Carp Anglers Group Forums

FFF 2018 - Post FFF 2018 Sunrise Photos and Snowcarp/Sandcarp Photos Here!

FJR1

This “FFF 2018 - Post Sunrise, Snowcarp/Sandcarp Photos here!” thread is where you will post all of your photos of FFF 2018 sunrises and any snow or sand sculptures of carp that you may create.

post-8343-0-08175200-1451699219_thumb.jp

The FFF Sunrise Award goes to every FFF 2018 registrant who submits a photograph of the first sunrise of the year. The primary intention of this category is to share some fabulous January 1 photos with fellow CAG anglers. In fact, if it’s too foggy, cloudy, snowy, or rainy, you can still take a picture at the approximate time of sunrise. The picture may or may not include a fish, but it has to include at least some kind of fishing equipment (rod, pod, net, etc.). Anyone submitting a sunrise picture earns an FFF 2018 Sunrise certificate. 

The FFF Snowcarp or Sandcarp Award goes to every FFF 2018 registrant who creates and submits a photograph of a carp sculpted from snow or sand or dirt or a combination thereof. Your children or fishing buddy's children may also create a snowcarp/sandcarp sculpture, and you may submit a photo of the sculpture on their behalf. Anyone submitting a Snowcarp/Sandcarp picture of their creation or of the creation of some little ones who are with you earns an FFF 2018 Snowcarp/Sandcarp certificate.

1. You must be registefed for FFF 2018 to submit a photo.

2.  All who submit a photo on this thread will receive a special FFF 2018 Sunrise or Carp Sculpture certificate for download shortly after the conclusion of the event.

3. Weather on January 1 is not always conducive to a clear sunrise picture. If you can't see the sun, you may take a picture at the approximate time of sunrise and still be eligible for the Sunrise award.
post-6148-0-31700900-1451749932_thumb.jp

4.  The sunrise photo has to include some evidence that you are fishing (i.e., a fish, a rod, a pod, a reel, an angler, etc.). You are welcome, however, to also include fish, people, food, pods, vehicles, buildings, bridges, etc.

5. Simply submit a picture of your Snowcarp/Sandcarp creation to receive the Carp Sculpture Certificate.

6. The best way to post a photo is to drag it to the the bottom of each posting window or to choose a file as indicated at the bottom of each posting window.

If you are having problems with the photo posting options, I will take your photo and caption information via e-mail and post the photo for you.  However, you should know how to post photos on the forum, so please don’t abuse this option. E-mail me at fjrink@comcast.net or pm me at FJR1.  I'll need your e-mailed entries at least two hours before the January 4 deadline to allow me to process and post the pictures by the posting deadline: 1:00 p.m. EST, Noon CST, 11:00 a.m. MST, 10:00 a.m. PST.

gallery_1929_219_120565.jpg

7.  Every and all photo award entries must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Thursday, January 4, 2017.  No exceptions!

8. Please type within each photo’s post the following caption information: 
A. Your name (first and last). 
B. The state/province where the photo was taken.
C. The venue or city where the photo was taken (This is optional if you want to maintain some secrecy about your venue.).

9. Don't forget! - Every and all sunrise/carp sculpture entries must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Thursday, January 4, 2017.  No exceptions!

Thank you. We look forward to some great sunrise and snowcap/sandcarp shots

Don't forget to register for FFF 2018 by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, December 31, 2017. Registering much earlier than that, like right now, is always appreciated. Thanks.—Frank Rink, FFF 2018 Coordinator

Sample Entry for FFF 2018 Sunrise Photo

clear-lake-sunrise.jpg

Ian Morris
California
Clear Lake, CA 
(divulging specific location is optional)

Well, the DesPlaines River in Joliet, IL rarely freezes, but a temperature of -12° and a windchill of -28° will do strange things to a body of water.  Unfortunately, my desired locations were either frozen solid or packed with ice-flows.  I threw some lines into open water, but they were soon caught by those large sheets of ice flowing down the river.  I captured no fish, but did get a sunrise shot from my "peg 8" location (Evidence of fishing are my footprints to and from my location :-)).

fff2018_sunrise_rink.jpg
Frank Rink
Illinois
DesPlaines River, Joliet, Peg 8

47 minutes ago, MOCarper said:

So.... a little sand, a little tumaric powder and a black peppercorn!!!....viola!!  Cyprinus carpio sando!....  :).......

sand carp FFF 2018.jpg

That's impressive, Kirk!  You are the man when it comes to FFF 2018 participation!

Well, no sunrise for me and no carp art. But how about a moon rise? A super moon in fact (also the Wolf Moon)! IT was so bright it was easy to see my lines and even my marker.

2018-01-01 018 (1024x683).jpg

Evan Cartabiano

Tyler, TX

Sorry all- I wasn't official with my submittal;

So.... a little sand, a little tumaric powder and a black peppercorn!!!....viola!!  Cyprinus carpio sando!....  :).......

sand carp FFF 2018.jpg

Wm. Kirk Suedmeyer

Kansas City, Missouri