Carp Anglers Group Forums
Tim Columbo

Neponset river carp

Question I've fished the neponset river frequently have had carp n seen carp from dedham thru hyde park into milton but was wondering if anyone has fished the brackish water with any success from the mouth Dorchester Quincy area n down into mattapan figuring it being tidal n alot more available food sources it would be promising...has anyone had any luck in the brackish part ???

I tried once, without success. Which doesn't mean much, as I really didn't try hard... Please report any success!

Think I'm gonna give it a go can't see why they wouldn't be over there a lot of water to cover but I live close n figure if I bait it consistently for a while should see some results from that side I will keep you posted thanks for the response jerome ??

They are certainly in the Neponset into the brackish sections, although probably not quite as far in as some of the towns you mentioned. I haven't fished it perosnally for carp so can't be much help as for spots, but I do know they move into some if the more brackish stretches. Heard from striper guys they'll see them.

On 5/23/2017 at 10:17 AM, Franky said:

They are certainly in the Neponset into the brackish sections, although probably not quite as far in as some of the towns you mentioned. I haven't fished it perosnally for carp so can't be much help as for spots, but I do know they move into some if the more brackish stretches. Heard from striper guys they'll see them.

Thanks for the heads up man scoped out a few spots last week gonna give it a shot hopefully starting next week I'll keep u guys updated thanks for the response