Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
(OH) Vinsanity

CAG Ohio - Scioto River August 26th, 2017

Hello all! As you know the Antrim fish-in will be moved to the Scioto River downtown. The new location gives us plenty of room to spread out and can hold many anglers. This will be a one day event starting at 6am and ending at 6pm. Lot's of fish can be caught so bring plenty of bait. The fish tend to run on the smaller side but the Scioto can always bring a surprise big fish or even buffalo.

The location closest to parking on Mcdowell has a bit of a steep hill to get down to somewhat level ground near the edge of the water. Fishing this location may require water shoes or muck boots due to the vegetation growing along the bank. If you walk along the path (cart friendly) to the north, the bank levels out and it is much easier to get to the water.

I would advise bringing some sort of umbrella or 10x10 to keep out of the sun since there is no shade around.

If you have any questions feel free to post below or send a me message. I hope we have a big turnout!

Google_Maps.png

Knew when the Scioto was nothing but an open sewer in  the 50s.  Same with the Olentangy River.  Good luck!!!!

I recall Jerry McKinnis had a show just after the earth cooled where a guy had started a group called Carpmasters.  They were fishing the Scioto River.  Can't remember his name but I think he was a barber in the Columbus area.

It's changed quite a bit since then! They removed a the Main street dam which narrowed the river quite a bit and a bunch of land was reclaimed. They are also finishing up a 23,300 feet tunnel to help with the combine sewage overflow. https://www.columbus.gov/utilities/projects/OARS-Deep-Sewer-Tunnel/