Carp Anglers Group Forums
(OH) Vinsanity

2018 CAG Ohio - Social

Another great year and turnout for the 2018 Ohio CAG Social! There were 23 people who showed up from all parts of Ohio. We awarded our big fish medals from 2017, presented the Jetson Bates Memorial “CARPGOD” trophy, finalized our 2018 Ohio CAG schedule, and raffled off a bunch of gear.

2017 Ohio CAG Big Fish medals:
1st Common - Vince Shiflet - 23 lbs 2oz (Urbana)
2nd Common - Craig Welch - 21 lbs 10oz (Huron)
3rd Common - Rod Mills - 21 lbs 7oz (Huron)
1st Mirror - Sean Stone - 16lbs 1oz (Rocky Fork) (Sean, I will give you your medal the next time I see you)

2017 Jetson Bates Memorial Trophy:
Vince Shiflet - Rocky Fork Lake - 18lbs 4oz

I want to give a huge thanks to Dave McManus for his work on the “CARPGOD” trophy. It really does look amazing and I very much look forward to the future tournaments. I think Dave mentioned there is enough real estate for 35+ years of plaque placement so if you win this traveling trophy please be kind to it!

2018 Ohio CAG Schedule:
March 3rd – Social @ BW3’s on Bethel Road.
April 13th-15th - East Harbor
May 5th & 6th - Thomas Daugherty Memorial CAG Midwest Regionals
May 18th-20th - Cowan Lake (Jetson Bates Memorial)
June - Lake Milton (tentative)
July - None
August 17th-19th - Jackson City Reservoir
September 28th-30th - Huron River
October 19th-21st - Rayland Marina
November 2nd-4th - Huron River

The raffle was a huge success and it seems like it gets better and better every year. Some of the larger items raffled off were rod holdalls/quivers (Chub and Fox), Diem XL Chair, Fox Brolly, Fox Bivvy, Diem Scale, Diem Landing Mat, and tons of other gear and bait. With the amount of money raised this year next year’s raffle will be even bigger! Be sure to attend one of the CAG events in 2018 for your chance to win one of the larger item at the 2019 Ohio CAG Social.

Thanks to everyone that made the trip! We have a great group here in Ohio and I hope to build on that this year. If you’ve never been to a fish-in I recommend you come by just to see what it’s all about even if you don’t plan to fish. There are plenty of carp anglers that are willing to help and we are very generous with our tackle and knowledge. I look forward to seeing everyone on the bank in 2018. Thanks again!

w9WtwWBl.jpg

v1ObyTfl.jpg

4F0zULFl.jpg

QZB9bY8l.jpg

GQ1i5ywl.jpg

UtsCQXZl.jpg

p5Lj2u9l.jpg

Great Time! Thanks for gathering all the great Prizes Vince and all the extra work involved.

1 hour ago, fieldzee said:

Great Time! Thanks for gathering all the great Prizes Vince and all the extra work involved.

Anytime! Good to see you again and hope to see you at East Harbor.

I had a great time!!!!! The turnout this year was awesome. Prizes was insane, Hopefully we can get that many out to our Ohio fish in events this year. Looking forward to sharing the bank space with many this year. Cheers 🍻!!!!!

Another great social, lots of food, fun and fishing talk. So many raffle prizes, we are gonna need a bigger table next year. See you all on the bank!

Always a great time and getting better every year! Looking forward to trying out Larry's banana & coconut boilie's! Hopefully the smell is gone by now (ROD) LoL Good luck to everyone in 2018!