Carp Anglers Group Forums

Another weekend, another couple carp-these are a little nicer though- a 12lb 12ozer, then an 8 and 1/2 lbr!, both of which were caught in a creek just 2 minutes from the house!..the smaller fish was the hardest fighter....the 12lbr not so much......the creek has a series of very large, deep holes at a bend in the creek....I've caught lots of small channel cats, a couple of small mouth buffalos and my first river carpsucker-(just an inch off a master angler award), as well as mostly small to medium carp-the 12lbr is about the largest I've seen or caught in this part of the creek, but I think it holds larger!......Not an ATC event, but it'll do for the 90 minutes I had after cleaning 1/2 of the garage today!!......enjoy!.....

IMG_9083[1].JPGIMG_9134[1].JPGIMG_9135[1].JPGIMG_9158[1].JPG

Thanks!- I think all the creeks around here hold massive numbers of carp-they just aren't fished cause you wouldn't think carp are of any size....my largest so far in a creek is a 17lbr last fall, just before CAG Big 4.....Rest of the week and into the weekend is supposed to be in the 70s, so.............GO OUT AND FISH!!!!- I'm going to Shawnee soon as well......