Carp Anglers Group Forums
Tony Locke

GA rivers hotting up

Generally here in GA I find that my success on the rivers starts hotting up in late February, reaches  peak in March and then progressively deteriorates as the  year progresses until  September when it peaks for a few weeks before tailing off again. For some reason this year has been a  little different in that the  first peak was in April and September was a  bit of a disaster. This September, my diaries show  3 or 4 runs per 3 hour session from carp in the 5-9lb range, which is small even by GA standards. Now as October is well underway I am  getting 12-15 runs per 3 hour session with quite a smattering of doubles  gracing the  net. I assume the reason for this is the hotter and drier than normal late summer, but whatever the reason, I hope it lasts into November. 

I took a friend  who is a novice angler and certainly novice with respect to carp..and here he is with an 11.5lb carp caught over the weekend

Roll on next weekend is all I can say!

IMG_20161015_0903556_rewind (1).jpg