey DuoLite (received)

Many Thanks to the Carp Anglers Group, who donated some raffle funds raised to Team USA 2016 Carp Squad.

I will be putting this donation towards the purchase of Team USA Carp Squad Caps. We will have something to keep off the French Sun (hopefully!) during the daylight hours of the World Carp Fishing Championships, and a keepsake to give to our new French Friends (gifts for Sector Officials & Weigh Teams) at the end.