Carp Anglers Group Forums

FFF 2017 - Post ALL Carp Entries/Captures Here!

FJR1

That's a good start, so far!  Ten FFF 2017 anglers have posted 21 carp totalling 186 pounds.  That's an 8-14 average.

Keep them coming.  Every and all fishing award entries must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Wednesday, January 4, 2017.  

large.fff2017_logo.jpg.dfca3285d5baf93e11b7413709bf4ec3.jpg.76cae2bb90aa641e5ee4d61cfebfe806.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as my cousin would say, The gods are against us!  Why does it always rain for the FFF?  Had to take a pass again as it rained all day.  Either a mist or just a shower. I had just gotten over a bug a few days ago so I didn't want to take a chance on a relapse.  The weather is calling for rain for the next two days then clearing but colder.  Is there no justice?  I might not catch the first fish of 2017 but it would be the first carp for me.  Will see what  this week brings.

Was telling the wife about the 1,000 carp in 2016.

Soooo, I didn't catch a carp, I didn't catch anything other than a cold..  But, trust me when I say I spent two hours with my line freezing to the ice along with my three pieces of sweeeeet corn only to lose the corn as I pulled the rig off the ice getting slapped in the nose, in the process, by a now barren hook.

All the while, my brother MoCarper, hooked a 8 pound 9 ounce common carp - both of us running - me to take photos - him to get the fish back in the water immediately in total darkness while trying not to slip on the ice or go swimming after  falling through the ice....

My ten year old son went as well - against my wife's wishes - too learn about CAG commitment & the importance of fishing at the stroke of midnight on January 1st in north central Missouri.  Come on I said - it'll be fun....  he is still sleeping....

May 4 cannot get here soon enough...

Cheers to a happy, healthy, & safe 2017...

For the fish - carp...

Kevin Suedmeyer

My first event,  It was cold, but worth it!  No fish, lots of ice.  Bald Eagle flying over head.  Warm weather will help!!!  Thought about going back today for fun but raining now++  Thanks for the Tourney!!!  Good Luck to all this year!!!

20170101_144447.jpg

20170101_144451.jpg

1 hour ago, MoMoCarper said:

Soooo, I didn't catch a carp, I didn't catch anything other than a cold..  But, trust me when I say I spent two hours with my line freezing to the ice along with my three pieces of sweeeeet corn only to lose the corn as I pulled the rig off the ice getting slapped in the nose, in the process, by a now barren hook.

All the while, my brother MoCarper, hooked a 8 pound 9 ounce common carp - both of us running - me to take photos - him to get the fish back in the water immediately in total darkness while trying not to slip on the ice or go swimming after  falling through the ice....

My ten year old son went as well - against my wife's wishes - too learn about CAG commitment & the importance of fishing at the stroke of midnight on January 1st in north central Missouri.  Come on I said - it'll be fun....  he is still sleeping....

May 4 cannot get here soon enough...

Cheers to a happy, healthy, & safe 2017...

For the fish - carp...

Kevin Suedmeyer

Hi, Kevin.  Sorry you didn't catch anything, but it certainly was not for lack of trying.  Great effort by you and your family.  You might want to check with Willem (CAG Webmaster) as you are still coming up as a Guest rather than as a Member.  Happy New Year. --Frank

I'll keep posting this friendly reminder until the submission deadline, so there are no misunderstandings:  Every and all fishing award entries (photos and related captions) must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Wednesday, January 4, 2017.  No exceptions!

As of this post, you've got about 42 hours until the deadline.  Thank you. --Frank

Frank - I got a 12.8 common at 5am, water temp 52F -- but, we had pretty much zero internet coverage, and John Newbitt was supposed to send it. I guess it never arrived!

Brid.

I'll keep posting this friendly reminder until the submission deadline, so there are no misunderstandings:  Every and all fishing award entries (photos and related captions) must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Wednesday, January 4, 2017.  No exceptions!

As of this post, you've got about 30 hours until the deadline.  Thank you. --Frank

I'll keep posting this friendly reminder until the submission deadline, so there are no misunderstandings:  Every and all fishing award entries (photos and related captions) must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Wednesday, January 4, 2017.  No exceptions!

As of this post, you've got about 24 hours until the deadline.  Thank you. --Frank

I "wimped out" again this year because of the cold, the rain and the wind.

Instead, I fished my own 'event', the FDFDF -- "First Decent Fishing Day Folly" and went today, Jan 3rd.   B)

After the nasty weather Sunday followed on Monday by thunderstorms and tornado warnings, today was cloudy, but warm, with temps in the low 60s.

Tony Locke (who DID brave the elements long enough Sunday to catch a carp) and I fished at Twin Bridges Lake.  We both caught a number of small channel cats, and I managed to catch my first two commons of 2017.  I caught both on home made anise & licorice boilies.  The smaller one was a bit over 9 pounds, and the other was a nice mid-teen, weighing 15-1/2.  I'm sorry I didn't make it out there on Sunday, but I'm happy to have several carp this early, anyway.

DSCN1343.JPG

FRIENDLY REMINDER - 

Every and all FFF 2017 carp entries must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Wednesday, January 4, 2017.  No exceptions!

As of this post, you've got about 6 hours until the deadline.  Thank you. --Frank

FRIENDLY REMINDER - 3 hours until entry deadline!

Every and all FFF 2017 carp entries must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Wednesday, January 4, 2017.  No exceptions!

As of this post, you've got about 3 hours until the deadline.  Thank you. --Frank

LAST FRIENDLY REMINDER - 1 hour until entry deadline!

As of this post, you've got about 1 hour until the deadline.  Thank you. --Frank