Carp Anglers Group Forums
JT Donovan

New guy

New guy from the Lansing area. I've caught a few carp by accident fishing the Grand but never specifically targeted them. I've been watching a lot of European carp videos lately and the whole way they fish fascinates me.

Welcome to CAG you have a very great group of anglers in michigan. 

Welcome to the best carping state in the USA. 

You are dead center between two great groups of carp anglers, one on each side of the state.

If you do the FB thing add me Dave Ash, please feel free to ask me any questions that you may have.

Welcome JT!......You'll find CAG is the most dedicated group of anglers amongst any of the sport fisherman.....name another group that specifically designs hooks to limit ingestion, and minimize trauma, discourage gill landing or holding, place the fish on a comfortable matt and suggests using a net that doesn't damage the scales!!!! Ive learned a lot, even being a voracious, life-long fisherman!!........... 

Welcome JT! There is so much information on here. As a relatively new carp fisherman, this site offers a ton of knowledge from some great carp fisherman. 

My first suggestions would to be to find a swim that is conducive to landing carp, bait it up a bit (corn, sweet feed, boilies....), watch it for a while to see what kind of action is in that location, and then go fish. It is a gratifying process.