Carp Anglers Group Forums
FJR1

Sept. 3 Event APPROVED! Sign up here!

Here are photos of my personal best (18 # 0 ounces) and personal least (11 ounces).  Thanks for organizing a fun day, Dr. Frank Rink!

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

Thank you, James, for the kind words.  Congrats on your catches and hope to see you soon. --Frank

I was asked at Kewanee about upcoming Joliet, IL Tournaments.  I have posted those several times on the CAG forum, but here they are again.  --Frank

October 15, 2016  (DesPlaines River, Joliet, IL) - ICFN “J-Town Fall 40’s Autumn Colors” Big 4 Carp Tournament
joliet_2012_101312_banner.jpg

November 12, 2016 (DesPlaines River, Joliet, IL) - ICFN “J-Town Fall 40’s Honor the Vets” Big 4 Carp Tournament
hono_vets_tournament_banner.jpg

November 26, 2016 (DesPlaines River, Joliet, IL) - ICFN “J-Town Fall 40’s Paul Wells Memorial Thanksgiving” Big 4 Carp Tournament
joliet_fall2013_paul_wells_banner.jpg

December 10, 2016 (DesPlaines River, Joliet, IL) - ICFN “J-Town Fall 40’s Sam Snow Memorial Holiday” Big 4 Carp Tournament
banner_sam_snow_memorial_carp.jpg

Note - Liability insurance has already been acquired for the 2016 Joliet events. IDNR Tournament approval will be acquired for any of the Illinois events that Larry Seeman or I host. City of Joliet approval has been acquired for any of the 2016 scheduled Joliet, IL tournaments/events.

Plus, don't forget to ring in 2017 right by participating in CAG's First Fishing Folly (FFF) on January 1, 2017 at venues across the world!
fff2017_logo.jpg

Since my last day as a CAG member is this Friday And Frank graciously gets the permits for my event. So please watch for announcements early 2017 for the Annual 5 Bridges tournament. Please look on Facebook.

"Illinois carp fishing news" _____Larry

1 hour ago, Blacksheep said:

Since my last day as a CAG member is this Friday And Frank graciously gets the permits for my event. So please watch for announcements early 2017 for the Annual 5 Bridges tournament. Please look on Facebook.

"Illinois carp fishing news" _____Larry

Larry--I'm all set with Joliet events through the end of 2016, but, with the increasing costs of liability insurance and increasing, prohibitive costs of medals, I'm considering taking a break from hosting Joliet events in 2017.  The City of Joliet continues to require insurance rather than a simple waiver of liabilty, and I'm thinking other venues, although farther away, are more "organizer friendly."  I don't mean to put a damper on your Five Bridges event as it's the best out there, but, if you hold it, you may have the responsibility for and cost of insurance, Joliet permission, and IDNR permission.  I'd be happy to share my current insurance carrier and Joliet contacts should you wish to move forward with Five Bridges. --Frank

Thanks as always Frank, no hurry but yes I would like the run down as to how about getting permit and Insurance.

You deserve taking a break from all the events you run so well. See you on the 24th.------Larry.

56 minutes ago, Blacksheep said:

Thanks as always Frank, no hurry but yes I would like the run down as to how about getting permit and Insurance.

You deserve taking a break from all the events you run so well. See you on the 24th.------Larry.

Larry--The most reasonable liability event insurance I have found that covers Joliet requirements is at https://www.theeventhelper.com  

The Joliet contact for tournament permitting is Deanna Opsahl.  You can seek permits by e-mailing her at dopsahl@jolietcity.org

Best of luck. --Frank