Carp Anglers Group Forums

Hello. please tell me if there is a shop with carp inventory in the southeast. I want to prepare for the season 2017. On Ebay already ordered rod pod leeda 3 in 1 and 3 bite alarm with pager ngt vs (for all $ 120). a fishing rod in the choice fell on the 2 * nash h-gan 12 '3.5 lb and 1 * sonik sks black marker rod 12' 3.0 lb (sonik will be used for two purposes). reel want okuma distance int 80. plus fines for the rig. whether all the rod and reel big disadvantages? BCT ordered in flat mix 2 kg, for the delivery of paid exactly the same amount as for the goods, at the order of $ 300-500 do not want to pay $ 200 for shipping. I'm from Russia, and there I was set sonik sks 13 '3.5lb, and I did not like it, great grip for me too hard. in Georgia is very interesting the specifics of fishing, bait, montages, overfeed program, catching depth and bottom topography, also promising places to permitted overnight fishing. Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

I don't know of anyone who specifically carries tackle and other items for carp fishing.  Some of the paylakes might carry some items.  It is my observation that many in the SE look on carp as trash fish to be caught and thrown up on the bank to die.  However, you are in luck as there are several active carp anglers in the Atlanta area.  Barry Schildneck (needmotime2fish) is the state chair and hosts some fish-ins each year.  He would be more in touch with your questions.  I'm sure he will be contacting you when he reads this thread.

Welcome to the USA and to the forum.

Thank you very much for your review. carp beautiful, strong and wise fish worthy of respect, so I do not know if I can watch how it is caught and treated her to pay lakes. because of this, I aspire to the wild waters

4 hours ago, Alex-CARPMANIAC said:

Thank you very much for your review. carp beautiful, strong and wise fish worthy of respect, so I do not know if I can watch how it is caught and treated her to pay lakes. because of this, I aspire to the wild waters

You've probably already seen my replies to your messages on Facebook.  Please feel free to email me if you have more questions than I might have covered.

Alex, I live in Atlanta and I have not found any shop in GA that carries even the basic carp fishing gear. So I get my gear from the vendors on the CAG website or I order direct from the UK. If you do the latter, then obviously shipping costs can be exorbitant. Quite often on line UK sites refuse to ship to the US and if that is the case, get in touch with me as I have a friendly shop..in fact the shop I have used for most of my fishing for the last 50 years.

Bass pro shops are a waste of time with the possible exception  of okuma reels and they dont sell a hook I would want to use!

However, having said all that and as cannonball pointed out, there are not many carp anglers here in GA. So the carp are pretty naive. Thus you can fish for them with pretty basic stuff if you want. For every carp I get on a boilie, I probably get 100 on simple baits...corn or worm. Maybe as they wise up, I will need the hair rig/boilie approach.

GA carp are typically not big. I thought it was just me being not very good when I was unable to crack the 25lb barrier, but far better carp anglers than I struggle to catch "wild" twenties as well. Pay lakes might give you a better chance of a 25lb+ carp.

Lots of lakes here are devoid of carp and so make sure of where you fish. Most of the rivers in contrast do hold carp...and it is possible to catch quite a lot of them. If you need help with potential fishing spots, just ask. There are not many GA carpers, but I dont think any of us have secret venues that we will not reveal to other serious carp anglers.

Cheers

Tony

PS: It would be a very rare weekend when I am not out there somewhere trying to catch a carp or two!

Thanks for the advice and suggestions. I think tomorrow to go to the bull slice lake. gathered almost set. Next time probably already be going at the end of February. Alekseipolushkin@gmail.com

On 1/30/2017 at 2:16 PM, Tony Locke said:

Alex, I live in Atlanta and I have not found any shop in GA that carries even the basic carp fishing gear. So I get my gear from the vendors on the CAG website or I order direct from the UK. If you do the latter, then obviously shipping costs can be exorbitant. Quite often on line UK sites refuse to ship to the US and if that is the case, get in touch with me as I have a friendly shop..in fact the shop I have used for most of my fishing for the last 50 years.

Bass pro shops are a waste of time with the possible exception  of okuma reels and they dont sell a hook I would want to use!

However, having said all that and as cannonball pointed out, there are not many carp anglers here in GA. So the carp are pretty naive. Thus you can fish for them with pretty basic stuff if you want. For every carp I get on a boilie, I probably get 100 on simple baits...corn or worm. Maybe as they wise up, I will need the hair rig/boilie approach.

GA carp are typically not big. I thought it was just me being not very good when I was unable to crack the 25lb barrier, but far better carp anglers than I struggle to catch "wild" twenties as well. Pay lakes might give you a better chance of a 25lb+ carp.

Lots of lakes here are devoid of carp and so make sure of where you fish. Most of the rivers in contrast do hold carp...and it is possible to catch quite a lot of them. If you need help with potential fishing spots, just ask. There are not many GA carpers, but I dont think any of us have secret venues that we will not reveal to other serious carp anglers.

Cheers

Tony

PS: It would be a very rare weekend when I am not out there somewhere trying to catch a carp or two!

Hello, my name is Doug. I currently live in panama city beach. Any idea where I can go and catch some carp? Im originally from indiana and am missing the fun of it? Im willing to travel some on weekend's if you know somewhere?

Hi! The nearest place to you  that guys from GA fish is the Appalachicola where it enters Florida. There is a dam on the FLA /GA border and downstream of that  they regularly catch carp in the 10-30lb range. I have never tried it, but it would seem well worth your while ...and maybe someone who knows more will reply to you. I have caught grass carp  and Koi not far from you...in pools on Cape San Blas

Cheers

Tony