Carp Anglers Group Forums

Thank You

(NY) AF Bob

As you may know I have been fighting a long illness. What started as a simple surgery turned into a long battle with sepsis and a knee replacement. I have done what I could but it is now time for me to step down to make way for a new leader. It has been my honor to serve as CAG's President and I want to thank all of you for the support and best wishes while I was sick. It is now time for CAG to select a new President to lead us into the future. Over the next few weeks we will be looking for candidates to fill this role. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at (315) 323-4632. The pay for the job is not very good :D but the rewards are great. You can help grow our sport, introduce kids to fishing and work with state officials to protect the fish we love so much! You will also get the chance to work side by side with a great group of guys on the BOD. They all work extremely hard behind the scenes to make this group function. I owe so much to all of them. I want to publicly thank our VP Iain Sorrell for his leadership during my illness. He has done a fantastic job for all of us. In closing, I want to say I have had many opportunities to volunteer in this great organization. I was a State Chair for MA, NY, CO and eventually became the Director of State Chairs. A few years ago I got the privilege to serve as our President. Each position was unique and presented its own challenges but they were all extremely rewarding. I now ask all of you to please consider becoming a volunteer. The future of our organization depends on you!

Sincerely,

Bob Giordano (AF Bob)