Carp Anglers Group Forums
(OH) Vinsanity

CAG Ohio - Rocky Fork Results / Jetson Bates Memorial

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for not posting up more details about the event here on the CAG site other than the calendar entry. I'll be sure to post up all the details on subsequent events.

Rocky Fork / Jetson Bates Memorial Fish-in:

Another fish-in on the books! We had approximately 15 people attend this weekend to battle it out to become the 2017 "CARPGOD."

Sean set the bar at 17lbs 4 oz on Friday morning which he felt was going to be easily beaten as the weekend progressed. That didn't seem to be the case as many 8-14lb fish were being caught both Friday and Saturday. I finally managed a fish at 17lbs 5oz just beating out Sean's fish by just one ounce. I was able to up that weight when I caught an 18lb 2oz Carp on Sunday morning.

Larry came through again as always with a feast on Saturday morning and afternoon. Sausage, biscuits and gravy with eggs made to order were served up for breakfast. Brats and bacon cheeseburgers with all the fixins were made at lunch. We had plenty of sides as well to give us the energy to keep up with the fishing throughout the day. Thanks Larry and to those who contributed.

I’d also like to thank all of those who attended the first annual Jetson Bates Memorial. A trophy will be awarded at the 2018 Social to the big fish caught at 18lbs 4oz which just so happened to be me. 1f60a.png? Dave has been working hard on the trophy and it looks amazing! The license plate showed up on Saturday so Dave will be putting the finishing touches on the award soon.

Our next fish-in is scheduled for June 16-18 at West Branch in Akron. I apologize in advance, but I will not be able to make this outing. Kelly and I are heading to Maine for the week. If someone would like to step up and oversee things, that would be great! I will do everything I normally do leading up to the event. Let me know if you’re interested.

wVAgTCkl.jpg

VqEySLWl.jpg

mDwwY5Pl.jpg

snZ5X4zl.jpg

RSjCyKLl.jpg

7bEwJrNl.jpg

ggYQw0Cl.jpg

NyKG8gxl.jpg

Ny1l2drl.jpg

24ROvazl.jpg

Looks like you all had a great day.

Who was the mystery angler that caught the cute "ghostie"?

It must have grown too big for someone's aquarium. :)

Iain

On 5/22/2017 at 6:52 PM, redcoat said:

Looks like you all had a great day.

Who was the mystery angler that caught the cute "ghostie"?

It must have grown too big for someone's aquarium. :)

Iain

Iain,

That was me. It was the same fish in the last picture, but the profile view doesn't really show off its colors. It was my first Ghostie!

Here is a picture of the New Jersey Carp God. If you want I might be able to get you a Carp God head piece.....Let me know...:D

carp god.png

4 hours ago, Barry said:

Here is a picture of the New Jersey Carp God. If you want I might be able to get you a Carp God head piece.....Let me know...:D

carp god.png

LOL! I think the trophy will suffice. I will ask next years winner if they want the headpiece :D